Airbus X version 1.20

@ christonabike,

I saw your video, take off with flap 1 and check the parameters of your joystick too.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, I also tried flaps 1 with the same effect.

I *think* I've managed to solve the problem by not using AirbusConnect and setting the fuel & pax through FSX as per the FSX standard planes. If anyone experiences the same problem, maybe they could try that.

(crossing my fingers for version 2.0 on the other problems) rolleyes.gif

Sorry to Mathijs and the team, but this is one step forwards, and two steps back. I've been working with this since yesterday evening, had a late night and an early start with it, but I have to conclude that it's crocked.

Leaving aside that annoying dive into the ground when hand flying on finals, and the underpowered climb, version 1.11, was frame rate friendly, generally flyable, and pretty stable.

Alas, on my setup, 1.20 has the same instability issues that I experienced and reported in verson 1.00, that is frequent CTD's on climb out (and not just at airports with add-on sceneries, but at default ones, too); and of course, there is the drastic drop in frame rates, 60-70% (!!) down on the previous version, (I checked this by re-insalling 1.11) which makes the plane now almost unsable at many of Aerosoft's Mega airports. (And before you ask: my year old quad core machine is powerful enough to give good performance with just about any FSX coded add-on. PMDG 747, MD11, Coolsky MD-80 .etc)

Oh, and I'm still getting the dive, but it seems to hapopen now at 50ft, rather than 200ft. And autoland is much less smooth,

Overall, am disappointed, as there is potential here, and as I've said a few weeks back, the exterior model is amazing. But after over a year in intensive development its basic systems are nowhere near finished, or stable.

David

• Upvote 6

I too have been experiencing problems with fsx crashing on shutdown. I dont do this abruptly and it only happens with the AS Airbus X. I do however trust in aerosoft for a fix to this.

I personally do not have any other problems to report as of yet.

Right just did a quick fly around san francisco in the A320 IAE and on approach the aircraft dived. I had not use any AP function just took off, flew round and well attempted to land. It appears however this problem is only at airports of which the approach is above water. Rather unusual but really needs fixing please.

I´m still with the problem of stall when i try some loosing's... never mind I still use the v1.10a...

J von E , i´m with you... no problems to declare, at least with my kind of simming. i´m not a hardcore-simmer or pseudo-hardcore-simmer. For me this plane flies nice ( i don't know how real one works, i´m not a real pilot). In the beginning i need to learn a lot because i was used to Boeing 737, and this is quite different... maybe that is part of the problems i read. I´m tired of read guys complaining about almost everything, even with some solutions already posted in the forum. Since the begging this was announced as a simplified systems Airbus for a type of customer ( like me) that just want start the engines and fly...(more or less) Since i buy this plane i have flown more than i was used because i don't need so much time with preparations. You need to read what you buying... I belive that for witch simmer with problems should be 100 without complaints...

For all this fun THANK YOU AEROSOFT.

One happy customer :wub:

• Upvote 1

Ok so Aerosoft you decided to take this much further and not allow me to access my account? I did nothing wrong.. 1) that violates the right for me to update, and 2) it is theft !, what you have done.

Guys, grow up!.

• Upvote 1

For me, behaviour seems to be improved. Indeed, now fps are less, around 18fps on a small airport.

Activation of approach which I need is there and this is good but for me it seems that the speed is slow decreasing, I switch the flaps to 1, 2, 3, and full starting with 10nm before runway but I get several overspeed warnings (speed at approach start was 210kts selected than after appr activation I pushed the selector to have it managed).

Also, the plane was moving left and right continuously (overturning) even LOC was captured, it couldn't reach direct route to runway...corrections done were too big and at the end I had to take control.

Still I have the feeling that I am flying a Boeing, pitch and roll doesn't seem to be maintained, I will try different settings of joystick again, maybe this will improve it.

• Upvote 1

I haven't had much time to do any real serious testing of 1.20 but I've just tried a rejected takeoff at Ibiza X and everything went fine including auto brakes disengaging when I pressed my toe brakes. Frame rates were no different for me from 1.11 or 1.0.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, so had time to install 1.20 and started my first testflight according to the tutorial. And had some older problems (like performance) i thought they were fixed. :angry:

Then I found out, that just uninstalling the old version is not enough, as some entries in some files still remain. in this thread it is described what to do, I just copy it here again:

FSX during install creates 2 files it uses. Since I'm using Windows 7 I will be referencing the paths where my files are located. If you cannot find them do a search of your harddrive for dll.xml and fsx.cfg.

C:\users\bob\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\

Open the DLL.xml file using Notepad and look for the below entries, if they are there delete the entire listed block from <Launch.Addon> thru to and including </Launch.Addon>. If the entry is not in the file, just close it.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

Open the FSX.CFG file and delete the below listed entries from the [Trusted] section, again if these entries are not listed just close the file.

D:\FSX\Modules\GPSModule.dll

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL.

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

At the end of each of the above files will be a string of letters and numbers ( I did not list mine), they are to be deleted as well.

2. Go to the FSX directory and delete the following folders/files -

Folders =

2.1 delete the Airbus X folder that is listed in the Aerosoft folder.

2.2 delete the 5 Aerosoft Airbus X folders listed under the SimObjects - Airplanes folder

2.3 delete the GPSModule.dll file from the Modules folder

3. Reboot the PC

4. Reinstall the Aerosoft Airbus X V1.11 In this case of course 1.20 !!!

5. Reboot the PC

6. Start flying.

And there is another very important thing about the saved panel states:

1. The saved states are located in a folder called "AerosoftAirbus"

2. This folder is stored in your local Flightsimulator X Folder under your Document folder. The FSX folder got different names depending on your local language:

in german the whole thing looks like "...\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\AerosoftAirbus", in english "...\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbus" and this is the place, where the AirbusX looks for, when you load a panel state from the MCDU :rolleyes:

3. So, if you have another version then english, you MUST have besides your normal folderstructure this "english version", otherwise you can not load the correct panel state!

This is something Aerosoft should fix immediately, as it will always cause trouble for users with non-english versions!

Another thing that has not been solved is the problem with the descent speed. If you don't use speedbrakes from TOD you will be to fast and to high :mad:

• Upvote 5

OK, so had time to install 1.20 and started my first testflight according to the tutorial. And had some older problems (like performance) i thought they were fixed. :angry:

Then I found out, that just uninstalling the old version is not enough, as some entries in some files still remain. in this thread it is described what to do, I just copy it here again:

And there is another very important thing about the saved panel states:

1. The saved states are located in a folder called "AerosoftAirbus"

2. This folder is stored in your local Flightsimulator X Folder under your Document folder. The FSX folder got different names depending on your local language:

in german the whole thing looks like "...\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\AerosoftAirbus", in english "...\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbus" and this is the place, where the AirbusX looks for, when you load a panel state from the MCDU :rolleyes:

3. So, if you have another version then english, you MUST have besides your normal folderstructure this "english version", otherwise you can not load the correct panel state!

This is something Aerosoft should fix immediately, as it will always cause trouble for users with non-english versions!

Another thing that has not been solved is the problem with the descent speed. If you don't use speedbrakes from TOD you will be to fast and to high :mad:

Hi Mopperle,

you really mean to install Version 1.11 instead of 1.20???

Not had time to test properly , however tried a quick circuit at EGBB iae model , on app about 200ft fully manual ,i nose dived into the ground exact same problem as 1.11 .

Please fix this annoying problem

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Mopperle,

you really mean to install Version 1.11 instead of 1.20???

NO, I didn't say that !!! The quote referred to a post installing 1.11, I'll change this ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have portuguese/Brazilian windows and don´t have ANY problems in loading and saving panel states here.

There must be something else!

I meant the language version of FSX not Windows ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't had much time to do any real serious testing of 1.20 but I've just tried a rejected takeoff at Ibiza X and everything went fine including auto brakes disengaging when I pressed my toe brakes. Frame rates were no different for me from 1.11 or 1.0.

This frame rate hit that's been posted about is really odd. I've not really seen the effect on my slightly above mid-range rig, yet others have. It's just like the other bad behavior reported. Some people have crippling issues and yet others (like me) don't. Other posters have tried to help, with varying degrees of success, and sometimes the helpful souls even seem to get blamed.

Maybe this is too much like the real thing. Some years ago, I made a couple dozen 4 to 5 hours trips in the jumpseat of a major carrier's 320s. Some ships worked beautifully, and others drove the crews nuts. It's where I first heard what the guys said was the most common saying among Aibus pilots in their airline, "Why is it doing that?"

It is nice to see some balance on this thread with comments like yours. It seems like bug reporting is too quickly turning into trash talk.

This frame rate hit that's been posted about is really odd. I've not really seen the effect on my slightly above mid-range rig, yet others have. It's just like the other bad behavior reported. Some people have crippling issues and yet others (like me) don't. Other posters have tried to help, with varying degrees of success, and sometimes the helpful souls even seem to get blamed.

Maybe this is too much like the real thing. Some years ago, I made a couple dozen 4 to 5 hours trips in the jumpseat of a major carrier's 320s. Some ships worked beautifully, and others drove the crews nuts. It's where I first heard what the guys said was the most common saying among Aibus pilots in their airline, "Why is it doing that?"

It is nice to see some balance on this thread with comments like yours. It seems like bug reporting is too quickly turning into trash talk.

Yes, it's weird. Apart from the fact that I have to use the speed brake a lot (which might be realistic btw, I don't know) EVERYTHING works perfectly here. From cold and dark to cold and dark again... Great climb, great approach mode, great autoland... It's really weird reading about all these problems!

Hey there,

I have had no problems with 1.11 and I also have no problems with 1.20.

The speed is reduced in the approach phase as the flaps are retracted and after flap 4 it is on vspeed. The

takeoffpower is good, the climb is normal to FL360 (more I have not yet tested). For the flight plan I use an external program,

but that's ok. The auto-land is almost ok, but it is very important to fill the pages in the MCDU complete and correct. Sometimes

the landings are still too rough.

All in all a good addon! By the way, I use FSX Acceleration Pack.

I can not judge how a real Airbus flies, but for me it is very ok with this addon.

Good work Aerosoft!

Greetings

Sash

Okay, I did this and I just had a perfect autoland. I had to remove airbusx base directory and some lines in the fsx.cfg. Reinstalled and voilla! Have to try it more then once.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, it's weird. Apart from the fact that I have to use the speed brake a lot (which might be realistic btw, I don't know) EVERYTHING works perfectly here. From cold and dark to cold and dark again... Great climb, great approach mode, great autoland... It's really weird reading about all these problems!

That's exactly my experience, right down to too much reliance on the speed brake to slow down below 10,000'. I have a well regarded FS9 aircraft that tends to have the same issue, except I need the boards to go down more than slow down. Anyway, the speed issue is no certainly no big deal for me.

Hello all,

I purchased and downloaded v1.20 of the Airbus X which appears to be the latest version according to this thread.

Here, it says:

NOSEDIVE ON MANUAL LANDING SOLVED

Disabling AP on final no longer a problem.

Now, having had none of the previous Airbus X versions and starting out with a fresh 1.20 install, I regret to have to say that this is exactly the issue I'm experiencing.

I usually disconnect the AP about 1000 ft AGL on final to do the rest manually. I also tried to disengage the AP even earlier, always with the same result.

The aircraft goes into a nose dive, and recovers only after a while. I can handle this, but It does not seem right.

What's the trick to avoid the nosedive?

• Upvote 4