Lukla X Runway problems

DrDeath

Hi everyone. First i have to say that the Lukla X scenery looks amazing! I have this problem though.... The runway looks like this when i re-enter from i.e VNPL airport. (see attached picture)

Any solutions to this?

Edit:

I have a fairly potent machine, so all my sliders are maxed out. I run FSX Acceleration, and Vista 32bit.

System:

Intel Core2 Duo E8600 / Asus P5Q PRO @ 3.8Ghz

Gainward GTX280

OCZ 4GB Ram

Logitech G940

Samsung T240 24"

post-30310-126816937827_thumb.jpg

This is my settings ingame.

I do not have installed right now Lukla in my PC, but i remenber that you need to have a specific setting for this addon, read the manual and you will find the solution. I was looking for the manual in my computer to give you the exact info, but i founde that i did not install lukla after my last FSX installation.:blush:

Well, the manual states that mesh resolution should be set to 19m. I have tried that as well, but with the same result. i can not find anything else in the manual regarding the graphics...

sorry i cant help (dont have luklaX), but i have to say it looks really funny....

(Btw to me it looks like some other (default?) scenery is overlapping ontop of the sloping (? - looks like it) runway at Lukla.)

(Btw to me it looks like some other (default?) scenery is overlapping ontop of the sloping (? - looks like it) runway at Lukla.)

In fact, Lukla's runway in FSX is like a very thin curved sheet. You can see it if you go under your plane in external view mode. The textures that are below it are a bit worse as they're not made to be seen by the user... What you see on the picture (the hill) is these textures applied on a higher Mesh.

It should not be set to 19m or less, but exactly to 19m. Looking at the screenshots you've attached in your second post, it is not...

As i stated earlier, i have also tried to set the mesh @ 19m. Same result... Only other addon scenery i have is Ultimate Terrain Europe. I cant see how that should affect the Lukla scenery, as Nepal is far away from Europe?

Hello DrDeath,

This is from the FAQs at the shop.

Ok, here we see again how strange FS can be... :-(

Looks like FSX can´t handle the AFCAD entry for Lukla, but only if you fly in from as far as Kathmandu or more.

All you can do is one of the following solutions:

Solution 1

Save the flight shortly before arriving Lukla, close FSX and load it again. The mesh issue will most certainly be gone.

Solution 2

Look for the file AF2_VNL2.bgl in the folder FSXAerosoftLukla - Mt. EverestLuklaXScenery and rename it to AF2_VNL2.off to deactivate it. After that is done you can´t choose the airport anymore from the airport menu. You have to choose it from the saved flights. There is one flight situation (named Lukla_Start) that puts you on the apron in a Caravan, at exactly the same position where the airport selection would put you.

Doing this you won´t see the mesh issue ever again but you would have to change to your preferred aircraft, daytime and weather AFTER you started the flight.

Not the best solution though but the best way to cheat FSX to display a sloped asphalt runway like Lukla's without any problems. Sorry for that, but we can't do anything about something hardcoded in FSX.

arrow_green.gif

Thank you for the quick reply. I will try this tonight.

But this means that you only can use the Lukla airport when you load it as a saved flight, and that means that you never can load a flight from i.e VNPL, and land at Lukla.... Thats a shame.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. First i have to say that the Lukla X scenery looks amazing! I have this problem though.... The runway looks like this when i re-enter from i.e VNPL airport. (see attached picture)

Any solutions to this?

Edit:

I have a fairly potent machine, so all my sliders are maxed out. I run FSX Acceleration, and Vista 32bit.

System:

Intel Core2 Duo E8600 / Asus P5Q PRO @ 3.8Ghz

Gainward GTX280

OCZ 4GB Ram

Logitech G940

Samsung T240 24"

Hi I just got it today and it is very good. You have to go to your scenery library and put: Lukla-Mount Everest #1 on the list then Lukla- Mount Everest LC #2 on the list. Should work then.

• Upvote 2