Slowdown

Variometer

When I see your video I understand that FSX is an empty canvas that needs artists like you and Orbx to show what it was meant for.

First I wondered which computer made this possible, but later I read that you have used partly 1:10 slowdown to create it in its full beauty.

In view what we might get after computing power has catched up it's a pity that MS stopped the product range. Now I'm afraid the add-on devs will fade out before that will happen.

best regards,

Peter

Thanks a lot for your nice comments, and special thanks to Peter for your great support by improving the possibilities of sailplane pilots in FSX with your fantastic addons.

From my point of view it's not a pity that MS stopped the product range. I think it gives a kind of planning reliability to the developers of addons, because now they don't have to fear to be overtaken by the next version of filghtsimulator during their developing process.

Kind regards, Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I've only just seen this - how could I have missed it on the day it came out? An incredible piece of work. There's quite a lot of talent stacked up in that video - Andreas for the video itself, ORBX for the scenery, Peter for his winch, and Joachim for the Discus. We're lucky to have you guys around.

B21

Thanks for watching, B21. I fully agree with you concerning those mentioned talents, they all are outstanding, but let's not forget Microsoft/Aces, who built a flight simulator, which offers so many great ways of expanding and improving the whole environment. I'm a software developer myself since about 30 years, so I think I'm able to judge the amount of knowledge inside this program. I don't know any other comparable program with this facilities. Every future flight simulator must be measured against this piece of software.

Best regards, Andreas

• 10 months later...

I am totally new to soaring, and it's all YOUR fault.

I bought Stark's and Daringtom last week, and this week I bought the Discus X. Really like this Glider, Aerosoft did a great job on it. But YOU did a fantastic job of portraying both the scenery AND the Discus X. Very nice video indeed, I hope Aerosoft have, or will use it to promote their aircraft.

Now all I have to do is learn how to find these thermals without resorting to cheating and using Schematic.