Update To Heathrow Needed

windshear

I would like to thank you for the amazing detail and authenticity you put into making AMS.

When it comes to Heathrow, I think it is safe to say, that it is behind production pace.

I know that you are busy, but the new edition to T5 is almost completely up and running. Also T2 is completely gone and T1 has completly changed! Further more the hangars close to RWY 27L have been completely removed.

Is there any news of an update?

Yours truly

Boaz

• Upvote 1

There will be a completely new version of UK2000´s London Heathrow, called UK2000 Heathrow 2010. I don´t think that there will be an update for the old version.

regards

Max

I think he's talking about the Simwings version of Heathrow!

Ye I would think it was inappropriate to wish for an update for a competing producer in this forum :lol:

Yes the Aerosoft mega airport edition of Heathrow, made by Simwings.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

Again this would be up to the developers and not us if they decided to do this so best to badger them at there forum ;)

I think they would be more impressed if someone from Aerosoft badgered them...

;)

• Developer

Hi,

the question is the answer :D

As you wrote they started to demolish half of the airport and on the other hand construction of new buildings is slow. So reworking LHR NOW would be of no use.

Due to the huge changes at LHR we plan a major update (in fact more a new airport than just an update) in 2011.

Existing users will be entitled for a small update price.

I´ll ask BAA if they can offer me maps/plans how LHR will look in 2012/13.

(Allways a good choice to go a little bit further... otherwise I´ll be overtaken by reality)

Thorsten

Hi,

the question is the answer :D

As you wrote they started to demolish half of the airport and on the other hand construction of new buildings is slow. So reworking LHR NOW would be of no use.

Due to the huge changes at LHR we plan a major update (in fact more a new airport than just an update) in 2011.

Existing users will be entitled for a small update price.

I´ll ask BAA if they can offer me maps/plans how LHR will look in 2012/13.

(Allways a good choice to go a little bit further... otherwise I´ll be overtaken by reality)

Thorsten

Thanks Thorsten! as a owner of your scenery thats great news. :D

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Have any plans been made yet? As you can see from the below capture of the latest chart, the taxiway layout has been pretty much finalized (I think). Construction is ongoing and is not gonna finish overnight, so now is as good a time as any to do an update. It'd be nice to have 5C and a quasi-current taxiway layout on the east side of the airport (see page 22 and 23 of the manual).

"Future changes of the airport compared to our scenery will be incorporated by updates"

;)

Hello,

Have any plans been made yet? As you can see from the below capture of the latest chart, the taxiway layout has been pretty much finalized (I think). Construction is ongoing and is not gonna finish overnight, so now is as good a time as any to do an update. It'd be nice to have 5C and a quasi-current taxiway layout on the east side of the airport (see page 22 and 23 of the manual).

"Future changes of the airport compared to our scenery will be incorporated by updates"

;)

Hello Mike,

I'm sure they'll get round to it but they do have other projects that they are also working on, so there may be other priorities at play here.

No doubt, but I'm not really interested in those other projects at the moment. ;-D

And they put that line in the manual, not me. The "Terminal 5 Update" was released well over two years ago, two and a half even, so yeah...

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking at buying this add-on, and was wondering if the current cost of the add-on plus the small update cost, would come at a smaller price than buying the updated product as a whole?

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Ledgey.

Hello Ledgey,

Normally purchasers of the old version will get a discounted version but its not known at what price.

But its usually a little more than someone who hasn't purchased before, but then thats how it goes for a lot of products online.

By that I mean if the product cost €30 brand new and you purchased the update version for €20 then you see the cost, but as I say this is how it works for a lot of things online.

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to find them, but they are well hidden it seems. Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, I don't often if at all have need to go looking for forum rules...

Anyway, I guess it all boils down to don't post any inconvenient truths... That or I posted utter nonsense, but then why not expose me publicly? Seems like the easier and more effective move. Deleting posts because of an unwanted opinion (and not obvious things like spam or offensive stuff) tends to demonstrate a certain weakness on the part of he who does the deleting and not he who posted in the first place. I guess my high regard of Aerosoft continues to be misplaced. See, that's what you get when you delete something without as much as leaving a comment in place, even more unwanted opinions.

:P

Edit: Well, I honestly can't find any.

:huh:

• Upvote 1

Hello Ledgey,

Normally purchasers of the old version will get a discounted version but its not known at what price.

But its usually a little more than someone who hasn't purchased before, but then thats how it goes for a lot of products online.

By that I mean if the product cost €30 brand new and you purchased the update version for €20 then you see the cost, but as I say this is how it works for a lot of things online.

Thank you for your quick reply Shaun, I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Ledgey

I'm trying to find them, but they are well hidden it seems. Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, I don't often if at all have need to go looking for forum rules...

Anyway, I guess it all boils down to don't post any inconvenient truths... That or I posted utter nonsense, but then why not expose me publicly? Seems like the easier and more effective move. Deleting posts because of an unwanted opinion (and not obvious things like spam or offensive stuff) tends to demonstrate a certain weakness on the part of he who does the deleting and not he who posted in the first place. I guess my high regard of Aerosoft continues to be misplaced. See, that's what you get when you delete something without as much as leaving a comment in place, even more unwanted opinions.

:P

Edit: Well, I honestly can't find any.

:huh:

Hello Mike,

The post was not deleted by me but a power greater than me, plus your reply had absolutely nothing to do with the question in hand.

Think of it this way , If you had a shop and I stood in your foyer doing exactly the same what would you do, think on it and no reply is necessary

• Upvote 1

Hello Mike,

The post was not deleted by me but a power greater than me, plus your reply had absolutely nothing to do with the question in hand.

Think of it this way , If you had a shop and I stood in your foyer doing exactly the same what would you do, think on it and no reply is necessary

If someone had done that in my Grandad's news agents, I think he'd have shot them :blink:

• Upvote 1