ap1190

Aerosoft (DA) CRJ Preview (Released)

richcam427    132
On 1/7/2017 at 2:02 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Best comment of the week! Follow the snowflake and use the banana bar. 

Of course a Canadian plane would need to follow a snowflake.

I kid, I kid. We love our friends up north!

• Upvote 2

macca22au    2

How very sad, for FSX but not P3D.  Surely there is more than 5000 of us out here to buy.  I would be the first.  I am almost solely a ASoft Airbus user, the A330 will be a welcome addition, but a CRJ for regional flying would be huge.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Tim.S    12
28 minutes ago, macca22au said:

How very sad, for FSX but not P3D.  Surely there is more than 5000 of us out here to buy.  I would be the first.  I am almost solely a ASoft Airbus user, the A330 will be a welcome addition, but a CRJ for regional flying would be huge.

It is for P3d and has been for many years now. 

• Upvote 3

Philip_sim    19

Talking about VatSim/IVAO. I got back into it yesterday and realised just how hard it is to set it up and go through all the website again. 

I enjoy the services very much and know it is free and the big importance it is to our community and am very grateful for that.

But It took me over 1 hour in the sim to prep everything, landing charts, fuel, mcdu setup, weather.... before contacting clearance at EDDF.

The problem I can see is that those who are new and willing to give Online flying a go will be turned off with the setup time and learning curve.

In today's world we only have 1-4 maybe 5 hours a week to squeeze in a hobby when we work, have a family and have to get out of the house for some fresh air even if its against our will :)

My hope is Ivao/Vatsim will become easier to install, signup and fly and hopefully maybe someone like Airline2Sim can do a few episode series on flying online VATSIM/IVAO.

So we can get more flyers on the network who want to do quick hops with a great bird like the CRJ coming online soon.

Airbus X is great as it does allow the use of the co-pilot function and saves us from having to do everything perfectly or remember everything, when all we want to do is fly.

• Upvote 1

iccowan    66
1 hour ago, macca22au said:

As far as I've heard it's going to be for P3D as well like the A330 and A32X...

7 minutes ago, Philip_sim said:

Talking about VatSim/IVAO. I got back into it yesterday and realised just how hard it is to set it up and go through all the website again. 

I enjoy the services very much and know it is free and the big importance it is to our community and am very grateful for that.

But It took me over 1 hour in the sim to prep everything, landing charts, fuel, mcdu setup, weather.... before contacting clearance at EDDF.

The problem I can see is that those who are new and willing to give Online flying a go will be turned off with the setup time and learning curve.

In today's world we only have 1-4 maybe 5 hours a week to squeeze in a hobby when we work, have a family and have to get out of the house for some fresh air even if its against our will :)

My hope is Ivao/Vatsim will become easier to install, signup and fly and hopefully maybe someone like Airline2Sim can do a few episode series on flying online VATSIM/IVAO.

So we can get more flyers on the network who want to do quick hops with a great bird like the CRJ coming online soon.

Airbus X is great as it does allow the use of the co-pilot function and saves us from having to do everything perfectly or remember everything, when all we want to do is fly.

In addition to this, once you get everything set up it moves quicker. I've found after a couple months and about 50hrs on VATSIM flying and 20 controlling (I'm not even that experienced), things move faster the more you do it. The first time it may take a couple of hours to get logged on but once you get everything set up and working it's not all that bad. And I've also found that the planes are not that hard to fly once you figure out how the systems work with each other and make sense of it. It all makes sense and fits in together when you understand the APU bleed is used to start the engines and not just there to be there (like I thought when I first started flying). 

Anyways this post is off topic to back to CRJ discussion!!

• Upvote 1

Mathijs Kok    22527
9 hours ago, macca22au said:

All our products released since early 2016 are for FSX:SP2 / FSX;STEAM and P3d V3.x

CRJ900    272

Looks good! :) However the placement of the crane logo on the "cheek" of the aircraft should be moved a little bit aft, so that it ends just about where the aft window frame ends. Other than that great job!

Geddy_2112    55
13 hours ago, Philip_sim said:

Not sure if you're talking about the Initial setup for the VATSIM/IVAO client or the aircraft. Once your initial setup is done, it's done. I can be up and flying in 5-10 min. mind you I have a little bit more then 50 hrs. but as you said "But It took me over 1 hour in the sim to prep everything, landing charts, fuel, mcdu setup, weather.... before contacting clearance at EDDF." That really has nothing to do with online flying, that's just regular SOP's so I don't see that detouring anyone form joining.

1 hour ago, CRJ900 said:

Looks good! :) However the placement of the crane logo on the "cheek" of the aircraft should be moved a little bit aft, so that it ends just about where the aft window frame ends. Other than that great job!

It does, I think it's just the angle. Looked on mine and It lines up pretty close to the frame.

• Upvote 1

richcam427    132
11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We had to update one included livery as real life was faster then our development, lol.

CRJ900_LHRegional.png

The next two weeks will be slow as Hans is in Austria working on a professional sim.

Sexy.

Seeing as the release was "weeks away" about two weeks ago, shouldn't it be wrapping up for release not too long after he returns? I'm not aware of the state of the aircraft at the present moment of course, but that's judging solely off phrasing and the general optimism that has been shown as of late, which has been encouraging.

Regardless, I've got my fingers crossed hoping that this is out before Valentine's Day, before my girlfriend asks for something. :lol:

• Upvote 4

Legacy650    16
2 hours ago, richcam427 said:

Sexy.

Seeing as the release was "weeks away" about two weeks ago, shouldn't it be wrapping up for release not too long after he returns? I'm not aware of the state of the aircraft at the present moment of course, but that's judging solely off phrasing and the general optimism that has been shown as of late, which has been encouraging.

Regardless, I've got my fingers crossed hoping that this is out before Valentine's Day, before my girlfriend asks for something. :lol:

Worst case, just tell your girlfriend to get you the CRJ for Valentine's Day. ;)

• Upvote 2

richcam427    132
5 hours ago, Legacy650 said:

Worst case, just tell your girlfriend to get you the CRJ for Valentine's Day. ;)

I've got a better chance of the CRJ coming out yesterday than that. :D

• Upvote 3

Legacy650    16
8 hours ago, richcam427 said:

I've got a better chance of the CRJ coming out yesterday than that. :D

Haha How right you are!

Mathijs Kok    22527

As I explained Hans (the main dev at this point) is working on a real sim in Austria at this moment, so not a lot of progress now. He'll be back next week.

• Upvote 1

jetkid    17
12 hours ago, richcam427 said:

Well, it's not like it was news. It was posted on the last page.

Didn't miss that at all. Just decided to say that if you don't mind. Thanks richcam427 :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

joedepaola    31
7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

How many people here use REX WXR?

I don't think very many. The main ones right now are AS16 and ASN. From what I know REX WXR is only used for a few planes while asn or as16 is required on multiple aircraft and is a must have utility.

• Upvote 1