Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Seems to be some confusion.

Download release next Monday August 30, late in the day (German time). I just uploaded the Release Candidate to the guys who make the installers. So far all seems fine. Boxed release expected very late September or early October (depends a lot on translations).

One of the last issue was the web server but that seems to run great now. Loaded the Bus and my laptop now shows this:

web.jpg

Mathijs this is one of the most genius things anyone has done for flightsim i actually cant get over how amazing that is.

Does that mean i can leave the bus on a long haul and go watch tv but monitor it with website?

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

a tip from me as a seller. Make today the release before the weekend and you have more sales as more customers at the weekend have time to buy and test ;)

Yes, I agree. But on the other hand we will need a lot of resources for support and that's difficult during the week.

Mathijs just a question,

When you brake are the wheels going to stop moving like in default fsx aircrafts or have you changed it so you can brake the animation of the wheels continue?

Thanks

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Mathijs this is one of the most genius things anyone has done for flightsim i actually cant get over how amazing that is.

Does that mean i can leave the bus on a long haul and go watch tv but monitor it with website?

Yes. Any machine that got a browser and that's on the same network as your FSX machine will work. I use it on my iPhone msot of the time. We intend to add a bit to that in the next few weeks. There is no reason we could not expand this with some other things, like being warned when TCAS notices something at long range.

• Upvote 1

Yes. Any machine that got a browser and that's on the same network as your FSX machine will work. I use it on my iPhone msot of the time. We intend to add a bit to that in the next few weeks. There is no reason we could not expand this with some other things, like being warned when TCAS notices something at long range.

Ah, now THAT is good!!!!!!!

hahaha yeh great, watching tv downstairs and suddenly "TRAFFIC TRAFFIC" spill my tea all over me and run upstairs laugh.gif

• Upvote 8

Yes. There are a few DLL's that help where XML can't go but even these DLL's are controlled by the 140.000 lines of XML code.

Thanks for your reply.

So are we going to expect a .cab file or a .gau file?

If I may get to know this.

Regards

• Aerosoft

Mathijs just a question,

When you brake are the wheels going to stop moving like in default fsx aircrafts or have you changed it so you can brake the animation of the wheels continue?

Thanks

They keep rolling until the aircraft comes to a complete stop.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Thanks for your reply.

So are we going to expect a .cab file or a .gau file?

If I may get to know this.

Regards

Even easier, just basic .xml files. We really invite people to start changing code.

Do note there are a lot of tracers in the code so if people start using it for freeware of even worse commercial work we'll notice.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

hahaha yeh great, watching tv downstairs and suddenly "TRAFFIC TRAFFIC" spill my tea all over me and run upstairs laugh.gif

One of the we wanted to include was the option to pause the sim from the browser. But this has to be done in a service pack as we had some issues with it.

• Upvote 1

One of the we wanted to include was the option to pause the sim from the browser. But this has to be done in a service pack as we had some issues with it.

Oh wow very clever, if you can i think a map aswell would be very good so you can see your aircraft from a top down view

cant belive we are getting an airbus a320/a321 in the next few days!

i mean,

fsx has never had one native to it, and it certainly has been a long time!!

i am going to do a few flights, and [although its missing alot of stuff for my personal tastes ]

If it runs to my satisfaction, i shall be purchasing some aerosoft european sceneries, because the smallest jet i have for FSX is a blooming CS757 ! eugh

• Upvote 1

cant belive we are getting an airbus a320/a321 in the next few days!

i mean,

fsx has never had one native to it, and it certainly has been a long time!!

i am going to do a few flights, and [although its missing alot of stuff for my personal tastes ]

If it runs to my satisfaction, i shall be purchasing some aerosoft european sceneries, because the smallest jet i have for FSX is a blooming CS757 ! eugh

I just got Gibraltar X a few weeks ago. It's pretty great.

• Upvote 2

Good day,

I have been following this thread for the last months and I am confused about the Save Panel Function as described in the manual ("flight plan not being saved").

Does that mean that we will lose the MCDU data (F-PLAN page) when saving a flight and loading it later?

Sorry for digging this up (hope I did not miss an answer), but I still wonder if we can save and load flights w/o losing data?

• Aerosoft

Sorry for digging this up (hope I did not miss an answer), but I still wonder if we can save and load flights w/o losing data?

Well there are three kinds of things that need saving

• the flightplan
  • the default FSX things (location etc)
  • the things the default saving does not save

1 and 2 are default FSX features so we added the third. We save, for example, if your nose wheel landing light is in taxi or in takeoff mode.

• Upvote 2

We save for example if your nose wheel landing light is in taxi or in takeoff mode.

Copy that, but I wondered if the content of all MDCU pages is also saved. It surely is nice to have my wheel landing light in the right mode after re-loading a flight, but not when at the same time my complete F-PLAN page or other vital parts of the current MCDU state are gone. smile.gif

• Aerosoft

Copy that, but I wondered if the content of all MDCU pages is also saved. It surely is nice to have my wheel landing light in the right mode after re-loading a flight, but not when at the same time my complete F-PLAN page or other vital parts of the current MCDU state are gone. smile.gif

I am leaving this for Finn.

MK is leaving the forum like a turkey on Dec 22nd.

• Upvote 1

Alot of the MCDU stuff are stored but not the flightplan istelf...

The reason is that we are using xml code. FSX handling of xml code means very poor "String" operations.

Numbers and numarical vaules are very well handled, but alphanumeric stuff is extreme poorly handled.

Therefore is it not possible to store the flightplan itself, cause the flightplan is build up by waypoint names, wich are alphanumerical strings.

Sorry, would have liked to be able doing so too.

Finn

Hi guys,

I am really looking forward the get this bird. I was just flying today from EDDM to EDDL in an real Airbus A321 by Lufthansa... Everytime a great feeling to have a seat inside of this bird... ;-)

regards

Pascal

A few more questions:

Does the FMGS provide fuel burn and ETA predictions?

Does the FMGS provide V speeds (A time saving feature) or is it manual only?

Does it have a "pause 10nm before TOD" switch?

Does it have INS alignment or is it instant?

Only normal law is modelled?

• Upvote 1

OK...I know I've seen it posted, but I can't locate it. What liveries will come with the download? I believe I saw a list of about 8-10 different ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

• Upvote 2