ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview (Released)

DaveCT2003    797
18 hours ago, data63 said:

it's more interesting to learn from you guys what's in a CRJ in real live

I suspect that many people will have a fairly significant learning curve with the CRJ, especially if their experience with airliners has been limited to the Airbus or Boeing.  In fact, I'd say that it will be a bit more than someone going from Boeing to Airbus or the other way around.  It's just different.  I'm very experienced in the complete PMDG line, Airbus, Dash 8 and many other airliners, and systems level of detail that Hans has put into the aircraft matches the best of the aircraft models mentioned.  With that in mind, this is an aircraft where one will benefit greatly by running through the documentation - which thankfully is fully searchable!

I usually select the aircraft I'm going to fly based on what type of day I've had and what type of flight I'm looking for. If it's been an average type of day and I'm looking forward to a busy flight (really interacting with the aircraft systems) then I'll fly the Leonardo Maddog MD-80 or the Dash 8 Q400 Pro.  If I'm looking for a relaxing flight then it's the PMDG NGX/777 or Aerosoft Airbus.  I'd place the CRJ-700/900 firmly in the "busy flight" category both because of how the CRJ systems are operated and the systems level of detail.  This I believe is GREAT NEWS, especially for those who really enjoy a hands on experience that so many of us clammer for!

There are three product releases that I'm TRULY EXCITED ABOUT in the flight simulation community.  The Aerosoft CRJ, the Aerosoft A330, and REX Weather/Environment Force.  That Aerosoft is producing two of these products is AMAZING and testament to both Aerosoft's commitment to our community and their overall footprint (how important the company is to us) the company has in our community!

• Upvote 4

Anders Bermann    506
4 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I wish you wouldn't say stuff like this. It will only result in questions like "why doesn't the CRJ have x or y?" questions. Personally, I don't care what those other products can do. I just make the CRJ as close to the real thing as the available information allows.

I guess that's another way of saying "Thanks for the compliment!" :D

• Upvote 1

DaveCT2003    797
16 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I wish you wouldn't say stuff like this. It will only result in questions like "why doesn't the CRJ have x or y?" questions. Personally, I don't care what those other products can do. I just make the CRJ as close to the real thing as the available information allows.

Well... okay-fine. I see your point, and suppose there might be some who ask about or complain about the lack of a cloaking device, warp capability and phasers.

qqwertzde    93
4 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No, it isn't. I really don't like it when my work (or any products in general) gets hyped before it's released and everybody has the chance to make their own decision on whether it's good or not.

I don't like it either when Dave is doing that. I always start drooling, but I know I will still have to wait while Dave is already having fun with the CRJ ;)

Peter

• Upvote 1

Anders Bermann    506
25 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No, it isn't. I really don't like it when my work (or any products in general) gets hyped before it's released and everybody has the chance to make their own decision on whether it's good or not.

Fair enough.

But in all fairness, you have to recognize, that given Aerosoft is having a public forum and you're showcasing upcoming releases, displaying the quality, and revealing details, set products/releases will get hyped by the fanbase. 

But I do see your point. No harm was intended. :)

vjcarlo    53

All this talk of system complexity has me thinking.  Back in Sept 2015, we were provided a copy of the Vol 1 - AOM Part 1 and Vol 3 - Tutorial Flight for the CRJ.  Since I have read thru these probably 25 or 30 times :banghead1_s: over the past year and a half, I was wondering if there has been any major changes to the CRJ's system complexity since then.  In other words, are you just finding and fixing bugs from the systems installed in 2015 or has there been some system upgrades that Aerosoft can tell us about ?  Thank you very much !

2 hours ago, vjcarlo said:

All this talk of system complexity has me thinking.  Back in Sept 2015, we were provided a copy of the Vol 1 - AOM Part 1 and Vol 3 - Tutorial Flight for the CRJ.  Since I have read thru these probably 25 or 30 times :banghead1_s: over the past year and a half, I was wondering if there has been any major changes to the CRJ's system complexity since then.  In other words, are you just finding and fixing bugs from the systems installed in 2015 or has there been some system upgrades that Aerosoft can tell us about ?  Thank you very much !

I use the FCOM, QRH, FMS Guide, HGS Manual, Aaron Boone's CRJ-700 Study Guide and the knowledge from 8 or so current and former pilots. That, plus about a dozen other manuals (performance, weight and balance,...), hundreds of photos and videos. There's no way to build even half-real systems just based on the FCOM alone. The original FCOM was created using a  "what the pilot needs to know" policy, so it doesn't really go into details.

• Upvote 3

amahran    279

Honest to god, I miss the days when FS pilots learned to fly complex FS planes by trial and error instead of studying entire FCOM's...

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2017 at 6:32 AM, CRJ900 said:

I must admit, I was never really interested in the 747-400, as I never really liked it in real life

I have a problem with you on a spiritual level now.

• Upvote 4

Davetunes    81
3 hours ago, amahran said:

Honest to god, I miss the days when FS pilots learned to fly complex FS planes by trial and error instead of studying entire FCOM's...

That's still how I do it, simple and straight to the point. If something doesn't work the way I expect it to, then I check the FCOM.

• Upvote 1

timma    14
15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I suspect that many people will have a fairly significant learning curve with the CRJ, especially if their experience with airliners has been limited to the Airbus or Boeing.  In fact, I'd say that it will be a bit more than someone going from Boeing to Airbus or the other way around.  It's just different.  I'm very experienced in the complete PMDG line, Airbus, Dash 8 and many other airliners, and systems level of detail that Hans has put into the aircraft matches the best of the aircraft models mentioned.  With that in mind, this is an aircraft where one will benefit greatly by running through the documentation - which thankfully is fully searchable!

I usually select the aircraft I'm going to fly based on what type of day I've had and what type of flight I'm looking for. If it's been an average type of day and I'm looking forward to a busy flight (really interacting with the aircraft systems) then I'll fly the Leonardo Maddog MD-80 or the Dash 8 Q400 Pro.  If I'm looking for a relaxing flight then it's the PMDG NGX/777 or Aerosoft Airbus.  I'd place the CRJ-700/900 firmly in the "busy flight" category both because of how the CRJ systems are operated and the systems level of detail.  This I believe is GREAT NEWS, especially for those who really enjoy a hands on experience that so many of us clammer for!

There are three product releases that I'm TRULY EXCITED ABOUT in the flight simulation community.  The Aerosoft CRJ, the Aerosoft A330, and REX Weather/Environment Force.  That Aerosoft is producing two of these products is AMAZING and testament to both Aerosoft's commitment to our community and their overall footprint (how important the company is to us) the company has in our community!

lol! i do exactly the same,i guess all simmers think the same

FWAviation    346
vor 19 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

I commend your frankness and modesty. I thought that while it sure was meant as a nice compliment, Dave's comment was a bit "complicated", to state it nicely. It sounded a bit as if he's having all the fun with your CRJ already while you and his beta tester colleagues still have plenty of work to do and some in the community are already biting their fingernails because they have been waiting for the CRJ so long. Making hyped comments about the CRJ at this stage in time is a tight rope to walk on, I guess. That said, do your thing and don't lose too many nerves about it despite all the hype and all the criticism occurring once in a while! Thumbs up and keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

Arinc429    5

Nice to see Air Nostrum colours. Impacient for editing file in order to design for this model the new IBERIA livery. Air nostrum uses currently paper printed charts.

Regards.

On 1.4.2017 at 7:13 PM, 007 said:

I tuned in today expecting to see something from MK to the effect that...... Aerosoft was discontinuing development of the CRJ; or....... release of the CRJ was imminent; or.......the CRJ was delayed for another 6 years; or........the world was coming to an end.  But to my surprise there was no April's fools jokes.  Which means everyone is busy working....working hard to finish our beloved CRJ project.  Good on you guys.....keep up the hard work.  Its always appreciated!

Would it be mean to confirm the end of the project two days late? :D

No worries, it's still well and keeps ruining my life! ;)

• Upvote 3

007    77
3 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Would it be mean to confirm the end of the project two days late? :D

No worries, it's still well and keeps ruining my life! ;)

Happy to hear (that it's still well........not that it's ruining your life)!  Keep it up Hans!  You are the man!

• Upvote 4

scottb613    34

Hi Folks,

Am I the only one hearing the theme song to Rocky right now !

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotth6    78
On 02/04/2017 at 3:13 AM, 007 said:

I tuned in today expecting to see something from MK to the effect that...... Aerosoft was discontinuing development of the CRJ; or....... release of the CRJ was imminent; or.......the CRJ was delayed for another 6 years; or........the world was coming to an end.  But to my surprise there was no April's fools jokes.  Which means everyone is busy working....working hard to finish our beloved CRJ project.  Good on you guys.....keep up the hard work.  Its always appreciated!

They wisely didn't do that because it would have just added 20 more pages of over the top reactions either way.  Although, what's 20 more pages on a 295 page thread.

Cheers,

blahhh    21

Haha I just read the 5 last pages and I'm pretty sure that people is in a cheerful mood and patient in this thread in part because of Aerosoft sense of humour. (special mention to The Dude and Hans :p)

• Upvote 1

Jeroen Doorman    1515
On 9-3-2017 at 9:24 PM, Tom A320 said:

What you need to know to understand Frank's little prank is, that in the Aerosoft internal Skype group these people (and some others as well) are bashing each other all day long. They obviously don't need to work like others do... (and mistake the forums with the chat group from time to time)    :D  :D  :D  

Wait, what? Sorry, I just woke up and understand there's some bashing going on and I don't want to miss out on that :lazy_s:

• Upvote 1