Top of descent?

smark

Hi there

Did my first tutorial flight yesterday which generally went very well. I did not see a top of descent marking on the ND although it is referred to in the tutorial as being between this and that waypoint. I loaded the tutorial flightplan via the fsx interface and I could not find a way to add constaints (speed and alt) to the waypoints. Am I missing something or is this not modelled? It's not crucial for me since I normally fly by ATC - I am just curious :)

regards

S. Mark

Yes that confused me a little - the tutorial mentioned it and it didn't appear. No problem though, just tune to a VOR at the destination and use the 3x rule.

Simply set the FCU altitude window to the constraint altitude and push the ALT knob.

FCU Altitude value always takes presedence over MCDU Cruise altitude if lower.

Finn

Finn main point of this thread is that the TOC and TOD are not shown on the ND, the Step by Step guide leads us to believe that we should see a TOD marker somewhere between two named waypoints on the ND, but it seems that this is not modelled as there are at least 3 people in this thread who do not see a TOC or TOD marker, can you please confirm this?

Finn main point of this thread is that the TOC and TOD are not shown on the ND, the Step by Step guide leads us to believe that we should see a TOD marker somewhere between two named waypoints on the ND, but it seems that this is not modelled as there are at least 3 people in this thread who do not see a TOC or TOD marker, can you please confirm this?

There are a few reasons you may not be seeing a TOC or TOD marker on the ND.

-- no TOC symbol if there are too many waypoints between the depart airport and the TOC. (Keep it to 5 waypoints or less.)

-- no TOC symbol if you're loading a saved flight which does not start from the beginning... i.e., the first flightplan waypoint must be the current waypoint as soon as you start the flight. (You do not have to save flight / start from the depart runway, but you do need to start somewhere within the flightplan's first leg.)

-- no TOD symbol if there are too many waypoints between the TOD and the arrival airport. (Keep this to 5 waypoints or less, also.)

-- no TOD symbol if TOD is currently more than 20 waypoints away.

It's most likely one of those reasons. Please let us know.

There are a few reasons you may not be seeing a TOC or TOD marker on the ND.

-- no TOC symbol if there are too many waypoints between the depart airport and the TOC. (Keep it to 5 waypoints or less.)

-- no TOD symbol if there are too many waypoints between the TOD and the arrival airport. (Keep this to 5 waypoints or less, also.)

Confirmed. The tutorial flightplan has more waypoints and hence no TOC or TOD. My own (very simple) flightplan had 5 waypoints all in all and I did see the TOC and TOD this time around.

Agreed Jeroen, there are to many waypoints for it to show, however the "Step by Step" tutorial states:

111. Cruise Altitude: As soon as the cruise altitude of 31.000 feet has been reached (near to the waypoint NOGRA and marked on the ND with a white arrow showing up) the FMA data on the PFD should change to SPEED, ALT CRZ and NAV.

Agreed Jeroen, there are to many waypoints for it to show, however the "Step by Step" tutorial states:

111. Cruise Altitude: As soon as the cruise altitude of 31.000 feet has been reached (near to the waypoint NOGRA and marked on the ND with a white arrow showing up) the FMA data on the PFD should change to SPEED, ALT CRZ and NAV.

Yes, but that's why it's called a bug. You SHOULD see it no matter how many waypoints there are, hence the explanation in the tutorial. But right now you won't see them due to the fact the plan has to many waypoints.

And to add to that, like Matthijs and some other Aerosoft guys have written, after takeoff, reaching ACC altitude, retracting the throttle a little bit, you should normally see only THR CLB until shortly before touchdown when you RETARD, so another discrepancy between the tutorial and the guys here who have flown the Airbus in Beta already :wacko:

I posted this elsewhere already (here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38087 ), but I've never seen THR CLB... I only see THR LVR...