ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview

8057 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

No, the groundspeed is so slow that it takes ages to land. ;)

Take your time, we'll wait, but please don't stall. Cheers! :rolleyes:

Been following the CRJ development for quite sometime. I have to say that I admire the committment to this project given the ups and downs it has had.I've been part of the FS community for many years now in various capacities as a beta tester, reviewer and an overall enthusiast. The one thing I've come to appreciate is that developing an add-on is HARD work. As much as potential customers may want the CRJ to be released as soon as tomorrow, everyone has to realise that patience always yields the best results.

27 minutes ago, kerel said: All well meant but not the anwere I asked for.

Regards, lost customer and payer

Karel

That's okay, I am sure there will be a CRJ from a company you like better than Aerosoft at some point. 

And that company is Bombardier. Their version just costs a lot more.

why do people get all crazy? Everyone ask's the same question and the answer is in the search bar? they are more impatient than my fiance... 

im happy with flying just GA until everything gets pushed out for V4. but cant wait for the crj :)    that is if my fiance doesnt spend all my money on real plane things.. which isnt that bad i guess 

8 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

"what wind do you need"

LOL

Thats a new one

vor 17 Stunden , kerel sagte:

Regards, lost customer and payer

Karel

Ok... so... when it's finally released, you will refuse to purchase that great Addon? Suit yourself, but it seems rather self defeating....

clearly ... Such a man as Karel really wait for "purchase"  .. ship with black flags ... 

my apologies for sincerity

I am curious will the CRJ support FSUIPC Offsets for all the controls?  Is the FMS fully functional? Wilco's CRJ does not support it and as a result you are left creating macros when mapping it to real hardware.  I was hoping that you guys would do an xplane version.  Do you see that in the near future?  No offense to all the FSX guys but when working with recent hardware like arduino etc., it is so much easier dealing with xplane and datarefs.

4 minutes ago, myflightdeck said:

I am curious will the CRJ support FSUIPC Offsets for all the controls?  Is the FMS fully functional? Wilco's CRJ does not support it and as a result you are left creating macros when mapping it to real hardware.  I was hoping that you guys would do an xplane version.  Do you see that in the near future?  No offense to all the FSX guys but when working with recent hardware like arduino etc., it is so much easier dealing with xplane and datarefs.

Uhm... well... that's uhm...

... one hell-of-a-first-post you got there! I don't even know how to respond... 

The question regarding FSUIPC, FMS functionality and macros has already been asked and answered. Please try using the search function on the top.

X-Plane version?! I fairly certain, that they aren't considering this - at least not in the near future! So far, this project has been underway a long time, and I have a feeling most of the development team (and Mathijs not the least) want this done and out the door... Besides it's quite a task of porting a highly complex aircraft from FSX/P3D to X-Plane. It's just not something you do over the course of a weekend.

45 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Uhm... well... that's uhm...

... one hell-of-a-first-post you got there! I don't even know how to respond... 

The question regarding FSUIPC, FMS functionality and macros has already been asked and answered. Please try using the search function on the top.

X-Plane version?! I fairly certain, that they aren't considering this - at least not in the near future! So far, this project has been underway a long time, and I have a feeling most of the development team (and Mathijs not the least) want this done and out the door... Besides it's quite a task of porting a highly complex aircraft from FSX/P3D to X-Plane. It's just not something you do over the course of a weekend.

thanks for the reply.  Funny you say to search for the answer.  I did that and you do not have a direct answer to the above questions that I could find in the forums.  They reference FSUIPC and some talk about using mouse macros but I could not locate a definite answer. Can you just provide a simple YES/NO to the question to put this to bed?

As for the FMS, can you please provide a link to the topic in the forum that discusses the functionality of the FMS? I was not able to find this either.

Thanks you for clarifying the X-plane.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions.  It is possible that the form is lacking proper keyword tagging on posts to properly allow the enduser to navigate to the topics.  I tried the following searches: FMS, FSUIPC, X-Plane.

Anders is not Aerosoft staff and can't reply, lol.

• No X-Plane version planned for now.
  • The FMS is fully functional for standard operating procedures, but we did not program all the non standard stuff that pilots normally do not see.
  • This is a medium price project and we do not plan to do a complete  SDK (and certainly not something based on FSUIPC as there are much better ways by now). For professional projects we can of course deliver that.

I think I also replied the same by email just now, so let's continue there if you need more information for your professional project. 

problem is... a moden airplanes (sim and real) is a highly complex system, so adding/fixing one feature can start an issue in another one. Systems functioning perfect can be corrupted be "fixing" another system. It's like juggeling more and more balls.... every new one has to "fit" into the row.

And there we have it! Once Hans has his balls properly aligned, we shall see the release of the aircraft!

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Anders is not Aerosoft staff and can't reply, lol.

My apologies, Mathijs... I should have made it clear, that I was speculating... 

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

My apologies, Mathijs... I should have made it clear, that I was speculating... 

No offense taken!

how will the frames be compared to the AS buses ?

Depends a lot on the simulator and simulator.  In principle the CRJ is less depending on the CPU then the Airbus is as there are less FPS based calculation but for example in P3d V4 you will need a serious GPU to handle the dynamic lights. But that goes for every aircraft.

Under same conditions I would think the load is very similar. 

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Depends a lot on the simulator and simulator.  In principle the CRJ is less depending on the CPU then the Airbus is as there are less FPS based calculation but for example in P3d V4 you will need a serious GPU to handle the dynamic lights. But that goes for every aircraft.

Under same conditions I would think the load is very similar. 

I realize this isn't a tech advice forum but is 6 GB GTX 1060 a serious gpu?

5 minutes ago, Speedbird ATC said:

I realize this isn't a tech advice forum but [...]

Then please ask that question for example here.

People, talk about other add ons is off limits here in the CRJ preview. It is the AS CRJ preview after all. 

Thanks

So, this is where we are, 319 forum pages later.

Holgi's liveries look fantastic

Details as they emerge of functionality get more enticing

Mathjis in his best continental way is almost friendly

The Deputy has been almost tolerant

The market for the add-on is clearly large....after all we do want to fly thin routes and short flights from time to time.

But can a more definitive time-frame be given?

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nope. I am not willing to do that, remember what happened last time?

... 9 days remains .... until today :D :(

Vor 1 Stunde, Endyamon sagte:

... 9 days remains .... until today :D :(

Maybe on Mercury where one day equals 58 Earth days ;)  Which would equal 522 days or 1.4 years in total. Anyway, back to topic. :D