ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview

7597 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, The Dude said:

and VNAV is next in line for extensive testing

Thank. Is still there a lot of things which need extensive test or we're at the end? I just try to figure out how long we still have to wait for this wonderful bird. Best wishes for 2017.

23 minutes ago, Reald said:

Is still there a lot of things which need extensive test or we're at the end?

VNAV was/is about the last thing left with regard to "new" code. VNAV on the RW CRJ is rather basic so that part should not take all that long to test. 

Mathijs said some posts ago that release is just a few weeks away.....

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

VNAV was/is about the last thing left with regard to "new" code. VNAV on the RW CRJ is rather basic so that part should not take all that long to test. 

Thank you Frank. I just hope that you won't find anything which could cause another delay. Best regards.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

I know that the CRJ AP has no vnav capability, so it is just a toc/tod calculation and display or does the CRJ provide a vdev information display with constraints from the fms?

12 minutes ago, blahhh said:

or does the CRJ provide a vdev information display with constraints from the fms?

Sort of yes. With Collins and Bombardier everything is a bit different than with Airbus and Boeing. For one, among others, there is a "ball" symbol on the PFD VSI that shows you the required vertical speed to make altitude restrictions. Basically the dev programs an whole VNAV profile/mode short of adding an AP mode for it.

Thank you.

With Collins and Bombardier everything is a bit different than with Airbus and Boeing

It is why this plane is very exciting! :)

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let me give you an example... Yesterday I spend 5 hours checking the manual and functionality of the electrical system. And in the CRJ that's not a real complex system. All worked as it should just small issues like a EICAM text that should disappear after 3 seconds and it's now 10 seconds and some other messages that should be white and not amber. But that all has to be sorted out and tested again.

Any developer knows closing a project is always the hardest part!

I can understand. Take your time. Best wishes for 2017.

Some of us understand Mathijs, especially those of us with coding experience. Now in the words of my wife.........Step away from the forums and get back to work!!!! :D

Back%20to%20work_zpsncfvfje0.png

19 hours ago, The Dude said:

Sort of yes. With Collins and Bombardier everything is a bit different than with Airbus and Boeing. For one, among others, there is a "ball" symbol on the PFD VSI that shows you the required vertical speed to make altitude restrictions. Basically the dev programs an whole VNAV profile/mode short of adding an AP mode for it.

It's been a while since I've dabbled in flying the CRJ series, but VNAV is more "advisory" than anything, correct? Sort of how it is in the E135/45 series? Put in your restrictions and adjust your speed and VS to make your altitudes.

1 minute ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Isn't it already available on your google drive? :P

SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH :)

Unless i'm totally offbase, it would appear your back and forth is great news to hear, you're cleared to land :)

2 minutes ago, Flyschool said:

Hi all, is shared cockpit is always in the plans ?

Yes, but we are not delaying 1.00 for that. will be inserted later.

13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but we are not delaying 1.00 for that. will be inserted later.

Nice, can't wait for the release :)

There should be an "ExpressJet mode" where the aircraft has something go wrong with it after every other flight and it goes tech.

I kid, of course, but I've spent enough time pulling circuit breakers in these things as part of my internship to know that either a. they're not built very well, or more likely b. the regional airlines in America maintain them like crap.

1 hour ago, richcam427 said:

There should be an "ExpressJet mode" where the aircraft has something go wrong with it after every other flight and it goes tech.

I kid, of course, but I've spent enough time pulling circuit breakers in these things as part of my internship to know that either a. they're not built very well, or more likely b. the regional airlines in America maintain them like crap.

Unfortunately doing that kind of stuff properly is really a major piece of work, so it's not going to happen. At least for now.

14 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Unfortunately doing that kind of stuff properly is really a major piece of work, so it's not going to happen. At least for now.

No, what I said was meant to be a joke. Disregard it, and focus on getting the plane out :P