Preview FSX / P3Dv2/ FSX:SE Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview

4548 posts in this topic

# 101   Posted

Nice !

# 102   Posted

Updates of the gear. If you know of ANY better modeling (with the FPS we now see) let me know and I will fire Stefan and hire the guy you propose...

Perhaps the most amazing thing, we are 100% on schedule right now.

CRJ700_CGEAR_001.jpg

CRJ700_CGEAR_002.jpg

CRJ700_CGEAR_003.jpg

CRJ700_CGEAR_004.jpg

CRJ700_CGEAR_005.jpg

# 103   Posted

Although it looks fantastic, I'm not buying anything Digital Aviation before they release their long overdue VC for the Fokker 70/100.

Enough has been said about this on their own forum.

Yes I agree on that. But I did not run that project and I run this one. Please do read the right way. I have always been as open and honest as commerce allows and I stand 100% behind the releases I was responsible for. DA knows my opinion on that issue and truth be told I think they feel roughly the same as I do. That whole issue was highly unfortunate and in fact the reason why CRJ is handled the way it is now. I know the inside story.

It's a bit like not using Windows 7 because Windows Vista was not good enough, see what I mean? Let me put it another way. You'll get the CRJ for free from me (aka Aerosoft) on one condition, you let people know how you like it on our forums. We got a deal?

# 104   Posted

Yes I agree on that. But I did not run that project and I run this one. Please do read the right way. I have always been as open and honest as commerce allows and I stand 100% behind the releases I was responsible for. DA knows my opinion on that issue and truth be told I think they feel roughly the same as I do. That whole issue was highly unfortunate and in fact the reason why CRJ is handled the way it is now. I know the inside story.

It's a bit like not using Windows 7 because Windows Vista was not good enough, see what I mean? Let me put it another way. You'll get the CRJ for free from me (aka Aerosoft) on one condition, you let people know how you like it on our forums. We got a deal?

Can that offer extend to me as well??

I would just be nice if DA could just send you the source files. Perhaps there could be a pay update and you guys could add other enhancements to it as well i.e. full cabin interior etc. I think other existing Fokker owners may not mind a small fee for that.

# 105   Posted

Mathijs,

that's a deal I can live with. I'm sorry if I offended you, I know the whole mess around the F70/100 VC wasn't and isn't in any way your doing, or for that matter, probably not the doing of the guys of the now closed DA, which I feel truly sorry for. It's just that a broken promiss, especially when done through my wallet, doesn't sit well with me.

I'm a father of 2 young kids and between flying IRL, de-icing work on Schiphol in wintertime and my family, I can't pull 8 hour flights in FSX like I did once. Nowadays 1 hour a day is the rule. Short distance a/c are now my bread and butter, VFR mostly also. That's why I'm such a fan of Aerosoft a/c (BushhawkX, Twin Otter) and regional settings like Dutch Harbor, Maldives and the stuff from producer IslandSim. The Fokker used to be my fav shorthaul jet, but since I turned completely VC and DA let us all down on that (whatever the reason) ... disappointment...

I'll take you up on your deal though! I'll be happy to do a full review (not a professional, but I'll try my best) when the CRJ comes out, on these forums and other places around the web.

Tobus

# 106   Posted

Wow!! In what airport did you took this photos, i'm convinced that that is the reality!!

:o

# 107   Posted

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a rough idea as to how much the CRJ will cost once the product is completed?

Chris

# 108   Posted

I am always wondering: when you show pictures like this (the modelled aircraft), and then later show previews in FSX the aircrafts nose, gear etc. look more chiseled...why is it so? I hope you understood what I tried to explain, it is difficult to describe what I mean.

# 109   Posted

Ya Mathies, DA Cheyenne had a piece of shit Trimble 2000, which they NEVER fixed properly. THE ONLY reason I'm going to by this CRJ is because your involved with it and it will get done PROPERLY! Nice Modelling too byu the way its gonna be a great plane.

JT COLLINS

# 110   Posted

Although it looks fantastic, I'm not buying anything Digital Aviation before they release their long overdue VC for the Fokker 70/100.

Enough has been said about this on their own forum.

Thanks, I never knew DA had a bad reputation for unfinished products. I'll be very wary of purchasing this product and definitely not purchase on day of release, but instead wait and see what the community says about it.

# 111   Posted

Wow, nice Modelling.

I think the CRJ will be a fine last DA Projekt.  :)

# 112   Posted

Thanks, I never knew DA had a bad reputation for unfinished products. I'll be very wary of purchasing this product and definitely not purchase on day of release, but instead wait and see what the community says about it.

Matthew,

please don't. DA has made wonderfull a/c (DA-20 Katana is great, and Fokker70/100 is too), but they were just 3 guys with a love for FS and a/c modelling. They "promised" a VC on the Fokker, even on the dvd-box in which it is sold, albeit without a releasedate. They have made their products good and finished, but haven't come up on made promisses, nor was their communication about it very good.

But DA is now essentially defunct. See their website for details. Their current projects are now in the hands of Aerosoft (CRJ) and Flight1 (VC for the Fokker). With this in mind, the CRJ will be great, as we can expect from Aerosoft. If you don't have a personal "grudge" against a former DA project like myself, buy it!

Tobus

# 113   Posted

But DA is now essentially defunct. See their website for details. Their current projects are now in the hands of Aerosoft (CRJ) and Flight1 (VC for the Fokker). With this in mind, the CRJ will be great, as we can expect from Aerosoft.

I understand now... Aerosoft has taken over the development completely, Ok.

Based on Aerosoft's reputation for excellent products I'm sure it will deliver on whatever is promised!

# 114   Posted

I understand now... Aerosoft has taken over the development completely, Ok.

Based on Aerosoft's reputation for excellent products I'm sure it will deliver on whatever is promised!

They will... :)

# 115   Posted

This looks indeed very nice modeling.... But I'm on the same way as the Tobus. I was very dissapointted to the DA because of their empty promises in the VC. I paid full price and expected to see it soon. But no, I'm still waiting...

So maybe I'll first wait for that and then see about this......

Kepti

# 116   Posted

I paid full price and expected to see it soon. But no, I'm still waiting...

No, you didn't. The Fokker was released with a reduced price since the VC was missing. It was promised to deliver the VC for "early customers" for free as soom as it would be released. So no financial disadvantage for neither you nor me.

Regarding the "DA is now essentially defunct": As far as I know DA are still working on the systems, so it's a combined Aerosoft / DA project.

Jörn

# 117   Posted

Mathijs, would you mind restating the development structure, as to who is in charge of what? I ask this because on the DA site, they state they are continuing the development of the CRJ systems, but are also very busy in their career changes, etc...I question if they're too busy to focus on development, or really have the passion for it since they won't be involved in support. Or, maybe the status has changed, where you've taken over the project on a larger scale?

Curt

# 118   Posted

Can that offer extend to me as well??

I would just be nice if DA could just send you the source files. Perhaps there could be a pay update and you guys could add other enhancements to it as well i.e. full cabin interior etc. I think other existing Fokker owners may not mind a small fee for that.

Well, I am sure DA is willing to sell the source files, but not for a small fee, lol. Doing an external model of this quality costs a few tens of thousand of euro's.

Aerosoft is not interesting (and not involved) in that project, so let's stop discussing it here okay? If you got a beef with DA discuss it with them.

# 119   Posted

Mathijs,

that's a deal I can live with. I'm sorry if I offended you, I know the whole mess around the F70/100 VC wasn't and isn't in any way your doing, or for that matter, probably not the doing of the guys of the now closed DA, which I feel truly sorry for. It's just that a broken promiss, especially when done through my wallet, doesn't sit well with me.

I'm a father of 2 young kids and between flying IRL, de-icing work on Schiphol in wintertime and my family, I can't pull 8 hour flights in FSX like I did once. Nowadays 1 hour a day is the rule. Short distance a/c are now my bread and butter, VFR mostly also. That's why I'm such a fan of Aerosoft a/c (BushhawkX, Twin Otter) and regional settings like Dutch Harbor, Maldives and the stuff from producer IslandSim. The Fokker used to be my fav shorthaul jet, but since I turned completely VC and DA let us all down on that (whatever the reason) ... disappointment...

I'll take you up on your deal though! I'll be happy to do a full review (not a professional, but I'll try my best) when the CRJ comes out, on these forums and other places around the web.

Tobus

You got a deal. Write to us at support@aerosoft.com when it's released.

# 120   Posted

I am always wondering: when you show pictures like this (the modelled aircraft), and then later show previews in FSX the aircrafts nose, gear etc. look more chiseled...why is it so? I hope you understood what I tried to explain, it is difficult to describe what I mean.

I do understand. It has to do with the graphics engine. It's just different. We see it every day when we export models to professional sims.

# 121   Posted

Is Aerosoft doing repaints for this the same way as the airbus project? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

# 122   Posted

How about a Global Express after this is finished smile.gif

The Global Express is actually quite a bit different from the CRJs. I would think that they would have to do a whole new project for that since the systems and the aircraft itself are different. Although it would be great if they did!

# 123   Posted

Hello,

Can you tell us if we'll be able to see through the cabin windows from the outside like on the Airbus ? I find it brings a lot of reality to the outside visual model...

Greg

# 124   Posted

Hello,

I saw a freeware "First person simulation" from FTX (ORBX) called "BOB", made for walking around airpports and other scenery,

another one is Ezdok camera to move around in a VC or cabin or outside the aircraft.

Is it possible to "walk" from the airport platform into the CRJ aircraft and into the VC or cabin

when main door/stairs is opened?

Maarten

# 125   Posted

For everyone who has been asking about the VC for the Fokker, I found this on the new Fokker Support forum:

Hi!

Well since the closure of the Digital Aviation Design Group, we continue new support for the Flight 1 Fokker 70/100 here.

First of all I ask you for some patience until we have set up all needed sticky posts including FAQ, beta download and update posts. Should be done within the next few days.

My main target is to try ways to give best support and bug fixing in respect to my very reduced and highly volatile amount of time.

I will give you also a detailed overview about the future of the Fokker soon, in a rough approach I plan:

• To continue the beta update concept, small minor bugfixes as beta uploads to fix problems for some customers that found some issues. They assure fast and immediate problem solving without the workload of releasing a Service Pack. In regular time intervals the beta updates are then included into self installing service packs for all customers.

But overall I try to increase the quality of the beta releases and the support for it.

• To have much more strict moderation of the forum. I will try to stop all off topic and emotional discussions. It will be plain technical and operations product support and discussions.

• To release a VCP for the FSX Version of the Fokker. VCP is now getting a complex story. Now after long long long time the graphical part of the VCP is finished, but now running into troubles with model compatibility. Well the main problem is I have to rely on the responsible designer to sort that out and fix that. I can, similar to you, just sit here and wait. But overall we are getting closer, slowly. If a conversion for FS9 still is realistic can not be answered by now. There is just one thing on the VCP, nobody who already owns a Fokker product has paid for a VCP. The Fokker Box and the download clearly say that there is no VCP included. If it is ever finsihed you get it for free.

*EDIT*

I just want to confrim, we have not cancled the VCP for FS9 at all, i just said we (especially our designer) can not tell how long in takes. Well the same
    as
    everyday....

Additioanlly we plan to give you a FSX VCP preview version. The VCP is fully working now, our designers problem is that FSX has some troubles with our aircraft model together with VCP. He is sorting out. But you will get a version without model to get a preview of VCP in FSX and you can use the aircraft in full functionality with VCP and 2D Panel.

[*] I have developed a new weather radar for FSX, finding out now storm cells a correct positions and now enables you correct real world operation and flight manoeuvre in respect to thunderstorm avoiding. I plan to update the Fokker WXR with the new algorithm.

For the time being, all news I have for you.

So expect full support in the next days here.

regards

Florian Praxmarer