ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview (Released)

I have been following this thread for the last couple of months now. I came across it after purchasing the CRJ pre-release last year some time. Back then it had an expected release date of like a month or so. But after seeing the date move multiple times, I began to wonder what was going on and turned to Google- which led me here. Needless to say I was rather disappointed to see how long ago this discussion started and began to wonder if I made a bad move by purchasing the package. Honestly I'm all for supporting the developers, but really didn't expect this kind of delay. All the same I have been willing to wait it out because I think it will be worth the wait. But I'm just hopeful that the CRJ is actually about to be released at this point.

I decided to post here though after following along for all this time because although I was upset to see that expected release date had changed yet again, I also found that it no longer reads expected release date. Now it actually says this item will be released on May 18th. I'm wondering if anyone from the company can confirm this? I don't recall it ever having said this before. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, snatr said:

Now it actually says this item will be released on May 18th. I'm wondering if anyone from the company can confirm this? I don't recall it ever having said this before. Thanks!

I am sorry to disappoint you, we communicated many times here in the forums that these release dates in the shop are just placeholders which are necessary for other shopsystems to be able to accept our product.

We can not confirm this date, in fact we even have to deny it. It is a placeholder, nothing more.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hi,

Is there already an official statement about P3D V4?
(I have read some of the forum pages, but couldn't find this info)
Yes... I know... V4 hasn't been released yet, but I would like to know if the CRJ will receive an update to V4 and under what (financial) conditions if possible.

Until recently I would have bought the CRJ for P3D V3 without the blink of an eye, but not anymore.
Since P3D V4 (most likely?) is being released this year, I would like to have some more info about upgrade policy.
If that info can not be given now, fair enough, but then I will wait with my purchase until things are clear.

Egbert

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:40 AM, Emanuel Hagen said:

I am sorry to disappoint you, we communicated many times here in the forums that these release dates in the shop are just placeholders

Did something recently change with this because I could swear that it used to read 'Expected Release Date'?

On 11/03/2017 at 11:01 AM, Egbert Drenth said:

Is there already an official statement about P3D V4?

Yes, just 3 pages back. 

1 hour ago, snatr said:

Did something recently change with this because I could swear that it used to read 'Expected Release Date'?

No. Nothing's changed.

It doesn't matter if it's called "Next Barbecue Party", "Next Date for Mathijs Haircut" or "Expected Release Date" (...or another variant)

It's always been placeholder dates which haven't (not necassary) got any meaning with real release schedules. They're just there, to make sure that Aerosoft's webshop works with 3rd party shops (Like Amazon etc...)

Hope that cleared things up.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, KingMusjo said:

No. Nothing's changed.

It doesn't matter if it's called "Next Barbecue Party", "Next Date for Mathijs Haircut" or "Expected Release Date" (...or another variant)

It's always been placeholder dates which haven't (not necassary) got any meaning with real release schedules. They're just there, to make sure that Aerosoft's webshop works with 3rd party shops (Like Amazon etc...)

Hope that cleared things up.

Cheers

Another words, don't believe everything you read on the internet.  While I too, would be extremely pleased to see this aircraft release soon, I tried to hold my breath, but turned blue and the wife got worried.  It'll be out when it comes out.  This isn't like the latest iPhone, where you need to camp out for days just to get one before they sell out.  There will be enough digital downloads to go around, so as it has been stated, more times than I can count, it'll be available when it's available.  I side with the comments that say that it's best for them to take their time and make sure they have a quality product availble, instead of rushing it out the door, only to be plagued with errors, issues and inconsistencies.

• Upvote 2

See what is bothering me here is that this package, from everything I've read and saw about it, is going to be fantastic. So I'm trying to patiently wait out the delays. While at the same time I feel like I (or my money at least) got sucked into a black hole or something. I mean when I saw the first delay it really didn't surprise me because the item was listed with an expected release date- something that might be subject to change. But after multiple delays of months I started to look into it. That's when I came across this thread and I started to wonder just how long a delay I might actually be in for. I mean there are a lot of other add-ons I'd be interested in buying with this money in the meantime. And btw, I talked to someone on the phone from Aerosoft that told me things were coming along nicely. So I waited.

But like I started to say at the beginning of this post, what is bothering me is the fact that when someone like me, who has never dealt with this company or it's policies before, and who wasn't aware of a topic on a forum like this where people say things like "It doesn't matter if it's called Next Barbecue Party" those dates are just place holders, ends up feeling like he got a deal he didn't bargain for. I mean if this was a Kickstarter campaign or something I'd understand. So basically I'm upset that this is taking so long really.

Now going back to my first post here, I might ask if people think it's a good idea that the company is now listing a product that is precisely saying This product will be released on 18 May 2017 without any mention whatsoever anywhere on that page of that date being subject to change. I mean they are bound to have a lot of irate customers as that date changes I would think. Just saying. Oh, and btw KingMusjo, although the model was listed somewhat differently as far as when I purchased it, it at least did give me some indication that the date might change somehow. But just to show you what I mean, here is a link to a post I found in this thread where it definitely was listed that way.

Thanks for hearing me out :wacko:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

For me the whole boxed release date is as old as flightsimming itself. How many times did I go to my local computerstore in the early nineties to ask when XY flightsim was in stock. (Pre-internet times) It was always next week or soon. Computer magazines at that time even had a page with expected release dates that were rubbish. 

I do not like this practice either but is with us since day one and it will be with us as long as there are publishers and resellers. It is just the nature of the beast. 

I want to note though that nobody who pre-ordered the CRJ boxed edition had to pay for it yet. Also be aware that the boxed edition is always released a few weeks after the download release. I would always opt for the download myself and have the product on my harddrive the minute it is available. 

• Upvote 2

Sorry, I might have missed it, but when/where did Aerosoft say that the CRJ would be released in May 2017?

Thanks in advance.

He is referring to the shop, old storry and no need to comment/discuss this any further, ;) 

• Upvote 3

I do agree with the idea of holding the product until it is 100% ready, so you wont have a buggy plane and then have to keep heavily releasing fixes in short time intervals after release. Not saying there wont be any updates or fixes at all after the CRJ comes out but not as many. I also can see why the people who have already pre-ordered are getting worried or upset because they are wondering where the product they invested in is. Maybe the pre-order option wasn't a good idea but that is only my opinion and I don't know what all that goes on in the background of making this plane so I can't say that full heartedly. I thank Aerosoft for continuing to work hard to get this plane out for all the fans waiting! :) 

CRJ was definitely on my list too purchase.....not anymore. There are others who will wait until they are blue in the face but not me. I've expressed my opinions before...........yes opinions not fact. I don't agree how this project unfolded. I'll get the A330 for sure, seems like a nice flow. Cheers!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, Tyler Colvin said:

[...]

Lol I remember being so exited to get my hands on this plane... 2 years later still no plane.

When it is finally released, it will in fact be the CRJ 700/900X Evolution X Revolution 3.0XI :ph34r: but of course the release date is still TBC B)

• Upvote 2

In Europe at least, HOP has still around 10 CRJ700, the rest in use are mainly CRJ 900 and CRJ 1000 (or old CRJ 200). Hopefully will not disappear entirely till CRJ will be released. At least for Europe VAs, CRJ700 will be not be so much used or needed. On my side, only CRJ 900 is the one which I am interested of.

Info here: http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-crj-0.htm

vor 4 Stunden , alaister1 sagte:

When it is finally released, it will in fact be the CRJ 700/900X Evolution X Revolution 3.0XI :ph34r: but of course the release date is still TBC B)

*Deluxe Edition + Season Pass containing a 3D printed CRJ900 model and a golden livery ingame. Heck, even optional GAU-8 for active birdstrike protection. ;):rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2017 at 11:07 PM, JRBarrett said:

So when it is finally released, you will refuse to purchase it? Suit yourself, but it seems rather self-defeating.

Yes that's correct sir. I will not forward a bronze penny. Cheers 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 17

11 minutes ago, jetkid said: Yes that's correct sir. I will not forward a bronze penny. Cheers 

We will try to survive without your purchase jetkid.  I'll make this forum section invisible for your account as it clearly serves no purpose for you.

LOL - too funny M...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Aerosoft has provided a full explanation for the development delays with his aircraft - and taken full responsibility for them.  As far as I'm concerned, once someone has done that, I just don't think it's morally or ethically acceptable to speak ill of them.

I must say that I'm immensely proud to be associated with the vast majority of morally and ethically savvy people and loyal customers who read and accepted the explanation provided by Mathijs and understand just how hard the team is working to provide an aircraft that is first rate by any standard - and I'm not guessing at that, I know it for a fact!  The choice was either an average aircraft or a high level simulator, and the latter is what was decided on.

It will be our customers rather than Aerosoft who benefit from the decision to further development of this aircraft. Our loyal customers understand this, and know that nobody wants to see it released more than the developer.

• Upvote 4

vor 1 hour , Hans Hartmann sagte:

the 3D printed model is actually a nice idea. I imagine a golden CRJ900 statue with a plaque reading "For Hans, the slowest developer of all times!"

...may be slow - but dedicated and not quitting after backsets!!

• Upvote 1