ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview

7326 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tyler Colvin said:

[...]

Lol I remember being so exited to get my hands on this plane... 2 years later still no plane.

When it is finally released, it will in fact be the CRJ 700/900X Evolution X Revolution 3.0XI :ph34r: but of course the release date is still TBC B)

In Europe at least, HOP has still around 10 CRJ700, the rest in use are mainly CRJ 900 and CRJ 1000 (or old CRJ 200). Hopefully will not disappear entirely till CRJ will be released. At least for Europe VAs, CRJ700 will be not be so much used or needed. On my side, only CRJ 900 is the one which I am interested of.

Info here: http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-crj-0.htm

vor 4 Stunden , alaister1 sagte:

When it is finally released, it will in fact be the CRJ 700/900X Evolution X Revolution 3.0XI :ph34r: but of course the release date is still TBC B)

*Deluxe Edition + Season Pass containing a 3D printed CRJ900 model and a golden livery ingame. Heck, even optional GAU-8 for active birdstrike protection. ;):rolleyes:

On 3/19/2017 at 11:07 PM, JRBarrett said:

So when it is finally released, you will refuse to purchase it? Suit yourself, but it seems rather self-defeating.

Yes that's correct sir. I will not forward a bronze penny. Cheers 

11 minutes ago, jetkid said: Yes that's correct sir. I will not forward a bronze penny. Cheers 

We will try to survive without your purchase jetkid.  I'll make this forum section invisible for your account as it clearly serves no purpose for you.

LOL - too funny M...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aerosoft has provided a full explanation for the development delays with his aircraft - and taken full responsibility for them.  As far as I'm concerned, once someone has done that, I just don't think it's morally or ethically acceptable to speak ill of them.

I must say that I'm immensely proud to be associated with the vast majority of morally and ethically savvy people and loyal customers who read and accepted the explanation provided by Mathijs and understand just how hard the team is working to provide an aircraft that is first rate by any standard - and I'm not guessing at that, I know it for a fact!  The choice was either an average aircraft or a high level simulator, and the latter is what was decided on.

It will be our customers rather than Aerosoft who benefit from the decision to further development of this aircraft. Our loyal customers understand this, and know that nobody wants to see it released more than the developer.

vor 1 hour , Hans Hartmann sagte:

the 3D printed model is actually a nice idea. I imagine a golden CRJ900 statue with a plaque reading "For Hans, the slowest developer of all times!"

...may be slow - but dedicated and not quitting after backsets!!

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

the 3D printed model is actually a nice idea. I imagine a golden CRJ900 statue with a plaque reading "For Hans, the slowest developer of all times!"

Better late then never?

Talk about perseverance - Hans - you must have a will made of steel - personally I would have lost interest many years ago if I was making it - keep up the good work - best...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vor 3 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

You definitely deserve some sort of award for this one, mate. :D

12 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

You definitely deserve some sort of award for this one, mate. :D

I think Hans his biggest reward will be release :)

6 minutes ago, Jeroen Doorman said:

I think Hans his biggest reward will be release :)

No, it will be the thousands of support questions a day after release. ;)

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Those wouldn't be there if you would test properly :P

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Harsh! at least give him a few days to celebrate and recover first lol :) 

Hans, my guess is that all these regionals are quirky. That issue with ILS capture exists on the Dash8, perhaps it is a Bombardier thing. You set the ILS frequency in NAV1, hold the FORMAT key until the ILS course bar displays on the ND, then you dial in the ILS course. On your final leg before the FAF, you must switch over to VOR/LOC as source... Anyone with Dash8 experience in the Majestic will know how to deal with that.

I am really looking forward to seeing the CRJ close up. I have to hand it to you, your perseverence is remarkable. Good luck and all the best on the final stretches!

Andrew

4 minutes ago, alehead said:

Hans, my guess is that all these regionals are quirky. That issue with ILS capture exists on the Dash8, perhaps it is a Bombardier thing. You set the ILS frequency in NAV1, hold the FORMAT key until the ILS course bar displays on the ND, then you dial in the ILS course. On your final leg before the FAF, you must switch over to VOR/LOC as source... Anyone with Dash8 experience in the Majestic will know how to deal with that.

I am really looking forward to seeing the CRJ close up. I have to hand it to you, your perseverence is remarkable. Good luck and all the best on the final stretches!

Andrew

Before starting to fly the CRJ beta I thought I'd prepare myself by flying another Bombardier plane (aka the Dash 8). Well, let me say that much: I reconned there is a control culomn and there are throttles in this plane, perhaps even flight deck windows and pilot seats.
The rest I had to learn from ground up.

I am looking forward to the TCAS and Transponder questions. :)

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I am looking forward to the TCAS and Transponder questions. :)

Why? You already had to answer all those questions to me :D

vor 2 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

Time for a serious response! I think Mathijs already said this a couple hundred pages earlier, but it's time to say it again: The CRJ is neither a Boeing or an Airbus. Thought it seems to be a simpler aircraft (no Autothrottle, only advisory VNAV), its avionics system's complexity beyond Boeing and sometimes even close to Airbus.

You can choose between all kinds of navigation sources and use the cross-side (CPT side uses F/O side) data - choose the wrong setting on the NAV Source knob and you'll end up flying somewhere... but not where you want to go. Another example: if you're on an FMS flight want to intercept an ILS, you have to change the NAV source from FMS to VOR/LOC or the autopilot's APP mode will not capture anything.

So yes, I fully except tons of questions and alleged bugs pretty much immediately after release. But then, that's what we have The Dude for :D

It's very similar to a Q400 in that regard.  Bombardier logic, I suppose. Wonder how the C-Series behaves.

11 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

It's very similar to a Q400 in that regard.  Bombardier logic, I suppose. Wonder how the C-Series behaves.

Does the CRJ 900 have an ALTSEL button? I only could find information about the CRJ 200.

Thanks,

Peter 

How is the outstanding bug report status going on at this stage?  I only mention it relative to seeing the A330 Project Status with its own outstanding issues. Hope there is light at the end of the tunnel not only from an excited user to be flying it, but from all of you working hard on it. No doubt you are eager to put the development stage to bed and move on from it other than ongoing support and SPs.