ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview (Released)

oh LNAV the area where things are often problematic, and cause headache in the codes for developers :-) I hope the best

On 2/22/2017 at 1:22 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Well yes and no. Unfortunately Hans was not feeling well last week and had to cancel his trip to our HQ, but the discussion on the Connected Flight Deck is very much related to the CRJ as well as the Airbusses. And Hans is very much a part of that. 

On progress there is little to say. Today Hans was working on the HGS and that starts to look fine, but the simple fact Hans can only work limited time on the CRJ and is on his own is not speeding things up a lot. Note how careful I have become, lol. The first hard fact I will give on a release date will be that is actually IS released. 

Of course P3D V4 and Dovetails FS is very much in our mind. The scene is in for a massive shake-up this year and we simply need to keep that in mind. As an example we do expect dynamic lights in both sims (it is after all 2002 technology) so we will not waste a lot of time on lighting and night textures. They will be as our current busses are (I think that is still very acceptable standards) but for new things we'll wait for the new sims that hopefully will make night textures a nightmare of the past. You simply have no idea how our modelers hate having to work with a graphics engine dated 1992. P3D V3 made some advances with Direct X but that was just making the same thing faster while adding some moderate new features likes cloud shadows. We need a complete overhaul badly. 

Mathijs, What exactly do you mean by "The first hard fact I will give on a release date will be that is actually IS released." I don't know if it's just me and my New Yorker English but the part, "is actually IS released" is confusing me.

vor 39 Minuten, joedepaola sagte:

Mathijs, What exactly do you mean by "The first hard fact I will give on a release date will be that is actually IS released." I don't know if it's just me and my New Yorker English but the part, "is actually IS released" is confusing me.

What's confusing about Mathijs' statement? What he meant is that they will not give any release dates anymore, but will just release the CRJ once it's finished (without announcing a release date in advance). Let's see if this will be in 2017...

Let me answer that for Mathijs, when the CRJ is released you will also know the release date. As you may have noticed it is a bit hard to pin point an exact date. 

A good indication of a pending release is seeing a lot of pictures and videos from various testers posted in this forum. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, joedepaola said:

What exactly do you mean by "The first hard fact I will give on a release date will be that is actually IS released." I don't know if it's just me and my New Yorker English but the part, "is actually IS released" is confusing me.

My friend, please see the link below, which should help to explain.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Let me answer that for Mathijs, when the CRJ is released you will also know the release date. As you may have noticed it is a bit hard to pin point an exact date. 

A good indication of a pending release is seeing a lot of pictures and videos from various testers posted in this forum. 

We've been seeing pictures and videos for years.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

In other news, the reflections on those CRT's look REALLY nice...I wonder how that was done. And the whole cockpit has an interesting "feel" to it with that soft shading effect, sort of like the Airbus X. Not quite sure what to call that effect, but I'm a fan. :lol:

6 hours ago, richcam427 said:

We've been seeing pictures and videos for years.

But not from various beta testers. When the CRJ is close to release the NDA will be lifted and, as with other products, beta testers will post their favourite shots of the product. PMDG, ORBX etc do the same. Nothing new here. 

And with regard to the release problems this CRJ has/had, all has really been said about it here in this topic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Tom A320 said:

That's just the date taken from the Aerosoft shop, which is just a placeholder as we all know.

Ah ok, got excited for a sec haha.  I haven't been to the shop page in a very long time as I do know that date is just a placeholder, so I don't pay it any attention.

vor 12 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

That's just the date taken from the Aerosoft shop, which is just a placeholder as we all know.

Not if it can already be purchased... Currently, there is 15% off to "Vorbesteller", so pre-release purchase. Since when has Aerosoft been offering this sort of pre-release purchase discount?

If it doesn't get released on or around that date, are you not being unfair on your customers, particularly given the history of this aircraft's development?

A

vor 2 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

That offer exists already since August last year ;) 

I have to say that I feel a little sorry for those who have pre-purchased. I have done this only twice and been stung once (airsimmer) and made to wait forever on the second (milviz B350/350i).

I am sure it will be great when it comes out and I am probably likely to buy it, as it fits my time availability for this hobby well, but I will just sit this one out and wait and see...

Thanks

A

• Upvote 2

What gives you the impression, that you would have to "wait for ever" with a pre-order of the CRJ? This is just an offer which comes with a discount. You either take that offer or not. It's totally up to you.

But there is in fact one drawback of this pre-order: you pre-order the box version, which will only be released some time after the download version. So you "buy" the discount with a longer waiting time. 

• Upvote 2

vor 35 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

What gives you the impression, that you would have to "wait for ever" with a pre-order of the CRJ? This is just an offer which comes with a discount. You either take that offer or not. It's totally up to you.

But there is in fact one drawback of this pre-order: you pre-order the box version, which will only be released some time after the download version. So you "buy" the discount with a longer waiting time. 

I have PM'ed you my answer. We are getting off the subject of the CRJ here, so I decided to take this to PM. I am sure you will understand that.

A

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Just curious, why don't you use a date like Dec 31, 2099 so that it does not confuse people?

17 minutes ago, davidchen9568 said:

Just curious, why don't you use a date like Dec 31, 2099 so that it does not confuse people?

Because it would confuse external shop systems. The shop is linked to large retailers all over the world (like Amazon) which require such a date (that's the reason why it's is there in the first place). 

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Because it would confuse external shop systems. The shop is linked to large retailers all over the world (like Amazon) which require such a date (that's the reason why it's is there in the first place). 

Oh that's unfortunate. That's very interesting to know. I thought it was only Aerosoft's system that requires a date entry.

Sorry but that just doesn't make sense. Maybe it has to be in the system but I am pretty sure, that you don't have to show it on your website. That is only your choice. The date itself could very well be just in the background. Amazon is not showing a date either... 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

There is no need to bring this topic up every few weeks, really. The AS system is as it is, a release date given in the shop is nothing else than a placeholder.

The preview topics here are the place to learn about the process of development and if a release is imminent or not.

And this ends the release date discussion,

20 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

My friend, please see the link below, which should help to explain.

Ah ok so he was rediderating. I'm sorry it's just I did it understand what exactly he meant. Thanks for you help as always!