ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview (Released)

5 hours ago, davidchen9568 said:

Just curious, why don't you use a date like Dec 31, 2099 so that it does not confuse people?

Sure, it might have been a better move. We're human and we make mistakes - and we've owned up to that one.

For everyone... enough is enough.  Further posts about release dates will be deleted hence forth.  Frankly, we've already explained release dates (over, and over, and over again) until we have no feelings left in our fingers.

• Upvote 1

On 1.3.2017 at 11:13, The Dude sagte:

A small update from my side.

Hans is now finishing up on some small details that were more or less on hold for SP1. We now have a sh*t load of EICAS messages and STAB TRIM, MACH TRIM and YD push buttons/EICAS msgs are also implemented. What is left now is doing a lot of test flights to get some LNAV stuff sorted.

Before we start any further speculations, I will ask directly: How do you judge the severity of that "LNAV stuff"? Are those real showstoppers or only minor issues which should be fixed relatively fast (and no, I'm not asking for any specific time estimate ;))? Because just like @david.hilker, I was a bit worried when I read the word "LNAV".

• Upvote 1

At the moment we are looking for the reason why some ILS approaches have a slight offset for example. Not all have them but it is a problem.

I am not sure if it might be, something I came across some time ago, by a airport project. As I spend a lot of time doing a custom ILS as mainly some planes I used by testing did not fly it well. So I did try to adjust it and found that when you got the plane fly it well and altitude readings was right, you could take another add-on and it did not fly it well.. I know the Dash 8 Q400 VS airbus both follow the glide slope according there displays but you get different results as is it the dash that try to make it smooth if I remember correctly, its a while sinces the test, and PMDG 737 gives another result, even in fact they claim to follow the same but papi lights and altitudes do tell a different story. I just mean the airbus is close to the default airbus in FSX.

but yes there is some flare problems at some airports EKCH stock is a good one it is often not a good autoland.

But I dont know just try give a bit of what I experinced as far as I remember.   

And then there are also airport add-ons which simply have incorrect AFCADs and therefore produce offset ILS approaches.

But anyway, thank you very much for the great insights, @The Dude and @Emanuel Hagen! I guess everyone here wishes you good luck in finding solutions to those tricky problems.

So what happens to prompt bug squashing after the CRJ is released? Hans is the sole developer here, and it's been mentioned that at this stage no one else can help him code/fix bugs/etc. After release will there be a team that works on fixing bugs, or is it still just Hans, because I can see a point where Hans may not want to support the CRJ anymore (as you've mentioned he has a full time job), though the community maybe asking for fixes/support.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Do not worry about support. AS will provide support and Hans will make SP's available through AS.

There is also the ongoing development of addition items for the CRJ like connected flight deck for example. The CRJ is here to stay with AS. 

Just a question guys, are digital aviation completely out of this project? as far as i know it's an internal Aerosoft project now with only one developer.

Digital Aviation in the form of Hans is still with the project. There are rumours that the CRJ will be delivered without an VC. ;)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Digital Aviation in the form of Hans is still with the project. There are rumours that the CRJ will be delivered without an VC. ;)

thanks for the answer :)  i heard some rumors that it will be delivered without wings :P

• Upvote 1

On 3.3.2017 at 3:09 PM, SDFlyer said:

So what happens to prompt bug squashing after the CRJ is released? Hans is the sole developer here, and it's been mentioned that at this stage no one else can help him code/fix bugs/etc. After release will there be a team that works on fixing bugs, or is it still just Hans, because I can see a point where Hans may not want to support the CRJ anymore (as you've mentioned he has a full time job), though the community maybe asking for fixes/support.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've had a full time job for the last 23 years and I never failed or stopped supporting any of the products I worked on (Dreamfleet 737-400, Eurowings Pro/2004, DA20 Katana, PA31 Cheyenne, ...), so no worries. As The Dude said, there's also going to be further development on the CRJ.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

No, it's going to be delivered without a Co-Pilot. Nobody needs a right-seater:D

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I've had a full time job for the last 23 years and I never failed or stopped supporting any of the products I worked on (Dreamfleet 737-400, Eurowings Pro/2004, DA20 Katana, PA31 Cheyenne, ...), so no worries. As The Dude said, there's also going to be further development on the CRJ.

No, it's going to be delivered without a Co-Pilot. Nobody needs a right-seater:D

I flew your PA 31 Cheyenne for years it was a great add on, thank you for your work!

• Upvote 1

looking great as always from the developers ignore all the negativity from the usual people your hard work will pay off when its released and whenever that will be i have money waiting

On 08/03/2017 at 8:56 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

I never failed or stopped supporting any of the products I worked on (Dreamfleet 737-400, Eurowings Pro/2004, DA20 Katana, PA31 Cheyenne, ...)

Didn't realise you were involved the the Dreamfleet 737, I loved that aircraft was advanced for its day! What sim was that for FS2K?

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I think it the development started for FS2000. I don't remember if the release version was for FS2000 or already for FS2002.

1 month of work for the whole overhead panel with underlying systems.... those were better times :wub:

Please try to keep on topic here. This is the CRJ preview topic. ;)

Thanks

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It is the most delayed piece of flightsim software ever to be announced. 

LOL well said!

But isn't the Level-D 757 right up there? :lol:

• Upvote 4

vor 9 Stunden , The Dude sagte:

Please try to keep on topic here. This is the CRJ preview topic. ;)

Thanks

give Hans a break - sometimes you just have to get back to the "good ole times" -_-

• Upvote 1