AES 2.06 FIX 1

OPabst

• Developer

In AES 2.06 two small issues will be fix here:

1.) Error while activating UK2000 EGCC Manchester

The installer of Manchester xtreme add the path for the scenery with two backslashes (\\) into the scenery.cfg, which generate a error while AEShelp try to copy the AES files.

AEShelp now can handle this issue.

2.) In Menorca X double jetways and safegates are visible

In FSX the excludes for the jetways don't work correct and the safegates will be shown

double text. This is fix with this patch.

The Installer of AES 2.06 is on this Fixlevel since 1 March 10:30 AM MET!

• 1 month later...

I have installed UK2000 Manchester Xtreme and the V1.2 update into FS9 and it works fine without AES. I changed the options to allow use of AES and downloaded the fix but cannot use AES as it indicated the scenery not installed or activated. I get AES error messages "AES has detected a newscenerycfg in the virtual store. this can generate problems with sceneries" and "should AES copy to the FS Main Path Yes/No and The Vistamare folder does not exist-do you want to create it? Yes/No and if you click Yes it says the file name is too long. Whatever I try I cannot activate Manchester in AES as it is telling me every time its not installed!!!!! Very frustrating as AES is the only reason I updated to EGCC xtreme. Any ideas please? I have uninstalled and reinstalled UK2000 but not tried an uninstall of AES yet.I am using Windows 7and have to add scenery manually to get it to show in the Scenery Library.

Well I don't believe it!!!! After all my experimenting I logged on tonight and there and behold EGCC was in the AES active list. Don't know how I did it but Hey Ho lets fly!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well unfortunatly I am not so fortunate. EGCC is activated within the scenery.cfg - no double \\ and AES updated/repair/sync/save...etc. Still it does not show in AES. Ideas?

greetings

Martin

• Developer

Well unfortunatly I am not so fortunate. EGCC is activated within the scenery.cfg - no double \\ and AES updated/repair/sync/save...etc. Still it does not show in AES. Ideas?

greetings

Martin

Did you have the newest Version of EGCC installed?

• 1 month later...

I have just installed Menorca X in FSX and i have double jetways, i have just downloaded AES to ensure i have the correct version and they still are double

Why is this?

Thanks

Simon

• Developer

I have just installed Menorca X in FSX and i have double jetways, i have just downloaded AES to ensure i have the correct version and they still are double

Why is this?

Thanks

Simon

Can you please check, that AES Basepack is above the Menorca Scenery in the Library List and that AESHelp will not show any error/warning on startup

Can you please check, that AES Basepack is above the Menorca Scenery in the Library List and that AESHelp will not show any error/warning on startup

Yes AES is at the top of the Libary with Menorca under it and i dont recieve any errors on start up

• Developer

Can you please press the "Resync/Repair" Button below the Airportlist in AEShelp and try it again.

Hello,

New AES user here. [/newbiealert]

I'm trying to get AES working with UK 2000 Manchester scenery and AES isn't seeing the install.

• I'm using the March 1 2010 version of AES. It's set at the topmost scenery level.
  • The Manchester scenery is installed and works well.
  • In the UK2000 Options, I selected "Make compatible with AES."
  • As for the Manchester install path, I've tried with both the single backslash and double backslash in the scenery.cfg file.
  • I've tried editing the scenery name from "... Xtreme" to "... xtreme" as that's the case noted in the AES error box.
  • After any change I make, I press "Resync/Repair" in AES.
  • AES recognizes other installed sceneries - just not Manchester Xtreme. (I've installed the UK 2000 Heathrow demo scenery as an additional test, and AES recognizes that.)
  • I'm running FSX SP2, Vista 64.

I've attached a screenshot of my Scenery Settings with the AES message that I receive.

Thanks,

post-31550-127520211457_thumb.jpg