ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview (Released)

Tom A320    2929
Just now, hihi2225 said:

Are the rumors true? Is the product delayed (yet again) until June 15th?! :banghead1_s::cussing_s:

How often does it need to be told that the announced release date in the shop is not to be taken serious? It is just a place holder. So please ignore it, and take all relevant information from this topic.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Anders Bermann    506
5 hours ago, amahran said:

You guys should just change that date to Dec 31, 2999. People MIGHT get the message then...

LOL true! :lol:

Although I fear, that would just bring up a flood of new questions... 

(On a serious note - I don't understand why it can't be hidden with JavaScript or something. I understand the need for it to be there, but not the need to necessarily show it...)

• Upvote 3

patstan    32
10 hours ago, amahran said:

You guys should just change that date to Dec 31, 2999. People MIGHT get the message then...

That got me thinking, in a forum environment you can never prevent people from asking the same questions over and over again. People wont bother searching or going through 300 pages looking for the answer.

Sure, moderators will get annoyed when seeing people ask the same questions over and over again.

I suggest that a sticky post is created with the most common asked questions and refer people to that. It makes things easier and helps keep the thread cleaner. There is no point of moderators always trying to have a go at people for not searching or reading the whole thread to find answers. All it does is make the thread more unclean. Something to look at in future.

• Upvote 3

jmorvay1971    11

I think Aerosoft shot themselves in the foot by posting a release date in the first place.  A far better, and less confusing (or disappointing) approach would have been for them to place a TBD next to the date of release entry, or just waited until they knew for sure that the aircraft was in the home stretch to be released and then planned pre-orders accordingly.  Think about those who don't frequent the forums, who see this aircraft for sale and they purchase it, without even realizing that it may be quite a while before they get it.

• Upvote 2

jacekw3579    2
20 hours ago, amahran said:

Some idea regarding to the delay of CRJ. We know that DA was/is? somehow involved in the development of CRJ and ... then is possible that DA has some rights to the CRJ software. We all know that legal processes are long and sometime unpredictable ... However, these processes can determine relase date of CRJ. So,... could be 4th July 2999...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Jetwings32    29

The Real CRJ 700 will be long retired by the time this plane comes out.. I done pretty much give up on it ever coming out.. This way when it comes out it will be a surprise to me & something worth possibly getting if it ever indeed comes out..

Basically what I am saying here is. I'm giving up on the plane for time being, but when & If it ever comes out, that way I'll be excited for it again.. Its been so long we've been promised, than things come up & release gets pushed back further.. It feels like my Airline will eventually retire the real CRJ before this one even gets out to be used any.. Then I won't even have any need for it..  I'd almost rather them focus on making a newer better EMB-170-195 that can be used for P3D than CRJ.. Need a newer better  EMB-170-175 for P3D.. Xplane was given a better EMB-170-175, why can't we get a better one for P3D.. Now grant it.. For now Wilco one is average decent & pretty close to the real one, but there could be a better one made & the Wilco close to realistic & about the best plane wilco ever did make but even its been out a few yrs now & We really could use a newer better EMB-170-195 plane for P3D. Also could use ERJ-145 & 145 XR for P3D.. the Feelthere ones really aren't made for P3D & so they bring down frames because there really optimized for P3D..  I really don't think Feelthere has any plans in near future of even updating the ones they originally did.. Which would be great if they did but I've asked them about it but they wrote back & sounded like there more interested in focusing on their ATC tower now than advancing any of their past products like the EMB or ERJ. So it would be nice if possibly Aerosoft or someone if not Aerosoft could make a ERJ & EMB170-195 strictly for P3D so they be made to run strictly for P3D. We'd have a newer better Embraer to fly too..

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

data63    289
vor 36 Minuten, Jetwings32 sagte:

The Real CRJ 700 will be long retired by the time this plane comes out.. I done pretty much give up on it ever coming out.. This way when it comes out it will be a surprise to me & something worth possibly getting if it ever indeed comes out..

Basically what I am saying here is. I'm giving up on the plane for time being, but when & If it ever comes out, that way I'll be excited for it again.. Its been so long we've been promised, than things come up & release gets pushed back further.. It feels like my Airline will eventually retire the real CRJ before this one even gets out to be used any.. Then I won't even have any need for it..  I'd almost rather them focus on making a newer better EMB-170-195 that can be used for P3D than CRJ.. Need a newer better  EMB-170-175 for P3D.. Xplane was given a better EMB-170-175, why can't we get a better one for P3D.. Now grant it.. For now Wilco one is average decent & pretty close to the real one, but there could be a better one made & the Wilco close to realistic & about the best plane wilco ever did make but even its been out a few yrs now & We really could use a newer better EMB-170-195 plane for P3D. Also could use ERJ-145 & 145 XR for P3D.. the Feelthere ones really aren't made for P3D & so they bring down frames because there really optimized for P3D..  I really don't think Feelthere has any plans in near future of even updating the ones they originally did.. Which would be great if they did but I've asked them about it but they wrote back & sounded like there more interested in focusing on their ATC tower now than advancing any of their past products like the EMB or ERJ. So it would be nice if possibly Aerosoft or someone if not Aerosoft could make a ERJ & EMB170-195 strictly for P3D so they be made to run strictly for P3D. We'd have a newer better Embraer to fly too..

so what's your point??

they shall scrap a x year project at a point where it seems quite near completition to begin a completely new project (for another x years?) 'cause you think the CRJ is "outdated" ?

why the heck did PMDG release a 747 - it's nearly "outdated" :wacko: - or why are 50ies or 60ies planes released...

Emanuel Hagen    4083
42 minutes ago, Jetwings32 said:

So it would be nice if possibly Aerosoft or someone if not Aerosoft could make a ERJ & EMB170-195 strictly for P3D so they be made to run strictly for P3D. We'd have a newer better Embraer to fly too..

Sure, such an addon may easily cost you a few hundret Euros though if FSX is not supported since most users are still with FSX.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

worshipbrat    27

In a sick way, checking in to read the banter here has become part of my routine. I might miss it for a nanosecond or two when the product finally releases.

• Upvote 1

richcam427    134
10 hours ago, worshipbrat said:

In a sick way, checking in to read the banter here has become part of my routine. I might miss it for a nanosecond or two when the product finally releases.

I check here often because I have a false hope that maybe, just maybe, since this thing has been delayed for so egregiously long, maybe there will be some light at the end of the tunnel soon. But I've all but given up hope myself. Oh well.

• Upvote 1

Jetwings32    29

I didn't say scrap it.. I basically said I giving up on it temparily.. Then that way I will be excited again when they do release it.. However it does seem sometimes like many bump in the roads as this poor plane has experienced, that the real CRJ could become extinct before there able to get it out too us but hopefully not..  

Then I went on too say & I admit I should of clarified this part alittle better I guess.. I eventually would like to see if not Aerosoft someone release a newer better version of the EMB-170-195 for P3D..  

• Upvote 3

levkovv    17

I think the discussion got heated enough that we need some screenshots/videos to distract people again ;)

• Upvote 4

jmorvay1971    11
20 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Sure, such an addon may easily cost you a few hundret Euros though if FSX is not supported since most users are still with FSX.

I can tell you why the vast majority are still with FSX: investment.  So many people have invested so much money into add-ons because for the longest time, FSX was the goto simulator.  Later, with P3D, people were under the impression that this new sim would give them more system leverage, but since it was still old code in a new wrapper, people got sucked into that one as well.  So buyer's remorse sets in, and they stick with it, thinking that'll justify all that time and money, and still holding out hope that something will come along that will change that ailing simulator. There are emerging sims out there now, performing much better on their own, than with a hobbled sim like FSX, where you need a bunch of add-ons installed to prevent OOMs, but even that cannot overcome the VAS issues.  Content becomes more and more detailed, people buy it, they get angry when their sim fails, they buy more powerful hardware to keep up...it's an endless circle while the developers keep raking in the money.

I had high hopes of seeing a release of the CRJ sooner rather than later, since it was a favorite of mine in default FSX, but I too cannot hold my breath on its release.  When it comes, it comes, but I feel sorry for those who pre-ordered, falling for bad marketing tactics.

3 minutes ago, jmorvay1971 said:

I can tell you why the vast majority are still with FSX: investment.

I'm not exactly sure about this. As far as I remember, Mathijs had some pie charts about that topic a while ago and they showed that a clear majority uses P3D now.

Edit: Found it.

pie.PNG

• Upvote 2

jmorvay1971    11
Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

I'm not exactly sure about this. As far as I remember, Mathijs had some pie charts about that topic a while ago and they showed that a clear majority uses P3D now.

I beg to differ, and whatever is being shown to us could just be someone "wagging the dog".  Stats and metrics can always be fudged, just to drive the market.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Tom A320    2929
57 minutes ago, jmorvay1971 said:

I beg to differ, and whatever is being shown to us could just be someone "wagging the dog".  Stats and metrics can always be fudged, just to drive the market.

Mathijs asks regularly here in the forums, what simulators the users/customers are using. The numbers in the above pie chart are taken from one of these polls.

• Upvote 1

Jetwings32    29

I'm still very much looking forward too the CRJ, just letting out alittle frustration the other day learning that it was post poned again.. However I still looking forward to picking it up when the CRJ-700 does come out.. I am still looking forward too it.. let me put it this way.. I just try to think about it too much, that way when it comes out. I'll be like Heck ya its release. get out of my way.. I'm running to pick it up & add it too my fleet of planes cause I really need it bad for some of the trips I want to do have the CRJ-700 listed & I don't have it, so have to trade it with a EMB-170 which also has 70 seats..   :)

Ps, last part (deleted) edited by mod. This is the CRJ preview forum. Requests about other planes have no place here.