ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview (Released)

39 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

For any given aircraft weight and altitude there will be a "sweet spot" N1 that will keep your speed constant. It does depend to some extent on whether your hardware throttles are well calibrated and free of "noise".

Regarding the throttles... This may be an issue for users with all the variable joystick throttle combos out there. My ol X52 is kinda noisy in the throttle, so perhaps there is a null setting within the aircraft settings? 

Not sure I understand why Bombardier did not use A/T in this aircraft. There were plenty aircraft using A/T at the time it came out. Im sure there is some valid reason. 

The countdown is really on this time!

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, indeed!

It's not a overly complex aircraft to fly (fully manually it is even easy) but if you only flown Boeing or Airbus many find a lot of things that are done different. It will be a learning curve.

Quite interesting. Can't wait to get started...

How's the FMC (or whatever it's called) in comparisson? Similar to the (quirks/eccentricities/weirdness) of the Dash-8 FMC?

Im curious. With no CRJ profile in neither PFPX or TOPCAT, how should i plan a flight regarding fuel etc?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Quite interesting. Can't wait to get started...

How's the FMC (or whatever it's called) in comparisson? Similar to the (quirks/eccentricities/weirdness) of the Dash-8 FMC?

Yes, very similar.

• Upvote 1

Just now, colabox said:

Im curious. With no CRJ profile in neither PFPX or TOPCAT, how should i plan a flight regarding fuel etc?

Good ole pen, paper, and performance charts. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, colabox said:

Just use SimBrief while you wait. They have a CRJ-700 and CRJ-900 profile.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Like real pilots do!  But keep in mind that where simmers often only take the fuel for a single trip, real aircraft often fly several trips on one fuel load. That might be because fuel is expensive where they are going or turn around times are short. I often do not bother a lot, just load 75% and that is in now way unrealistic.

Or use the profile we included.

Exactly. That is what we always do. We often fuel up for 3 out of four sectors, depending on actual fuel prices which is monitored and evaluated daily. Sometimes we do fuel after each leg but most of the time a multi-leg fuelling is done, picking up "gas" where it is cheapest.

Just now, Thismaycontainuts said:

If you haven't changed your mind about the EFB, will it be with the aircraft on release?

Now where did that come from?

If you haven't changed your mind about the EFB, will it be with the aircraft on release?

There is an EFB-style control unit adjacent to the pilot and copilot called "Dave", that does many things. It allows you to set aircraft options, such as weights in pounds or KG, temperatures in C or F, Pressure in in/hg or HPA, single or dual cue flight director.

You can use it to load passengers, fuel and cargo, and calculate V speeds based on current gross weight, to open and close entrance and cargo doors, connect and disconnect external power and air etc.

It also contains checklists for preflight, taxi, takeoff, landing and postflight.

But it is not an "EFB" in the sense of holding approach charts or enroute charts like the Aivlasoft product.

• Upvote 1

I made an account here just to say thank you! I remember when this was first announced. Long time simmer, became a real world pilot four years ago. Hoping to fly the 700/900 next year at the regionals and this will definitely be a HUGE help to get ahead of the game while I continue building time.

• Upvote 3

Now I am sincerely psyched  WOW  can't wait to check this bird out and butter the bread. Got several loadsheets in the oven YEAH

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

You can buy the Download or Box Version, yes it will be the same but the box won't be out "soon".

Ok so it's the same as the boxed, thanks for clarifying Fabian!

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And it's official, release between 07:00 and 08:00 GMT tomorrow. This evening we'll do some last runs but the last installer seemed to work fine. I'll upload part of the manuals tp the CRJ section of the forum (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/747-crj-700900/)

Thanks Mathijs... Between 07:00 and 08:00 GMT - in the morning, that is?