AutoLand

URA

Hi everybody, please help, my APPR switch not working +2nd autopilot. Im catching lateral slope only and the plain jast flying past over the runway. Alt at 2000 feet, just simply could not switch the APPR. It,s work fine with FSX Boeing 737-800, Have no idea why, I had tryed so many things. Thank you!

And try not to engage APPR when above the glideslope - that did not work for me - had some strange things happening. When engaging while still under the GS it catches on quite well and autolands worked then. This is not a plane for last minute decisions - preparing the approach with ample space and time will work. It also takes some time before the plane homes in on the approach track unlike some of the standard FSX planes. You should be at least 12nm DME from the threshold when engaging APPR - that is how I got it working.

Thank you guys! I did tryed everything, also reinstull my FSX and Airbus X, and the problem still exist, simply I cannot switched APPR and 2nd auto pilot. I,m using the Airbus320 British Airways, it,s intercept lateral slope fine. I dont know what to do? Spend 2 days to find the problem

• Aerosoft

First of all, it works really different in an Boeing so don't try to do what you do there.

Second, as always we strongly recommend to try the Vol-6 Step by Step flight. Every step is explained there. If you really do not like to try that, at least look at the last page of that manual.

• 1 month later...

Mathijs,

I too have trouble with the autoland. I have read Vol 6 of the manual and took notes.

I set the ILS freq and CRS in the Nav Rad page of the MCDU

I engaged the Loc at about 19 nm from rwy 16 at LOWW, flying at a level of 3,000 feet.

Then I engaged the ILS but did not note any notation of the ILS in Blue at the top of the ND

I then engaged the Apr, and the 2nd Autopilot.

I did not capture the ILS. I was way off to the right of the runway. Had to manually land.

In the last page of Vol 6 of the manual there is "picture 24" which shows the ND. There appears a white

a rectangle which seems to be a drawing of the direction (163 degrees) of LOWW rwy 16. A visible drawing of

the direction of the runway would be exttremely helpful in attempting capturing the ILS.

I did not find such a runway drawing on my ND just a dot with LOWW.

How does one get the rectangle of the runway to appear in the ND, as in Picture 24 of the Vol 6 of the manual?

Thanks.

Stanner

PS the tutorial (Vol 6) was very helpful. I can now fly take off, fly a flight plan, but have the problem with the ILS and autoland.

Hi Stanner.

You say you engaged Loc before the ILS. You should have the ILS active first and ensure you are on a course to intercept the localiser.

Have you switched the ND into ILS mode after pressing the active LS button? This will give you a rose compass with a line indicating the CRS selection ie the runway heading. Treat this as your runway.

There will be a bar in the middle if the ND that will likely be to the left or right depending on the direction you are approaching from. This tells you which side of the localiser you are. You should aim to intercept the localiser at 30 deg. So for LOWW that would be 130 deg or 190 deg depending on arrival direction.

As you approach the localiser the central bar will move in and the key is to get the line in the centre.

You actually only need to use APPR as this will capture the LOC and glideslope.

Select APPR a soon as the LS is active and you are on an intercept. The autopilot will take care of the rest.

As the glideslope bar indicates descent activate AP2.

After that as long as you're on approach speed you should have a good landing.

Hope that helps.

Chris