Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Update : 30-10-2010

Today I will start beta testing the taxiway signs.

Bear in mind that I am using the FSX version of Schiphol.

Asking for your help :

What I would like you to ask is to give me info about where they are missing and/or with wrong info.

In this way we can be sure that I check all of them.

I have no idea where the signs are in the real world. But what I most miss are the signs which leads into the ramp when taxiing on A clockwise and on B counterclockwise. The standard FSX has signs there and I am sure the real Schiphol too. Happy to hear there is something in work.

Just flew my first flight with the new scenery! Great work guys! But one thing that annoyes me is that I can't use the North, South, West or East AFCAD. Just the default one :(. Anyone has a solution?

If you use the FSX version you can delete them all and only use Auto Afcad Updater.

That utility checks the winddirection online and installes the correct Afcad file.

Also the Afcad files are very much improved over the default ones.

Fs9 I do not have installed, so with that I cannot help you.

TIP : It would be nice I someone has a question to tell which version is being used , Fs9 or FSX.

Boxed product is out.

Does this mean that the Mega Amsterdam for FSX is being finalized?

I did not see any updates in the download page....

Can anyone answer this very simple question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 25 pages on this post you would think someone from Aerosoft would give an answer.

After getting fantastic support from other addon forums(PMDG for one), the support and information for this paticular product on this forum is disgraceful!!!! I have been waiting for weeks for an answer and my patience has ended.

Andrew Dixon

:mad:

Have you tried the search facility?????

Looking at the posts it would seem people are using the FSX version....so I guess it's out - I haven't got round to EHAM yet but it's on my list.

This would suggest it too http://www.forum.aer...howtopic=36365.

Where's the problem....!

EDIT: If you seek you shall find.....looking at the Shop section it states BOXED version 2004-FSX

.......And the download is V1.03....released versions are V.1 and updates are V.whatever.

Maybe you are not having a response because the answer is right there before your eyes

Good day.

Have you tried the search facility?????

Looking at the posts it would seem people are using the FSX version....so I guess it's out - I haven't got round to EHAM yet but it's on my list.

This would suggest it too http://www.forum.aer...howtopic=36365.

Where's the problem....!

EDIT: If you seek you shall find.....looking at the Shop section it states BOXED version 2004-FSX

.......And the download is V1.03....released versions are V.1 and updates are V.whatever.

Maybe you are not having a response because the answer is right there before your eyes

Good day.

Are you serious!

I realize the FSX version is out I have it, the problem being if you searched through this topic properly a lot of individuals are asking the same question. 26 pages of it. I have version 1, on the download page it is now 1.03. What's the difference what has been fixed. No one knows because there is no list of updated fixes with the download. Is this the final version-nobody seems to know. Several people have upgraded to 1.03 to report no changes from version 1.

So the answer is not right before my eyes and I suggest you keep your sarcastic and ill informed comments to yourself.

Good day yourself

Andrew don't get so frustrated....

Just note that it is Octoberfest season all around Germany, so I presume Aerosoft team is paying more attention to the "bier und wurst" instead...

I surely hope Mr. Fletcher who is proving to be a dedicated professional in these forums to keep us up to date once the fest is over...

• Upvote 1

Are you serious!

I realize the FSX version is out I have it, the problem being if you searched through this topic properly a lot of individuals are asking the same question. 26 pages of it. I have version 1, on the download page it is now 1.03. What's the difference what has been fixed. No one knows because there is no list of updated fixes with the download. Is this the final version-nobody seems to know. Several people have upgraded to 1.03 to report no changes from version 1.

So the answer is not right before my eyes and I suggest you keep your sarcastic and ill informed comments to yourself.

Good day yourself

On page 25 I already wrote :

Simply said :

the latest versions have the 2 modified files from Oliver included.

And because he has improved them a few times for Fs9 it is v1.13 instead of v1.1 and for FSX v1.03 instead of v1.00.

What Oliver has done is also in this long thread, but to make it more easy he solved :

1 the low framerate at night

2 the bleedthrough

And because he finetuned them a few times the last version are v1.13 and 1.03.

Also at page 25 you can read that I was beta testing all extra added taxiway signs and I reported that the missing radartower had been added.

I even posted 2 screenshots.

So with all that info you were able to conclude that Dreamfactory is working hard on the update.

Modifying such an immense scenery is not something that can be done in a few days....

Ps :

Attached 2 screenshots I made this morning to show you the framerate I am getting. This is with UTX, GE Eu, MyTraffic 5.3, REX textures and ASE for weather engine( only last screenshot ).Also many other addons installed.

I use 3 26"lcd screens for outside view !

This is taken in Slew mode.

One Fs friend of mine, who also bought Schiphol, suffered also from low framerate.

A couple of weeks ago we reinstalled Windows 7, tuned it according to Nicks guide ( and some of my suggestions ) , reinstalled FSX according to Nick's guide ( and again some of my suggeswtions ) and then one addon after the other.

After each install we defragged with O&O.

It took whole day, but he is able to run Schiphol X now with at 15-22 framerate with the same settings that I use , but his pc is only 3.2Mhz Quadcore.

Before he got a max of 11 fps...

And he is also using 3 screens for outside view.

My point is that with all features in this scenery every peace of hardware must me be optimal configured and all software dito.

post-10211-031810800 1286261332_thumb.jp

post-10211-049191400 1286261342_thumb.jp

Are you serious!

Good day yourself

:) YEP!

Looks like I misunderstood what you were being so frustrated about - I guess 'FINALISED' threw me, btw no software is ever finalised, it's always a stream of fixes until they give up the ghost and move on ......

V1 to V1.03 - with no update information, Uuummm!!....I'm not going to wade through 26 pages as I have things to do with my time. So I hope you get your solution soon.

Hello Andrew,

When its released in the boxed version this normally means its stable enough to be released on the box without issues.

As for updates this does not mean that no more will be done for both download or boxed version.

Also if Amsterdam as only just been released in Box format how can you have been waiting weeks to find an an answer to a post that was done only this week.

Hello Andrew,

When its released in the boxed version this normally means its stable enough to be released on the box without issues.

As for updates this does not mean that no more will be done for both download or boxed version.

Also if Amsterdam as only just been released in Box format how can you have been waiting weeks to find an an answer to a post that was done only this week.

Shaun,

One of your customers noticed on the 10th of September the version on the downloads page of his account had changed to 1.03. Since then questions regarding the changes incorporated in this version have been basically ignored. Shaun, there has been complete confusion which is evident with the posts on this scenery , 26 pages. I am not the only one asking the questions.

Regards

Andrew

If I have followed along correctly, the only update forthcoming is more taxiway signs. Is this correct?

Not correct !

I wrote that Dreamfactory is working hard on the twsigns ( looks very good now ) and that the missing radar tower had been added.

Beside that they are working on more issues.

Shaun,

One of your customers noticed on the 10th of September the version on the downloads page of his account had changed to 1.03. Since then questions regarding the changes incorporated in this version have been basically ignored. Shaun, there has been complete confusion which is evident with the posts on this scenery , 26 pages. I am not the only one asking the questions.

Regards

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Guenther did come on the forum on the 21st of September and mention what was in the update here.

It took me that long to get him out of his hidey hole :)

Hello Andrew,

Guenther did come on the forum on the 21st of September and mention what was in the update here.

It took me that long to get him out of his hidey hole :)

Okay, thanks Shaun, can I run the 1.03 installer over the 1.00 version or am I better to delete and reinstall new version?

Andrew Dixon

Thanks.

Your issue has been forwarded to the developer for correction.

Ps : could you tell is next which version you are using ? Fs9 or FSX.

This is in Fs9 sir. Latest version. 1.03? or something like that.

Gerard,

How goes testing?

Dreamfactorystudio has already sent the update to Aerosoft for testing.

What exactly has been included I do not know.

Of coarse the things I mentioned at page 26.

Because there was not a fastfood restaurant near rw 27 I created one. This is a spottersplace for many where you can eat/drink too.

In the Extra scenery file there are also extra trees near the Spottersplace.

Also I have placed many extra trees near the Polderbaan.

If you like it feel free to download the Extra scenery here.

If you do not have a high end machine you can also choose the light version of the Spottersplace alone here.

post-10211-038892400 1287477889_thumb.jp

post-10211-063080200 1287504060_thumb.jp