ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview

8521 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

- The FMC works (almost) to the extent of the real thing, so no derates, only advisory VNAV, no flap selection and no v-speeds. The rest is included though. And the lines are not magenta ;-)

So are these four features actual functions of the real aircraft that aren't being modeled? If so, will they be provided in an update? I understand normally the pilots do their own V speed calculations and you have provided Dave to do that so that might be irrelevant to my question. Also, with the derates...are we able to come up with our own derate values and enter them or are they not able to be entered at all? 

They said you have have a lot of time in the next 20 days?....so looks like another month Jeroen.

49 minutes ago, adamant365 said:

So are these four features actual functions of the real aircraft that aren't being modeled? If so, will they be provided in an update? I understand normally the pilots do their own V speed calculations and you have provided Dave to do that so that might be irrelevant to my question. Also, with the derates...are we able to come up with our own derate values and enter them or are they not able to be entered at all? 

He's saying the real airplane doesn't have VNAV (like the NG), no De-rates (I think you can use assumed temps though), it won't calculate V Speeds and so why would it want to know anything about the flaps.

11 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Throttle hotkeys:

* F1 sets the throttles to idle

* F2 sets them to the next lower detent (MAX -> TOGA; TOGA -> CLB) or decreass throttle in the manual range

* F3 sets them to the next higher detent (CLB -> TOGA; TOGA -> MAX) or increases throttle in the manual range

* F4 sets them to the next higher detent (IDLE/manual range -> CLB; CLB -> TOGA; TOGA -> MAX)

Thx Hans

no i wasn't asking about the throttle detent positions, i was talking about the fuel control levers, (the switches directly below the throttles)

I want to be able to set the levers to my throttle quadrant buttons, something i can do with some of my other addons that have mapped those switches to custom hotkeys. 

as for the rest of the info, yes that helps.

1 hour ago, Propane said:

Speaking only about the real thing;

- Derates are done by assumed temperature. There are no modes like CLB-1 or something that you might see on Boeings, or certain software derates like limiting the thrust to a certain value. You set an assumed outside temperature in the PERF page and the FADEC will limit thrust accordingly. Maximum assumed temperatures are generally taken from performance charts for specific runways.

- Advisory VNAV is simply the term used because it is not coupled to the autoflight system. It will show you descent rates required to follow constraints or limits set in the FMS, but there is no VNAV mode for the autopilot like in a 737 or managed mode in the Bus.

- In the real thing you also don't select any flap configuration for takeoff or landing in the FMS, an V-speeds are not inserted or selected in there either.

So basically all the items that the previous poster asked about in his question are not managed by the FMC on the real thing, and therefore I assume Hans means they are also not managed by the FMC in the addon.

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

He's saying the real airplane doesn't have VNAV (like the NG), no De-rates (I think you can use assumed temps though), it won't calculate V Speeds and so why would it want to know anything about the flaps.

Thanks for the excellent replies...I kinda knew about VNAV being "advisory only" in the real aircraft but wasn't certain.

As for assumed temps, will we be able to enter those in the sim FMC or is it not modeled at all? 

You guys still need FSX: STEAMers? Because Mathijs original post is crossed out...

16 hours ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

You guys still need FSX: STEAMers? Because Mathijs original post is crossed out...

Sent him a mail if you have steam. 

16 hours ago, adamant365 said:

As for assumed temps, will we be able to enter those in the sim FMC or is it not modeled at all? 

What makes you think it would be the only thing that is not modeled? Yes, it is modeled. 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, scott.stefanatz said:

no i wasn't asking about the throttle detent positions, i was talking about the fuel control levers, (the switches directly below the throttles)

Those are not fuel control levers but idle/shutoff release latches. They're just part of a locking mechanism that ensures that the throttle levers aren't unintentionally moved into the shutoff position. So you have to lift the latch before you can move the throttle from idle to shutoff or vice versa.

They're currently not tied to any keyboard shortcut.

vor 10 Stunden , The Dude sagte:

Sent him a mail if you have steam. 

Mail is sent, thanks!

On 20/04/2017 at 10:07 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Still looking for 3 testers on the FSX:steam platform. The other applicants who are selected will receive the invitation in the next 24 hours.

Just to confirm, if we applied for the FSX:SE testing, would the successful applicants receive an email in that 24 hour block or after? I'd assume after since it says 'The other applicants' but just want to be sure. 

29 minutes ago, GeorgeG111 said:

Just to confirm, if we applied for the FSX:SE testing, would the successful applicants receive an email in that 24 hour block or after? I'd assume after since it says 'The other applicants' but just want to be sure. 

All testers have now been invited. if you did not get a mail, sorry! Better luck next time.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

All testers have now been invited. if you did not get a mail, sorry! Better luck next time.

Thanks for the reply, good luck with the following testing phases

vor 32 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I'm keeping mine for the A330 :lol: ...

17 minutes ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

I'm keeping mine for the A330 :lol: ...

What i'm thinking lol

Great to see Holgi painting (repainting) again.

Darryl

23 hours ago, Holgi said:

Today I greet you from Zurich and look what I've seen.

Such a terrific model and repaint! Are those shots from FSX?

Is the preorder sale only on the euro store. im not seeing the 10% on the USD store

9 hours ago, scott.stefanatz said:

Is the preorder sale only on the euro store. im not seeing the 10% on the USD store

The US store is run by a daughter company, not the same shop in these aspects. But just use the EU one!

vor 19 Stunden , CRJ900 sagte:

Such a terrific model and repaint! Are those shots from FSX?

Yes they are!

2 hours ago, Holgi said:

Yes they are!

Did you by any chance paint a SAS livery yet?