Problem with aircraft.cfg

papouns

Hello,

sorry for my English! And thank's for African Airstrip; a lot of hours in front of my screen...

My problem is, in the files aircraft.cfg of all aircraft used in african airstrip are only used by the texture African airstrip. No more texture of the aircrafts from FSX. Now you this problem?

For exemple with Maule:

[fltsim.0]

title=African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASB

sim=Maule_M7_260C

texture=ASB

kb_checklists=MauleM7260C_check

kb_reference=MauleM7260C_ref

atc_id=5Y-ASM

ui_manufacturer=Maule

ui_type=Orion

ui_variation=African Safari Charter

ui_typerole=Single Engine Prop

ui_createdby=Microsoft Corporation

description=Maules are rugged and simple. These traits, along with their short-takeoff-or-landing capability, make them popular among bush pilots.

panel=""

Why the other texture are not here? And how can I retreive them? Must I reinstall FSX?

Thank for your answer.

And more, sorry for my English.

Have a good day

Are you sure the others are lost? Sometimes the different liveries are not at the top of the file but at the bottom (or vice versa).

If they're lost and everything else is there (files, folders,...) I could send you the correct files.

Hello,

thanks for your rapid answer.

The aircraft.cfg of C2108B, Maule, dash8 and robinson are not complete. I don't now why et since when. It the origin fsx textures have been effaced.

I try to restore fsx but no result. If you have these complete files, I am very interrested.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Let's test if it works with the aircraft.cfg fixes only.

Copy this into the C208 aircraft.cfg file:

[fltsim.0]

title=Cessna Grand Caravan Paint1

sim=Cessna208B

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=1

kb_checklists=Cessna208B_Check

kb_reference=Cessna208B_ref

atc_id_color=0xff000000

atc_id=N208LN

atc_airline=Landmark

atc_flight_number=1123

atc_parking_types=RAMP

ui_manufacturer="Cessna"

ui_type="C208B Grand Caravan"

ui_variation="White, Red, & Black"

ui_typerole="Single Engine TurboProp"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

description="Wherever you want to go today, the Cessna Caravan can get you there. First introduced by Cessna in 1985, the Caravan was designed to land nearly anywhere, on land or water. Undoubtedly, it has lived up to its creators' intentions. Whether supplies need to be brought to a flooded village in the mountains of Peru, an injured person needs to be flown out from a remote lake in Alaska, or an archaeologist wants access to a tiny site in the African desert, the Caravan has what's needed to do the job."

[fltsim.1]

title=Cessna Grand Caravan Paint2

sim=Cessna208B

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=2

atc_id_color=0xff000000

atc_id=N208EH

atc_airline=Kenmore Air

atc_flight_number=1123

atc_parking_types=RAMP

ui_manufacturer="Cessna"

ui_variation="Kenmore Air"

description="Wherever you want to go today, the Cessna Caravan can get you there. First introduced by Cessna in 1985, the Caravan was designed to land nearly anywhere, on land or water. Undoubtedly, it has lived up to its creators' intentions. Whether supplies need to be brought to a flooded village in the mountains of Peru, an injured person needs to be flown out from a remote lake in Alaska, or an archaeologist wants access to a tiny site in the African desert, the Caravan has what's needed to do the job."

[fltsim.2]

title=Cessna Grand Caravan Paint3

sim=Cessna208B

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=3

atc_id_color=0xff000000

atc_id=N208EH

atc_airline=Global Freightways

atc_flight_number=1123

atc_parking_types=RAMP

ui_manufacturer="Cessna"

ui_variation="Global Freightways"

[fltsim.3]

title=Cessna Grand Caravan

sim=Cessna208B

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

atc_id=N208BC

atc_id_color=0xff000000

atc_parking_types=RAMP

ui_manufacturer="Cessna"

ui_variation=" White"

If that should work for the C208 I can post the other CFG parts as well. Strictly speaking we're not allowed to share Microsoft copyrighted material, so it's always better to use the FSX repair option or reinstall FSX.

Oh, almost forgot: The installer should've created a backup of the original CFG files called aircraft.BAK. You can edit those files and find the missing content there.

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I tried to paste the lines that you missed but nothing. All the other lines under are not here ( [CameraDefinition.0] and other) . I think that I must réinstall my FSX

Thanks for constant rapid replies.