Ah, yes! Speed Tape!!!!! Aviation grade Ducttape. I used to be a teamlead on the ramp at KPHX for AWA, and had a guy freak out because he saw the cowling of the #2 engine being held on by speedtape. We called the mechanics in to take a look. He looked at it for a couple of minutes, added another layer of tape and signed off on it. Fortunately, the tape was hidden by the wing, so most of the pax couldn't see it. If they had, I think they would have worn out the "Call Attendant" buttons on that plane. Fun times!!!!

Chris

Ground Crew: errr mecanincs? the FO was complaining about a lose and wind making window, can you have a look at it with me?

Mechanic: ok sure take your toolbox with you will you? hmm there is a lose window on the FO side thats for sure what can I do to make it sit there for one more flight then it will be someone else's problem.

Ground Crew: hmm lets see what I have, a screw, a screwdriver, a nail, a hammer, more screws, a drill, some bolts, what do you

want to use?

Mechanic: don't you have some ducttape?

Ground Crew: errrr, yeah, but for what? :blink:

Mechanic: for taping the window in place, what else?

Ground crew: ( thinking balloon: ok I don't want to mess with the big guy he knows what he's doing ) alright you're the boss.

Few minutes later

Mechanic: Ok all is done, it looks like new, pack your toolbox and come with me and lets have a cup of tea.

Few hours later at an unidentified airport

Mechanic at the unidentified airport: Hmm thats odd, don't remember this airline to have silver painting around the windows.

After the plane has taxied to the gate and shut down at the an call from a Ground Crew guy's ate gate one, nine, seven breaches the radios at the airport: errrr, can we have a doctor and som cold water at gate one, nine, seven, it's one of those ducttape situations again, the mechanic's here seem to be weak for this stuff. :mellow:

post-29691-127664326685_thumb.jpg