ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview

8469 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So you believe I fudged my statistics? 

Apparently he does. :huh:

What I don't really understand is, that motive you/Aerosoft would have to do this... 

I don't think he believes MK "fudged" something - it's just that these forum polls are a bit biased - they show the thoughts and standpoints of the forum users which are the "active" users - I'm shure the are lot's of "silent" FSX/FSX-SE users that are not really present on the forums but also buy some addon one time or another.

But somewhere numbers are to be taken from - I'm shure MK and AS know how to read them.

On 4/8/2017 at 0:16 PM, jmorvay1971 said:

I beg to differ, and whatever is being shown to us could just be someone "wagging the dog".  Stats and metrics can always be fudged, just to drive the market.

Yes, statistics can be fudged and manipulated, but empirical data will always be better than conjecture and opinion.  It just needs to be carefully interpreted before flat out accepting it as truth.  In this case, I believe that P3D is now the dominant simulator, but would not be surprised to see XP11 pick up some serious following as more and more high level add-ons become available.

20 hours ago, Jetwings32 said:

I'm still very much looking forward too the CRJ, just letting out alittle frustration the other day learning that it was post poned again

Look. I realize I should quit replying to posts like this, at least for a little while, but no. The plane has obviously been delayed but the recent changing of a release date had nothing to do with any delay of any release. As Aerosoft keep saying: The release dates are PLACEHOLDERS! They mean nothing!

On 4/8/2017 at 10:08 AM, jmorvay1971 said:

I can tell you why the vast majority are still with FSX: investment.  So many people have invested so much money into add-ons because for the longest time, FSX was the goto simulator.  Later, with P3D, people were under the impression that this new sim would give them more system leverage, but since it was still old code in a new wrapper, people got sucked into that one as well.  So buyer's remorse sets in, and they stick with it, thinking that'll justify all that time and money, and still holding out hope that something will come along that will change that ailing simulator. There are emerging sims out there now, performing much better on their own, than with a hobbled sim like FSX, where you need a bunch of add-ons installed to prevent OOMs, but even that cannot overcome the VAS issues.  Content becomes more and more detailed, people buy it, they get angry when their sim fails, they buy more powerful hardware to keep up...it's an endless circle while the developers keep raking in the money.

I had high hopes of seeing a release of the CRJ sooner rather than later, since it was a favorite of mine in default FSX, but I too cannot hold my breath on its release.  When it comes, it comes, but I feel sorry for those who pre-ordered, falling for bad marketing tactics.

I never regretted for a second moving to P3D. The performance increase is very noticeable, I have never had an oom, and the graphical increase is so dramatic I don't think I will be able to bring myself to ever fly in FSX again, even though lots of my old favorite aircraft are still there. If by other platforms you mean X-Plane, that still has loads of issues. There is no decent solution for weather, other then Ortho4xp which takes Gbs upon GBs of space there is no FTX Global like solution for global scenery textures, you still suffer from similar frame issues to P3D (Worse if you lack a good GPU like me) and sadly, there is not a single airliner simulation that is reached the level MSFS simulations by the likes of FSLabs, PMDG, and Aerosoft have reached. Don't get me wrong, X-Plane has potential, and I personally think that refusing to give it a try would be foolish, as X-Plane does offer a lot that MSFS lacks, but it just isn't ripe yet. Welp! My daily rants are over, now to go back to work instead of responding to strangers on an internet forum...

14 hours ago, data63 said:

I don't think he believes MK "fudged" something - it's just that these forum polls are a bit biased - they show the thoughts and standpoints of the forum users which are the "active" users - I'm shure the are lot's of "silent" FSX/FSX-SE users that are not really present on the forums but also buy some addon one time or another.

But somewhere numbers are to be taken from - I'm shure MK and AS know how to read them.

Absolutely right, what we see in most polls is the result of what most of our FS online community uses and believes in.
Nothing wrong with that, but it does not represent the complete picture. There are still a lot of users who do not participate in our forums and polls.
Heck, just today in support I wrote with a guy who refuses to connect internet to his flight sim computer because he believes it would have a significant performance impact.

In our online community there are many young people who have grown up with the internet, who will not hesitate to buy a download from a US company with their credit card.
Contrary to those there is still a big community of largely older people who are more sceptical about buying a download with their credit card in the internet (aka buying P3D from Lockheed). 
In other countrys this may be hard to follow up to, but here in Germany (currently the biggest FS market for us) there are still boxed addons available for sale at big markets like Saturn, etc. This is where a major part of the addons is sold.
And this is where P3D is still not quite known or at least used.

Well, according to polls Clinton should have been president. ;)

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

there is still a big community of largely older people who are more sceptical about buying a download with their credit card in the internet (aka buying P3D from Lockheed). 

Tell those people that there is something called a pre-paid credit card or debit card. Those don't allow any debts. Problem solved.

And now, please stop derailing this thread, everyone! Thanks :-)

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Tell those people that there is something called a pre-paid credit card or debit card. Those don't allow any debts. Problem solved.

And our new shop handles many new payment systems, for example iDeal for Dutch folks that are all direct payments.

269 must be some kind of record for post pages.  Somebody contact the Guinness Book of World Records. 

Regarding Aerosoft's statistics:  There is an unavoidable "bias" that the population for Aerosoft polls are Aerosoft customers who are more likely to go for high-end quality products–myself included…the type of products that have been Aerosoft's hallmark for years.   A poll of the entire "flightsim demographic" would likely be a bit different.  However, "Machs Nicht".  They are Aerosoft's polls of Aerosoft's customer base and likely used to guid their development strategy…and since the discussion is about an Aerosoft product, they are germane…just say'n

(My problem with using P3D is the warning that it is NOT to be used for entertainment purposes…so every time I use it I must force myself not entertained by the experience <sigh>;))

Back on subject:  So the CRJ "Will be done if/when it is done"  Roger that!   As a software developer, I understand that is a fact of life…in fact right now I am typing this post because I don't want to go code some stuff…really. B)

Thanks for the video!  I keep checking, hoping to see "released" on the home page, but thanks for showing us how it is progressing.

The EICAS displays look a little bit off to me, anything about those in the bug tracker still? Without going into much detail, but things like layout of some elements and font sizes? Not exactly important/major stuff, just constructive, detail oriented stuff.

I have been following this thread for the last couple of months now. I came across it after purchasing the CRJ pre-release last year some time. Back then it had an expected release date of like a month or so. But after seeing the date move multiple times, I began to wonder what was going on and turned to Google- which led me here. Needless to say I was rather disappointed to see how long ago this discussion started and began to wonder if I made a bad move by purchasing the package. Honestly I'm all for supporting the developers, but really didn't expect this kind of delay. All the same I have been willing to wait it out because I think it will be worth the wait. But I'm just hopeful that the CRJ is actually about to be released at this point.

I decided to post here though after following along for all this time because although I was upset to see that expected release date had changed yet again, I also found that it no longer reads expected release date. Now it actually says this item will be released on May 18th. I'm wondering if anyone from the company can confirm this? I don't recall it ever having said this before. Thanks!

Yes, May 18. Just not sure which year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hans always had 2061 in mind for a release. He now thinks 2060 is also possible. 

4 hours ago, Propane said:

The EICAS displays look a little bit off to me, anything about those in the bug tracker still? Without going into much detail, but things like layout of some elements and font sizes? Not exactly important/major stuff, just constructive, detail oriented stuff.

Send me a PM with details please. I'll do my best to fix it.

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Send me a PM with details please. I'll do my best to fix it.

... and the beat goes on.  Reminds me of attending a 4 hour meeting and the boss says " if there are no more questions, then we'll dismiss for today"... everyone looks around.... and you know who in the back of the room, raises his hand :banghead1_s:

6 hours ago, Propane said:

Compared to what currently flying CRJ? We always like to know EXACTLY what you are comparing with.

Well, it looks like i'm going to have to buy the CRJ and the A330 :clapping_s: