What did I miss

psolk

I am note sure what preceded this comment but it has me very concerned...

Based on the situation, that one user has posted here internal information, the user is banned no, AES is delayed for undefined time (until I have changed the internal process) and this thead is closed.

At this moment, I think it's time for a longer break regarding AES, but I hope that the positive feedback given by some users here, will let me forget the rest of the posts, fast if possible.

What happened here? To think of FS without AES is a very scary thought. I bought the UK2000 update and it is patiently sitting on my HD until a time that Oliver has the cycles to get around to it. In fact it has become commonplace to buy scenery and then "park it" until it is AES compatible. BUT I always understand there is a tremendous amount of work that goes into AES'ing a scenery and that like everything else in life I need to be patient... I also don't expect a major upgrade to come for free, I don't know why so many people think they are "entitled" to things for free! Hey I have to pay almost $200 everytime Acura updates the SatNav or GPS Database in my car that I already spent $45,000 on!!! If $45,000 doesn't get me a free upgrade a few dollars for AES credits DEFINITELY doesn't entitle me to a free update!!!

I really hope that Oliver re-thinks his break from AES, it is incredibly disheartening to think of FS without Oliver and AES...

Whoever posted the info that sparked all of this should not only be banned they should be flogged with a wet stick!!!

Don't leave us Oliver, you have a ton of followers who would be devastated to see you go... Not just because of AES either but all your work on AMS and all the other answers and help you have provided over the years!

So this is my official Thank You Oliver, from just one of your many supporters...

-Paul

• Upvote 10

I really hope that Oliver re-thinks his break from AES, it is incredibly disheartening to think of FS without Oliver and AES...

Whoever posted the info that sparked all of this should not only be banned they should be flogged with a wet stick!!!

Don't leave us Oliver, you have a ton of followers who would be devastated to see you go... Not just because of AES either but all your work on AMS and all the other answers and help you have provided over the years!

So this is my official Thank You Oliver, from just one of your many supporters...

-Paul

Yes, thank you for all of your hard work. I have gotten to the point that I usually only buy airports after AES has worked on them. I did buy the FSDT DFW before the AES release but I assumed an airport of that quality would eventually have AES support. I am sure it will have AES support when it is ready.

The point is that AES has become an incredibly important part of my FS experience and I have stopped buying add ons from companies that don't support AES (including one very well known developer).

Please don't stop the party Oliver. For FSX, the party has really just begun.

• Upvote 2

Oliver,

I think it's just not fair to punish loyal customers (I spend approximately 160EUR on AES)for the stupidity of the others. I'm willing to spent more and I will be continuing to support both AES and FS2004 developement on the long range.

Please reconsider your decision. (FSDT KDFW needs AES baaaaaaadly)

Thanks for your hard work and tremendous contribution for the community.

Dmitriy

• Upvote 2

I also totally agree with you Paul.

Oliver, you deserve every break you need but please don't let yourself get irritated by some ungrateful guy who always asks for more.

Whenever I look in some scenery development forums there are atleast three posts asking if there will be AES support, there you can see your great influence on the flightsim community!

Lets hope you will be back soon, maybe it would be the best if you take a few days off flightsim. ^_^

• Upvote 2

Oliver, All I can say is thank you very much for such a well used product on my machine. Not many addons last as long as yours and it is well worth it. Here is hoping you consider continuing the developement of AES. Ken

• Upvote 2

Hello Oliver, I want take this opportunity to thankyou for all of your hard work for AES. It is an essential add-on for FS.

You will always have my support.

+1! I am so used to AES, that I often don't even want to fly to an airport without AES support :blush:

• Upvote 2

+1! I am so used to AES, that I often don't even want to fly to an airport without AES support :blush:

Me too. Like the other have written, I also buy an add-on airport if it is AESed. It is one of the most influential add-ons for FS in my opinion. It adds so much to the atmosphere, it gives that extra something. Flying into a non-AESed airport is too.... bland? Simply not fun. Once you have tasted AES, there is no way back... B)

An idea for a T-shirt: "You have been AESed..." :P

So, Oliver, a big Thank You from me as well with hopes that AES will continue. I have no idea what has happened (and it is not important for me to know), but... AES is your baby, a brilliant idea which blossomed to a mature and essential product for our beloved hobby. How can you let it go?

Regards,

Jure

• Upvote 2

Oliver, what should I do without AES? Look, since AES is there I only fly to Airports with AES-Support. When I buy a new Airport the next step is to get some new credits.

So, now tell me, what should I do without this wonderful tool?? If FS needs a tool it IS AES, no doubt. So please, don't stop working on it. I'm sure the most people here will agree with me.

THANK YOU for many wonderful turnarounds on AES-Airports!!

• Upvote 2

Oliver, please welcome not just my thanks, but also my offer to cooperate again freely, should you like to add more marshaller's regional voices ... long live AES, there's a growing number among us simmers that just couldn't fly anymore without its services, looking forward to the active refueller, etc. etc., so ... please keep it running !

And glad to welcome y'all folks when you park and set the brakes somewhere in Italy !

Happy landings and always three greens,

Eugenio

• Upvote 2

Hi Oliver,

when I saw the registry details in the thread I was already wondering and next time I look by it is blocked and your message said it all. I just want to tell you like so many others that I hope you continue with AES after you made it even more secure against "hackers". It would be very sad if this would again be a part of Flightsim that dies, because of some stupid idiots who do not appreciate the work of others.

I hope you can relax a little. At least right now the weather seems to be decent ^_^ and (call me naive, but I still hope it is the case) think about that the majority of flight simmers enjoy your product legally.

Keep up the excellent work!

Regards

Markus

• Upvote 2

I dont even have AES or for that matter even tried AES in my last 7 years of simming, however I would hate to see a fellow like Oliver close up shop due to the stupidity or ignorance of a small group of people, or in this case the fellow(s) that found the need to post some inside info or whatever was posted that could hurt the sales of his product.

Hopefully Oliver will look past the incident and after a beak come back and AES more airports that so many in the community crave.

Regards

• Upvote 2

All I can say I love AES more than anything in my flight sim and I really honor Oliver for his hard work. However, I truly hope he considers bringing at least one person on board to assist him with AES. In the beginning it was just a few freeware airports and Aerosoft products. But now I have to assume more than 50% of FS users now use AES. That's a lot of people! And A lot of demand.

Im sorry but it seems that it is just getting to be WAY too much work for one person. Us growing customer base are not the only people who depend on AES anymore. Aerosoft as well as several other payware developers now depend on AES on a sales standpoint. Several others as well as myself have stated that I don't buy airports without AES. That should be a very big deal to scenery developers that there are so many people who feel as I do.

I just think at this point it's really time to have more people working on this product. Assistance with AES gets the product out faster and takes pressure off Oliver. Most FS products need "teams" these days to reach completetion in a timely manner. I can name products that are taking YEARS to complete because one guy who has a life needs to take his time.

I am VERY TRULY impressed at how well Oliver has the ability to to keep up with airports on 2 platforms and keep up with updates as well as he does as I am sure he has a job, a girl, and other hobbies. But a little assistance is not a bad thing. And if the price has to go up then it has to go up. Even Gary of UK2000 just announced all of his products are going up in price. AES held it's price since the very beginning and I am very thankful for that. But if it needs to go up to have one more person onboard, I think most will agree and prefer it. Besides, it would mean getting almost twice the airports in the same alloted time as well as AES product enhancements like options to have firetrucks waiting for an emergency landing.

I am very passionate about this product and am very happy no one has been able to hack or crack it. Oliver, please don't let the actions one asshole make us all customers and developers suffer. We all support you. You know our support because AES is Aerosoft's highest selling product of all time. And it may even be the highest selling product in the history of home flight simulation.

We love ya Oliver and as always, your very loyal customers like me are counting on you and very much depend on you to keep our flight simulation experence loved and enjoied.

Weather you choose an assistant or elect to go it alone, we just hope to see you back soon.

D'Andre

• Upvote 3

As a long time AES user and supporter.... Oliver, I, along with all the supporters here sincerely hope you will not allow the STUPIDITY angry.gif of the FEW outweigh the needs of the MANY. Please hurry back soon wub.gif

• Upvote 3

Oliver, I too would like to add my appreciation of all you have achieved in bringing AES to Flight Simulator - it is an outstanding product that has transformed my enjoyment of flight sim, and added more realism to the game - all for a very low marginal cost.

I would like to encourage you in your work and hope that you may long continue working on AES and others may enjoy the fruits of your labours.

Rob

• Upvote 3

I want to add my own words of encouragement Oliver. AES is one of the major enhancements of FS and has made a huge difference in the quality of the simulation experience. And as a customer, I have deeply appreciated how you have continued to improve and develop it. Please don't be disheartened by the ignorance of a tiny minority. We love your work and respect you

• Upvote 3

Hello Oliver,

I'm not reading all of these posts and really don't understand what is going on except that someone said that you're considering "backing off" from AES.

I believe that would be a terrible blow for flight sim enthusiast like myself, who have reveled in the realism that your software has been bringing to FSX and FS9.

I always look for which airports will be supported by AES, and those are the ones that I buy. I have tons of AES supported airports for both FSX and FS9 and continue to always look forward for your AES updates and seeing which new airports you will cover.

No one could replace the amazing idea and what AES brings to flight simulator. Please don't "back off". Please continue to move forward with AES. I, for one, will continue to support and buy credits and enjoy AES.

Whatever the problem is, please don't let a few spoil it for many.

Thank you,

Bob

• Upvote 2

AES is delayed for undefined time (until I have changed the internal process)

Alright it says no where here that Oliver is stepping down or stopping on development on AES all it says is that he is delaying the next release until he can change the internal processes.

• Upvote 2

Alright it says no where here that Oliver is stepping down or stopping on development on AES all it says is that he is delaying the next release until he can change the internal processes.

I don't think you grasped the overall impetus of what Oliver was trying to convey. Yes we all understood it will take time to correct the internal process. It was the bit about taking a longer break [from] AES. He is clearly discouraged about people complaining about having to use more credits and the effect of someone hacking the product. Thus showing encourgement and support is very important right now. Do you have a more clear understanding? ;)

Oliver,

Your addon has changed my entire FS life. I don't fly anywhere AES isn't supported unless I have to (for a mission at my VA).

I can't imagine FS without AES and I can't remember what it was like BEFORE AES.

You have my heartfelt thanks for all of your hard work and I do hope you'll remember that there's far more of us who appreciate your work than there are those who don't!

Thank you again Oliver!

• Upvote 1