ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview

7208 posts in this topic

Will the CRJ have modeled failures? As the Aerosoft A320 doesn't have modeled failures and this is a brand new aircraft I thought It would have them.

1 minute ago, TrainNutter said:

Will the CRJ have modeled failures? As the Aerosoft A320 doesn't have modeled failures and this is a brand new aircraft I thought It would have them.

No, you can switch stuff off and see the consequences of that but there are no programmed failures or accusim like wear and tear. 

Maybe something for an SP perhaps. 

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As I said last week, we do have indeed a release date fixed now and last weekend before the Aerosoft 25th anniversary diner Hans and I sat together to discuss the open issues. And I am now pretty confident. I am NOT sharing the date now but I think it will be good to know that the end is in sight. The new schedule does allow for a bigger beta test and soon I will ask for people to join that (please do not ask now).

That's nice to know. As is the case with the A330, I am excited for this release.

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

No, you can switch stuff off and see the consequences of that but there are no programmed failures or accusim like wear and tear. 

Maybe something for an SP perhaps. 

And it behaves correctly to all the standard failures of FS.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

This is gonna be a long post with a lot of pics.

WOW! We must be close to the release now......

Looking forward to this. I'm current on the 700/900 so I'll eagerly await the expansion of the beta, perhaps I can be of some use.

*drools heavily on keyboard*

Man those pics are simply stunning.

1 hour ago, Reald said:

WOW! We must be close to the release now......

Yes, VERY close, about 19 months to release ;-)

On Montag, 18. Januar 2016 at 12:29, Mathijs Kok sagte:

The plans are to get this out first, lol. Connected Flight Deck is a serious thing to add and I am not willing to delay for that. But for sure CFD is something we feel very strong about, flying an airliner is a job for two persons and doing it on your own simply is not realistic.

What is the current status about that? Is it possible on final release or later with a service pack?

2 hours ago, Major said:

What is the current status about that? Is it possible on final release or later with a service pack?

For sure not in V1.00. It's seriously complex stuff (as you can see by the fact so few companies can actually include it).

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

For sure not in V1.00. It's seriously complex stuff (as you can see by the fact so few companies can actually include it).

Rgr - thx for the quick answer ;)

Those pics...

Also, would the Right FMC be similar to the AEX A320? Or will there be an inbuilt checklist (with a config page) ? - as seen in AS Twin Otter. Lastly, will RAAS be included on the full thing (as in the AEX A320) or -see previous question- ?

It does some of the configuration, but the checklist is on the EFB. I do not know if CRJ's are ever equipped with RAAS system, we have never seen one so it is not included.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It does some of the configuration, but the checklist is on the EFB. I do not know if CRJ's are ever equipped with RAAS system, we have never seen one so it is not included.

According to this

https://www.lufthansa-flight-training.com/en/e-notes/e-notesmay2012/crjtrainingbeilft?p_p_id=58&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_58_struts_action=%2Flogin%2Fforgot_password

Some are;)

Cheers

23 hours ago, ca210270 said:

Yes, VERY close, about 19 months to release ;-)

XD COME on GUYS its only joke..... a very funny joke!

3 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

XD COME on GUYS its only joke..... a very funny joke!

Maybe the first time, Look back through the forums though, I suppose "got your nose" is still funny too.

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Check it out at 4:45. I think Lufthansa in general has it for all their aircrafts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmsdq4Kkzrg

I see that EFB in that one picture. What other features will it have besides checklists, because I noticed a home button which I'm guessing means it has more. (If you add charts built in I would <3 this)

49 minutes ago, ScottFlysPlanes said:

I see that EFB in that one picture. What other features will it have besides checklists, because I noticed a home button which I'm guessing means it has more. (If you add charts built in I would <3 this)

If I'm not mistaken, Aerosoft have expressed that the EFB will be very similar to the right MCDU in the Airbus, so you should be able to expect similar functionality.

9 hours ago, ScottFlysPlanes said:

Well I am not sure that built in charts would be of much use, some have already done it and it seems to be a bit of a pain for the end user. As from what we have seen in the past, you have to get the charts your self and port them to a folder and edit it to look as you like.

But the thing that makes it less useful is that it is so small and such, and moving around the screen and zoom is not an option unless you really do a lot of work. I guess you are better with out, and use a real iPad, PC or your phone if you like small format as that might be the same small size screen and navigate around by that insted.

I also liked the main concept by a built in system some time ago, but when you se it and think about the extra work, you have to do and update it over and over again, I think you find it just as easy to use the chart option from Aerosoft or Navigraph in combination with a physical unit.

Cant wait. The previews look great. I'm not sure if someone has already asked this but will there be a virtual cabin like the on on the feel there erj 145.