Can't disconnect Autopilot

dandi99

actually I figuered out, that the keyboard also in some cases won't work (e.g. press Z on german keyboards)

it will only work by pressing the AP Buttons with the right mouse botton. But that could be workinig by design so I do not complain

Swen is correct.

If you just 'tap' the Z key or autopilot connect, you will hear the ton, but the AP will remain on.

You need to HOLD DOWN the 'Z' key and the AP will disconnect momentarily.

Aerosoft have said this is to do with the Airbus have 2 x Autopilots.

Indeed, you may encounter problems trying to engage/disconnect the AP with Hardware. This is due to the fact that Airbus X is using a dual autopilot system whereas the stardard FSX function only has a single AP.

I too use the G940 and this was a source of frustration during Beta, but now I understand why and have got used to using the mouse to control the AP in the cockpit.

Chris

• 1 month later...

I"m not able to engage autopilot with my keyboard (Z key) nor with my joystick. It's very frustating because when I manage to take-off (when there's no CDT...), I must release the joystick in order to catch the mouse and click on the AP Pushbutton on the screen. The AP disconnection works sometimes but the AP connetion never works... Any idea ?

I"m not able to engage autopilot with my keyboard (Z key) nor with my joystick. It's very frustating because when I manage to take-off (when there's no CDT...), I must release the joystick in order to catch the mouse and click on the AP Pushbutton on the screen. The AP disconnection works sometimes but the AP connetion never works... Any idea ?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but how about using the mouse in one hand and the stick in the other?

Apart from that, once you are in the air, you can release the stick and the FBW will maintain your pitch while you use the mouse to left click the AP1 button.

Just because I'm a right-hand man and, on my X52 Pro, I've got the right hand on the stick and the left on the throttle. I just can't understand why the "Z" key works for AP deconnection (a long press or multiple press) but doesn't work for AP connection.

If you have the registered version of FSUIPC you can program the buttons on your X52 to turn the autopilots on and off, you will need to use the LUA scripts that Guenter created.

I don't have the registered version of FSUIPC. I already have to buy EFB in order to program correctly the FMS and now I'm a little bothered to pay for some more add-ons in order to use this aircraft...

Well use the mouse then. By the way nobody forced you to buy EFB you do not need it at all to program the MCDU, it just makes the job a little easier, it certainly isn't a requirement, just like buying FSUIPC to make your sim experience better isn't a requirement either.

Thinking about this really inconvenient AP disconnect issue, I'd like to also raise another complaint. For some reason, I've found that every time I want a fresh coffee, I have to get up and go to the kitchen to make one and this is in fact even more inconvenient than moving my hand a few inches to click a button with my mouse..........like I do on every other aircraft with an AP.:lol:

As Andy said; you didn't need to buy EFB and you don't need to buy FSUIPC.

And guess what, I use a X-52 and with regard to the comment about right hand for stick and left for throttle..........what are you doing with your hand on the throttle? You only touch the throttle handles 3 times from take-off run to roll-out and for 2 of those you're actually on the runway!!!

I just wanted to understand why some of you manage to use this key and dome others don't. I don't have any answer for that and you prefer make a joke... ok then.

Of course you're right that's not a big issue, it was just something I wanted to understand. There's bigger problems to solve with this airplane... a lot of CDT...

I was probably wrong when I thought a forum is a place to discuss and find some solutions.

end of topic for me.

I was probably wrong when I thought a forum is a place to discuss and find some solutions.

I presume you don't think the suggestions Paul and I made were relevant or helpful, I'm sorry you feel that way, but if you ask questions on a forum expect to receive answers, whether you like them or not is another matter.

I just wanted to understand why some of you manage to use this key and dome others don't. I don't have any answer for that and you prefer make a joke... ok then.

Of course you're right that's not a big issue, it was just something I wanted to understand. There's bigger problems to solve with this airplane... a lot of CDT...

end of topic for me.

For the record, I tried the "Z" key last night; for the first time, and it doesn't work for me either. It's never occured to me to try it before because I see no use for it in the Airbus; everything else is controlled by the mouse, so why would I then go looking for the keyboard to connect/disconnect the AP, especially as like the throttles, you only need to use the AP button a few time during a flight, well twice actually, one leftclick at around 1,000ft going up and then one right click at around 2,000ft on the way down.

And yes, this is a non-issue and there are other things to look at. Interesting you mention CTD's. It's obvious from the forums that of the thousands that are using the Airbus now, only a very few have CTD issues. During the beta these seemed to come and go with different versions, but since release, I've not had a single CTD........until last night!!! It happened three times in 10 minutes and I've no idea why, though I suspect that it may affect different models rather than all and if it does, will be an easy fix......maybe:) I also recall that 2 of these CTD's happened when loading a previously saved Airbus flight that I hadn't used before which suggests it may actually be user induced. For example, I usually start FS with a saved "default" flight that uses the 737, and then load the Airbus.

As you say, the forum is a place to discuss things, but I think some thing are less useful to discuss than others.