ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview (Released)

richcam427    134
5 hours ago, Banalisator said:

Really, how difficult is it to understand that there isn't any release date? 

Seriously, Hans will finish this project. Just wait! They should release the project when its finished and not when its a bug disaster (take a look at TFDi). 

There's no need to bite his head off. It's an age-old question by now, but maybe he hasn't read through 301 pages like the rest of us. In all seriousness, with the amount of pictures we're seeing and the commotion going on, it *might* just mean that this thing is finally getting somewhere.

Anders Bermann    506
6 hours ago, richcam427 said:

There's no need to bite his head off. It's an age-old question by now, but maybe he hasn't read through 301 pages like the rest of us. In all seriousness, with the amount of pictures we're seeing and the commotion going on, it *might* just mean that this thing is finally getting somewhere.

Well, that may be true... but to an 'age-old' question, is an age-old answer. And the answer for that specific question, is the same for all forums in here.

A bit of an overreaction, maybe. But to be honest, I can certainly understand it ... especialle since a simple search for "release date" would have provided an answer to that 'age-old' question.

• Upvote 2

Hightower    156

All these questions of release date are like the little kid in the back seat asking 'Are we there yet?' over and over and over again, that you somehow come up with ways to divert the question other than just no we're not there yet., but soon, all the while holding restraint from a more stern answer. But it seems the corner has been turned with everyone working so hard to get this finished, that the answer to the kid is, 'Yes its just up ahead, see the destination in the distance?'.

A sort of Tour de France, and we are all at the finish line stretch of the final stage, cheering on the cyclists to break the line, thoroughly exhausted but determined to finish. 

• Upvote 2

iccowan    66
7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So what is the bug shown here?

crj.png

The APU is not actually running, it is only available, but the display with the systems status shows that it is.

Scandinavian    60

Ground power is turned on but is not used. It looks like it's still taking the power from the APU generator? I assume it should use the ground power source?

Heavy31    6

Both power sources are on, APU/Ext Pwr, but right side Ess Bus not connected, just a amateur guess.

KAPTEJNLN    234

well I guess it might be a few numbers missing note this is from CRJ 200 but is the same except of the missing (KVA) that should be there as well. so the main diagram seems fine from what I could find by a few info from a few sources. Another thing I was unsure about was the GEN1 and GEN2 in auto if they might switch green only when engine is running, as in the CRJ 200 it is a on or off/reset.. but a off/reset or auto in the CRJ 700/900.   

not sure.jpg

Ak47e6    26

Elec priority in the CRJ is 

1.  Onside IE gen 1 powers ac bus 1

2.  Inside APU powers the bus

3. Cross side gen 2 powers ac bus 1 if gen 1 and the APU is off

4. Outside (external power).  So external power is disconnected as soon as any other power source is brought on line. 

• Upvote 1

AndreMP    22

@lolocool16 According to AOM Part 1 posted by Mathijs, yes, but you need to install the config files "manually".

The GSX configuration files are not standard installed because the folder for those files is not a standard folder of Windows, FSX or the CRJ. You will find the GSX configuration files in the FSXMainFolder\aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ folder. You must copy these to C:\Users\[User's Name]\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes.

• Upvote 1

Cougboy88    2
6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

crj.png

External power is running but not providing a reading of electrical parameters. 

• Upvote 1

Legacy650    16

External power shows as "in use" but the schematic shows no reading of electrical input/output and that the APU is powering the electrical system. I've never flown the CRJ, but every aircraft I've flown that has an APU prioritizes the GPU over the APU generator so with the GPU in use, the APU generator should be taken off-line. 

I could be totally off since I'm not familiar with CRJ systems or schematics, but that's what jumps out to me.

• Upvote 1

Wieland1138    10
vor 15 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

crj.png

the External Power and the APU are running, put the power light of the apu is off and the apu status is blue and provide power to the system.

RandallC    56

The gen priority is correct in the pic, however the ext AC power lightswitch should have switched to "avail". The ext AC power should not read "in use" with the apu on and apu gen online.

• Upvote 1

FWAviation    347

I guess @HorstDerrick and @RandallC beat me to it, but I would go for a combination of both their answers - so it's a double bug: The power/fuel light of the APU should be on and the external AC power light should read "avail". ;)

Edit: I should have read more about the switchlights beforehand. Now I know that the pwr/fuel switchlight of the CRJ APU should be off (since the illuminated switchlight only displays a fuel pump or shutoff valve failure) and @RandallC gave the only correct answer (at least in my impression). Aaaahhh, these damn quizzes which I always miss to take part in just in time! ;)

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

I miss a rivet.

You win!

Besides, the bug is that the EXT PWR light still shows "IN USE" even though the external power is connected but not used, just like RandallC says:

5 hours ago, RandallC said:

The gen priority is correct in the pic, however the ext AC power lightswitch should have switched to "avail". The ext AC power should not read "in use" with the apu on and apu gen online.

And yes, it's been fixed already.

• Upvote 1