Water Effects

I LOVE AES--Please do not misunderstand-however--I really dislike the AES runway water effect. I use REX2 and had a wonderful water effect that I preferred. Is there any way to disable the AES runway water effects so that I can get my REX water effects back? I would of course like to keep the rest of the AES functional. I did try to install new REX2 textures into the sim but this did not work.

Thanks

• Developer

Sorry, at the moment is no config parameter available for that, but I will put it on my list.

As a workaround, make a backup of the file AES-RW-01-00.BMP in the ..\aerosoft\AES\Texture directory and replaced it with file in the attached zip.

It's a complete transparent texture, so the rain effect should not be show with this BMP. (Not tested, use on your own risk :rolleyes: )

Workaround Dummy Runwaytexture to disable Raineffect.zip

I dont want to open new topic...so i will post here...

For example...if i want to uninstall AES from my FSX but i would like to keep those water effects when FSX runing.... is this possible?

Because FSX doesnt have those nice teksture. Is it possible to implement those into FSX ... after uninstalling AES?

I found two RW tekstures in AES folder 001,002

I dont want to open new topic...so i will post here...

For example...if i want to uninstall AES from my FSX but i would like to keep those water effects when FSX runing.... is this possible?

Because FSX doesnt have those nice teksture. Is it possible to implement those into FSX ... after uninstalling AES?

I found two RW tekstures in AES folder 001,002

They won't work without AES installed and activated because it's an AES feature where you have to pay for.

Chris