City Bus Sim Error Problem

Hi Folks,

I am using the City Bus Sim New York 2010. I am up to campaign #6 but I keep getting an error that the sim must close. When I look at the Event Viewer Is mentions Quicktime Mpeg4 in the Error. The first time it happened I got into campaign #6 some ways before this happened. Now it crashes at the beginning and I can't get past that point. I haven't tried to go back to the others, but why all of a sudden is there a problem? I have not changed anything in my system whatsoever. Any suggestions? If anyone is knows the campaigns, I can explain exactly where it crashed the first time and also now. I am somewhat frustrated. I rebooted as well with no joy. My auto updates are turned off, so the system is 100% the same as it was before this issue started. Thanks in advance for any help.. I hope this can be posted here. the forums for bus sim seem to be mostly german, so I did not know where to turn other than here.

Best regards, Jeff

Hi Shaun,

I looked and already have 7.66 ...its definitely the latest version. To make 100% sure, I re downloaded it from apple and did a reinstall which gave me a repair option from the setup screen. After that, I launched Bus Sim and chapter 6 errors out when the first scene comes on in the TV set which is playing a simulated drama show which is part of the campaign . Quicktimempeg4.qtx is what it says in the message. I am stumped now. Like I said before when this first happened, I got past the TV scene. It did not crash until I was in the tow truck pulling out of the bus garage heading to time square. I hope there is a resolution for this weird issue i'm having. Any help is much appreciated. :)

Best regards, Jeff

Just a quick follow up. I got the problem solved. I reinstalled Direct X 9c again which I already had, and all is well. I did install a few different programs after I got this Bus Simulator, so maybe it somehow it corrupted or changed something. I am still having a frustrating time getting past campaign#6 as I just can't seem to locate the proper bus and driver to speak to in times Square. I went through it 5 times already only having to start over every time. I'll get it somehow. I also read somewhere in the forums that the campaigns end at chapter#9 with no further resolution and the end user being left in limbo?? That is a huge bummer. I do hope TML will write more campaigns so the saga can continue. That is the only feature that will keep users interested without getting bored with the sim. Just my two sense, but with all my years in sim entertainment and management, I think tML should really consider this if they want to have a future in the gaming industry. Thanks for trying to help me anyway. I thought this might help someone else that may have the same thing happen to them. Have a great day. :)

Jeff

• 1 year later...

i install quicktime and directx again and nothing happend its stuck again by the tv please help me

Dear Customer,

When does it get stuck, also do you get the same error message as the original poster.