AES Main Menu

bogbrain

Cannot bring up the AES main menu in FSX using the key combination <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<W>

Have checked for conflicts but no other command uses the combination.

Any ideas why this is and how to rectify the problem?

Yes it is at the top (you do get a promt if it is not)!

This is very frustrating.

All my airports show up including all the credits etc: but I am unable to use the program.

Do the developers read these forums?

• Developer

Do the developers read these forums?

Yes, but you not even say, which AES Version you have, you don't say if all the airports you have are set to "FSX" in AESHelp and not only be "OFF"

As this problem occurred after installing the update over the old version perhaps this may be the cause of the problem. Some help would be appreciated as I am currently unable to use the program at all or the many airports which are showing as "activated!"

• Developer

Did you see any Marshallers, Jetways etc at the airport.

It is always hard to help, when I need to ask for every single info.

Did you check the Keycombi in the Add-ons Vistamare Menu? Maybe assign a different key

The Keycombi in Vistamare is as default (Ctrl+|Shift+W) tried changing it with no effect.

I tried window mode FSX and then bringing up AES.

When I choose "Configuration" I get "Disconnected" in RED then it briefly flashes in "Yellow" then reverts back to "Red" with the error message of "Error while loading Flight Sim. Please start flight sim and place aircraft aon active AES Airport."

This happens at every airport which is currently showing as FSX and active in "Green!"

So it would seem the AES is not connecting with FSX??

• Developer

As long as AES is not working in the FS, it could not connect. And you don't need to connect, as long as you don't want to configure aircrafts or sounds.

What's with the marshallern or Jetways?

• Developer

Can you please check the <fsx>\VistaMare directory, if there is a ViMaCoreLog.txt file in there? Zip this file and attach it here.

This is what is inside:-

[Keys]

VistaMare CORE=H:\Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll

[VistaMare CORE]

Code0=855

Name0=Cycle transp. interf. windows

• Developer

Sorry ViMaCoreLog.TXT not *.cfg

But can you check the path, looks not correct:

VistaMare CORE=H:\Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll

should it not be

VistaMare CORE=H:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll

Tried to edit the txt file adding the \ but after starting FSX VistaMare showed no key combo and checking the file showns just [keys].

So re-installed the backup file I made before changing the text in notepad.

Obviously I will need to correct this path but how?

• Developer

Can you please delete the complete VISTAMARE Subdirectory stucture below the ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

directory and start once AESHelp, the exit it and start the FSX again.

Did that started FSX checked VistaMare Ctrl+|Shift+W shows but still no AES.

Checked the txt file and the path is still VistaMare CORE=H:\Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll not VistaMare CORE=H:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll

• Developer

Open the ...\Vistamare\ViMaCore.CFG (that file you looking into for the Path)

add the following lines and save the file

[settings]

LogLevel=5

then start the FSX, wait until it's up and running, then stop the FSX.

Now you should find a ViMaCoreLog.TXT in the Vistamare subdir, post this here

• Developer

But there has nothing chance, that can have this effect and 1000th other users get it well updated. So something else must happens too.

Where is the Log file?