Seahawk sound

mhlarsen

Does anyone know if an alternative soundset for the Seahawk exists? The existing seems a bit 'minimal' to me.

Anyone tried to use the default EH-101 sounds (without 3rd engine of course)?

Thanks

Michael

I think like you.

There could be a bit more power in the sound of this chopper.

I modified the sound.cfg with some elements from other helicopters.

I have not finished yet but I think mine is better than the one, which comes in the box.

sorry Aerosoft :)

Does anyone know if an alternative soundset for the Seahawk exists? The existing seems a bit 'minimal' to me.

Anyone tried to use the default EH-101 sounds (without 3rd engine of course)?

Thanks

Michael

I think their is an issue with the sound set. If you listen to the wav files independently within the sounds folder there are lots of different effects. However, you do not hear most of them when flying. My FS9 version sounded amazing as I know alot of work went into the sound effects. There is something wrong with my FSX version though and I am not the only one.

Sound sliders are there for your adjustment.

Ok, the word 'minimal' is not precise, 'inadequate' is better.

Especially the external rotor sounds are not so good. I have tried replacing these with the default Acceleration EH-101 sounds and the result is quite good.

Also, why is the sound of the turbines starting up missing?

• 2 weeks later...

I think their is an issue with the sound set. ( ... ) There is something wrong with my FSX version though and I am not the only one.

Exactly! Let me put it this way: There seems to be something wrong with the FSX version.

Never really took much notice beforehand but, the sound set's are a bit basic and probably unrealistic and it could do with being updated. It all really boils down to how picky one wants to be.

• Upvote 1

It all really boils down to how picky one wants to be.

You' re right, James. And I don' t want to be picky at all. But as slipstream mentioned it in his post above, the sound folder contains a variety of files, which could lead to a more attractive sound environment. Unfortunately some of these files seem to sleep in the folder instead of getting addressed when flying the Seahawk in FSX.

Unfortunatlly I do not have the fs9 version so technically and legally I cant comment! What I do see though is that if there was a new sound set then I would use it but, as stated before, it all depends on how picky one wants to get!!

Unfortunatlly I do not have the fs9 version so technically and legally I cant comment! What I do see though is that if there was a new sound set then I would use it but, as stated before, it all depends on how picky one wants to get!!

Quite true James, but sometimes its the smallest things that change your impression from good to bad. I love the Jayhawk and fly it almost everyday. Therefore I ofcourse listen a lot to the various sounds and after a while you get annoyed if they a not quite as good as they could be.

The external rotor sounds are really bad, but can be fixed by bringing in sounds from similar choppers, like the EH-101.

All other sounds are ok, even though quite a few are only Mono.

But what I really miss among the sounds for the Seahawk/Jayhawk, is the sound of the turbines starting up. They seem to be lost somehow.

And ofcourse VC rain is missing too :P

I would really appreciate an update for the seahawk...

but I know that this is hard work and I'm not sure if Aerosoft would put again so much into such a product !?

Almost forgot this one:

One of the 'inside cockpit' sounds, which should be looping, does have a significant hickup during this loop.