ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview (Released)

2 minutes ago, hans5 said:

Have you guys tried to install it manually in P3Dv4? Some aircraft you can install manually and they work save for certain sounds. All you would need (if it works) is to remodel the VC (and add dynamic lights of course!)

That can't work because the instruments are 32 bit code.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If Hans even looks at that aircraft before doing SP1 of the CRJ I will unfriend him on Facebook.

Then I'm going to start working on a 64-bit version of the ATR right now! :D

• Upvote 2

Hey everyone correct me if I am wrong but I am seeing on some social media that the plane was supposed be released today? But the site I see September 28th? ... I'm sorry I just got done with a 4 day trip and I'm tired. Lol 

5 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

You can run x86 gauges in P3Dv4 provided they align with the FSX SDK.

• Downvote 3

Top, kenne we fijn aan iets nieuws werken. Echt leuk zo dat ook de fs op meer nivo komt.

For the others: just happy

Regards

Loek

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Then I'm going to start working on a 64-bit version of the ATR right now! :D

Do you code in Python? I just started learning Python, god fun!

1 minute ago, kityatyi1 said:

Do you code in Python?

Not sure if one would want to have an interpreted language in simulator core modules.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No. C++ for the gauges and C# for the CRJ Manager utility.

Wow! Those are way more complicated. Which one of the two are easier for absolute beginners?

C# is a good start for beginners. After having learned all the different concepts of programming C++ will come into reach.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Tom A320 said:

C# is a good start for beginners. After having learned all the different concepts of programming C++ will come into reach.

I did it the other way round :D

• Upvote 1

Yes, but I am sure you learned programming even before C++, lets say with C, Assembly Language or Cobol, right?

6 minutes ago, hans5 said:

Well we will all await one of your blog posts on your findings on converting them to x64. Aerosoft could very cheaply buy the rights for the ATR off flight one and do a version for P3Dv4. Its the next logical step after the CRJ as a lot of European airlines run the ATR - it shares some systems with the Airbus A320 family so you could just ask the devs who wrote the code for the AS A320 series and copy over to a new ATR version.

Please use the following topic for your project wish/suggestion:

BASIC, Turbo Pascal, Modula 2 and then C/C++, Assembler and finally (by force only) COBOL :)

C# was designed by the same guy who invented Turbo Pascal. It's a mixture of C++ and Pascal elements, so it's a very easy thing to learn if you know the origins already.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Yes, but I am sure you learned programming even before C++, lets say with C, Assembly Language or Cobol, right?

Now I am even more confused than before. I stick with Python. :-P

Wow - Fantastic news. I'm sure after this labour of love a relief for you guys to get it out there.

Looking forward to flying her - best of luck with the release to the Aerosoft gang!

1 minute ago, Hans Hartmann said:

C# was designed by the same guy who invented Turbo Pascal. It's a mixture of C++ and Pascal elements, so it's a very easy thing to learn if you know the origins already.

And that's exactly the reason why I suggested to start with C#. Anders Hejlsberg did already a perfect job with Turbo Pascal and Delphi and Microsoft really was lucky to get him from Borland. Pascal/Delphi are/were perfect languages to learn the principles of programming with, and C# is sort of a logical successor.

• Upvote 1

Read the news about release. Just wanted to say tusen takk and gratulere Aerosoft on this magnificent product. Great work takes time and i believe that this is beginning of great things to come. 

Seriously Aerosoft?

I'm leaving for a two day, cross country move tomorrow morning. And you're going to release it while I'm trying to wrestle a moving truck down the highway. I must have bad sim karma or something. :(

(seriously, congrats on the impending release, can't wait to fly her)

Good Evening. So I sent the email about the Box to Download Change about 6 Hours ago. Will I have an answer tomorrow morning? So I will be able to download it when everyone else can? 

Thank you so much for this option. 

1 minute ago, Philipp17 said:

Good Evening. So I sent the email about the Box to Download Change about 6 Hours ago. Will I have an answer tomorrow morning? So I will be able to download it when everyone else can? 

Aerosoft Support will deal with your request. No need to ask multiple times here in the forum if they are going to do it for you.

• Upvote 2

gerade, Tom A320 sagte:

Aerosoft Support will deal with your request. No need to ask multiple times here in the forum if they are going to do it for you.

I am sorry but just wanted to make sure that someone will check it. I am so hyped so I can't even wait. Sorry.