removal of static aircraft

jd_jay

evening all, any light please?

i really like mega airport heathrow for fsx, and in general my FSX is looking really good now, have installed ultimate traffic 2.

However now the static aircraft that come with mega airport look horrible, something out of the first flight sim compared to my AI packages.

Firsty, is there a way i can remove these static aircraft from the scenery.

Secondly how can i get the air bridges to work with my AI traffic.

ultimate traffic AI works with the default ones.

Firsty, is there a way i can remove these static aircraft from the scenery.

Yes. Go to "FSX"/aerosoft/Mega Airport London Heathrow/scenery

Then rename the file "AFX_EGLL_static_Aircrafts.bgl" to "AFX_EGLL_static_Aircrafts.off"

Secondly how can i get the air bridges to work with my AI traffic.

There is no chance to get this worked because the bridges are static.

Maybe it will be possible with AES 5.0 in 2015 rolleyes.gif

Chris

Yes. Go to "FSX"/aerosoft/Mega Airport London Heathrow/scenery

Then rename the file "AFX_EGLL_static_Aircrafts.bgl" to "AFX_EGLL_static_Aircrafts.off"

There is no chance to get this worked because the bridges are static.

Maybe it will be possible with AES 5.0 in 2015 rolleyes.gif

Chris

thank you Chris, renaming the file worked a treat.

re the air bridges, i have the current AES and the air bridges are working a treat with the AI traffic, i just wasnt paying enough attention

it hasnt worked, i thought i had renamed it, how do i rename the file extension please which your telling me to do, also editing this file in AFX doesnt seem to have any effect with regards to parking allocation, is there another afcad file you know of, if there is AFX is not picking it up when i search.

First: Which Windows Version are you using?

For Win7 and Win Vista:

To rename the files open your Control Panel and go to your folder options. There go to view.

Search for "Hide extensions for known file types" and disable it.

To your second question:

I'm not sure if I understood your problem correctly, because AES isn't supporting AI traffic and you wrote that it worked.

Regards

Chris

sorry my second question is totally different.

Ive been tryingto make some changes to the AFCAD file with Airport facilitator X, and they dont seem to be working even though ive saved them.

ok, i managed to change the file extension to .off

This had several effects:

1. it did not remove the crudy static aircraft that comes with mega airport heathrow.

2. it is no longer able to be located in AFX as its not a scnery extension so i can not edit the AFCAD.

3. It makes FSX load up mega airport heathrow, and the default FSX scenery in one go so, as you can imagine, it looks a mess, with air bridges popping out of everywhere.

I appreciate your help.

I'm so terribly sorry, but I told you the wrong file!!!! This was the AFCAD (or Afd) for MA Heathrow with static airplanes....

Uninstall your MA Heathrow and have a fresh install without static airplanes!

This will tidy up everything and you can start editing the AFCAD (AFX_EGLL.bgl)

Hoping it helps,

Chris