Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Aerosoft Airbus X

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
1185 replies to this topic

#1 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Forum Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 14:57

POPULAR POST!

The project is clearly positioned between the default Airbus and the far more complex (and more expensive) models from other development teams. Like the real Airbus usability and transparent, easy to use systems were the main focus, all packaged is some of the best modeling ever shown in an FSX addon. As it is easy on framerates and not overly complex, it is ideal for online flights where workload can be high.

• FSX only (no FS2004 version possible)
  • Very high end modeling and texturing (we think it is the most detailed airliner to date)
  • As much as possible default FSX functions so external products and hardware can use it
  • A320 and A321 models, 8 liveries (for sure Air Berlin, Air France, Alitalia, Iberia etc, many more available as free downloads)
  • CFM and IAE engines (though the flight model and displays are based on the CFM)
  • Highly detailed VC with extended animations and sounds
  • Full FSX external sound set (sound cones etc)
  • Easy on FPS
  • Full animation of all doors and flight surfaces
  • External objects like chocks, traffic cones, GPSU (all compatible with AES of course)
  • Possible to save the state of EVERY system in the aircraft, not just the default systems (over 400 items saved!)
  • Fully support FSX failure, time acceleration modes and shared cockpit.
  • Highly extensive, innovative lighting system (really lights up the scenery, so you can taxi in the dark)
  • Very advanced paint kit
  • Extended manuals with step by step guide
  • Special support forum
  • Release March 2010 in download, few weeks later for the box
  • Expected price around 32 Euro plus VAT when applicable.
We are not yet giving a full list of features for the systems as we don't know all of it at this moment. But let me give out some things.
The systems are modeled in such a way that the full experience of flying a highly automated aircraft is achievable for pilots with limited time or experience.

• PFD and ND are very realistic (most likely not with terrain display as that kills FPS like little else and no weather radar as it is never realistic)
  • Full TCAS system included
  • Engine display is very realistic (CFM engine simulated)
  • Systems display is near perfectly simulated within normal operation
  • Everything on the glareshield is solidly simulated
  • FADEC and FBW systems are better then we expected, rather good actually (so you won't be using the throttle a lot)
  • All normal Flight Control Laws are used and will prevent any out of control flight (High AOA Protection, Load Factor Limitation, Pitch Attitude Protection, High Speed Protection, Flight Augmentation (Yaw), Bank Angle Protection)
  • Engines are very realistic (apart from the nagging fuel burn issues when you fly at very low or very high cost settings, we don't care a lot actually about that)
  • GPWS is very good
  • Startup from a fully cold aircraft fully realistic
So this leaves you with an aircraft that is totally flyable. Pretty high end all over and looking extremely good. The FMGS is simplified in this version (we might do a more complex version later if there is demand for that). Apart from the pages that are more or less faked because it is a simulation (like startup pages, IRS etc) you will have

• Fully updatable nav database
  • Full option to do the flight planning (airport, runway, waypoints, cruise altitude) and the option to change these things in flight
  • Radio page
  • Aircraft page
  • Selected Nav page
  • Lateral Flight planning (allowing to enter flight plan, airport, runways, waypoints, cruise alt, SIDs & STARs not used)
  • Simplified Performance page
  • Simplified vertical navigation
It is likely this project will be extended to a more complex version (in systems) summer 2010. The extended version will include more complex versions of the systems we left out of this product that has ease of use as it's main goal. We can not give any details on this extended version at this moment.

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.png

#2 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 15:09

POPULAR POST!

VC images. All these images (made by Nick) show the current alpha version. It is NOT complete, for example the Nav display in not yet inserted at this moment.

Posted Image

Attached File(s)

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.png

#3 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 15:32

POPULAR POST!

Some shots of the external model

Posted Image

Attached File(s)

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#4 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 15:35

Gentlemen, myladies,

I closed the previous topic as it was very long and rather polluted with posts that had little to do with the project. I kindly request you not to posts to many 'looks great', 'can you posts more screenshots' etc messages. I would like to keep this rather short and on topic if possible.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#5 Miguel Santos

Miguel Santos

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 15:47

Superb!

Sir Mathijs,

I don't know if it was asked before but, will this bus have airac support from navigraph?

Cheers!
Miguel Santos

i7 4770k, Asus Z87-Pro, G.Skill 8GB 1866, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 OC, RME Baby Face, WD 1TB Caviar Blue, LG IPS277L-BN 27"

#6 ABird

ABird

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 16:00

GREAT ! The best A32S AddOn I've ever seen :)
Beste Grüße / Best Regards,
Lukas :)

FSX-Only User

Aerosoft Cusco X & Larnaca X Beta Tester

#7 limp

limp

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 16:03

Fully updatable nav database

I guess so, I see this changed and now it's a sure buy for me ! Great work the model looks excellent and the VC is great as well !
Congrats on your work and good luck with the polishing ;)

One little question will there be a 2D pop up of the FMS ? I like to put that on my tactile screen... Crossing fingers ;)
Posted Image
Win 7 64 bit PRO
ASUS P67 Pro
iCore 7 2600K@3.8 GHZ
4*2 giga Corsair Dominator GT 1600 DDR3
Asus GTX560ti
Crucial M4 256 gig for 7 and FSX
Logitech Z-10
Illuminated keyboard
MX Revolution
Asus 27 inch
Track IR 4 Pro + Track clip pro
Logitech G940
Saitek Rudder pedals
Saitek Panels

#8 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 16:10

I don't know if it was asked before but, will this bus have airac support from navigraph?

We will use the default (no specific) format from Navigraph. So you will just be able to copy the new database without any fuss. No special formats.
We expect a small minority of users will actually update, but we did not want to make it impossible.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#9 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 16:11

One little question will there be a 2D pop up of the FMS ? I like to put that on my tactile screen... Crossing fingers ;)

If you do not expect the full graphics of the bezel etc I think that can be done. We got it now as test. Might be we'll not include that in the build but we can help you edit the panel file for that.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#10 Miguel Santos

Miguel Santos

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 16:12

Thank you sir for your answer!

Looking forward to crash this amazing bird!

Cheers!
Miguel Santos

We will use the default (no specific) format from Navigraph. So you will just be able to copy the new database without any fuss. No special formats.
We expect a small minority of users will actually update, but we did not want to make it impossible.

i7 4770k, Asus Z87-Pro, G.Skill 8GB 1866, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 OC, RME Baby Face, WD 1TB Caviar Blue, LG IPS277L-BN 27"

#11 SF22

SF22

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 16:26

I'm not sure if it has been asked but are the interior lights multi-staged? And is it possible to change the colour of the FCU numbers?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 flightpassion

flightpassion

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 16:43

WOW, this is looking fantastic! ^_^ Mathijs, could we get a video of the Airbus in VC view lining up with the runway and going through a standard takeoff? Would love to hear how real it sounds to the real thing!

I really can't wait, wow,

James W.

#13 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 17:25

I'm not sure if it has been asked but are the interior lights multi-staged? And is it possible to change the colour of the FCU numbers?

No and no. Nice feature for sure but one of those things a customer does one time (full sunlight or a moonless night does not change the readability of part of the screen in FS after all, right?) and never again. If you allow me to say so, it's something that looks good on a feature list, but having seen hundreds of customers over the years using our products these things are simply not used.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#14 Kirill

Kirill

Private

• _Members
  • 1 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 17:28

Dear Mathijs! The external parameters I think this will be the best airbus, but I'm sure that many like me will be happy to get a more advanced fms, since there was already a default airbus for children who can arrange to vote for a more advanced system? Or make additions later ...
Sincerely Kirill!

#15 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 17:38

Dear Mathijs! The external parameters I think this will be the best airbus, but I'm sure that many like me will be happy to get a more advanced fms, since there was already a default airbus for children who can arrange to vote for a more advanced system? Or make additions later ...
Sincerely Kirill!

Well why don't you load the default Airbus and start to compare what I posted and what that one has to offer? Might save you buying this one, though I am sure you'll soon see the fault in your logic. Now we are considering a more advanced FMCS (no FMS in an Airbus as it does a lot more then in a Boeing) but the commercial market for those things is very small. We'll see, nothing planned right now.

You can always look at the Airsimmers bus. They do go very deep into the systems and while things are still a lot in the air, they also say they will make a version for FSX.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#16 Guest_inbrekers1_*

Guest_inbrekers1_*
  • _Guests

Posted 26 January 2010 - 17:48

It's looking brilliant.

This might have been axked before but will all the lights be 3D lights or just the landing lights?

#17 awf

awf

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 17:51

Some shots of the external model

Why is the alpha channel white and not gray values used?
If that is due to the choice of the transparent windows that should only hold for FS9
in FSX that's not a problem anymore ;-)

VC is stunning stuff :-)

Cheers,

André

#18 Miguel Santos

Miguel Santos

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 17:52

Once again, don't know if it have been asked before.

Will it feature Cost Index, Flex Temp and other take off data like V1, Vr and V2?

Sorry if it have been asked before.

Cheers!
Miguel Santos

#19 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:04

It's looking brilliant.

This might have been axked before but will all the lights be 3D lights or just the landing lights?

Define 3d lights please? Do we have the lights modeled in 3d, sure.
You mean landing lights that light up objects (like only one other addon does as far as we know), sure! Most other lights will be effects like in all other addons. Not a lot you can do there.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#20 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:07

Will it feature Cost Index, Flex Temp and other take off data like V1, Vr and V2?
Miguel Santos

a bit, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#21 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:10

Nice but have the feeling of going back to FS2002 lol no alpha channel?

Not sure we understand what you mean. You see no glass in the windows? I see them. Of course we use alpha channel.
As always transparencies are highly depending on the GPU and drivers but I see them.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#22 Miguel Santos

Miguel Santos

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:16

Thanks for your quick answer sir. One last for today, at the current Beta Version, how well does this plane fly an hold?

Edit: Forgot to ask another one. Back to Wilco, when performing an auto-land it touchdown like a brick lol, how smooth is Aerosoft one?

Cheers!
Miguel Santos

a bit, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

#23 Guest_AngelsAndAirwaves_*

Guest_AngelsAndAirwaves_*
  • _Guests

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:17

the texture on the sidestick isnt ready yet or? :D

#24 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:22

Thanks for your quick answer sir. One last one for today, at the current Beta Version, how well does this plane fly an hold?

You give it side stick until you get the bank angle you want. Let go off the stick and it stays in that bank, 100% stable.
When you want to end the turn, side stick to the other side until you get zero bank and let go of the stick, 100% stable.

We do not have the FMGS fly holdings, HUGELY complex stuff as you got to handle and entrees etc. Perhaps in the more advanced version.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#25 Kwiss

Kwiss

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:22

Not sure we understand what you mean. You see no glass in the windows? I see them. Of course we use alpha channel.
As always transparencies are highly depending on the GPU and drivers but I see them.

The window reflections look great and not too imposing (like the defaults) One thing I'm interested to know is how this Bus taxi's? Most Jet aircraft I find hard to keep rolling without moving the thrust every minute, I may be wrong and this is documented in FSX itself, but a little thrust and then back to idle should keep things rolling, does this Bus taxi well? 

#26 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:23

the texture on the sidestick isnt ready yet or? :D

That will stay as it is.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#27 Ourgas

Ourgas

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:25

Mathijs,
Sorry, which is the default format? Does it support sids, stars, approaches, etc?

Christos

#28 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:26

The window reflections look great and not too imposing (like the defaults) One thing I'm interested to know is how this Bus taxi's? Most Jet aircraft I find hard to keep rolling without moving the thrust every minute, I may be wrong and this is documented in FSX itself, but a little thrust and then back to idle should keep things rolling, does this Bus taxi well?

Mwahhhh. Better then the default, but not great. FSX is just not great in that aspect. There are options to overwrite this a bit but that's only possible if you fully replace the engine modeling from FSX to the model. That makes it far more demanding on hardware and incompatible with a lot of addon tools and hardware. Actually taxi is not to bad with a fully loaded bus.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#29 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 29748 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:29

Mathijs,
Sorry, which is the default format? Does it support sids, stars, approaches, etc?

Christos

You will not be able to pick SIDs and STARs, that is way beyond the level of customer we got in mind for this. Of course you can pick the waypoints to 'make' the sid or star.
I keep saying, think of something between the default Airbus and what Airsimmers promises to deliver and you got the right idea.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#30 sameermankame8960

sameermankame8960

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:34

Hi Mathijs, GR8 work. Can’t wait to get my hands on this beauty. I am working as a A.M.E for Air India on AIRBUS A319, A320 and A321. Sorry if this has been asked before. Will the Upper ECAM display have "EPR" parameter for IAE engines? That’s all. I wish the entire aerosoft team all the best

Thanking You

#31 Guest_inbrekers1_*

Guest_inbrekers1_*
  • _Guests

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:36

Define 3d lights please? Do we have the lights modeled in 3d, sure.
You mean landing lights that light up objects (like only one other addon does as far as we know), sure! Most other lights will be effects like in all other addons. Not a lot you can do there.

I meant the type of lights like Lotussim did on their L39. I think those lights really are amazing stuff. They look very realistic.

#32 PH-BQG

PH-BQG

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:53

You will not be able to pick SIDs and STARs, that is way beyond the level of customer we got in mind for this.
I keep saying, think of something between the default Airbus and what Airsimmers promises to deliver and you got the right idea.

So we will not be able to pick SIDs and STARs, but to which extent will we be able to enter waypoints into the MCDU? In other words, will the default format of the database contain all the fixes required as to manually insert the SID / STAR?
Best wishes,
Alex

#33 yurob70

yurob70

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:57

Mathjas the Exterior Model is Nice,but how many buttons will clickable you think in the Aerosoft X product.and if more than 63 buttons are clickable and work in the Aerosoft X in the overhead panel i buy it(63 buttons are clickable and work in the overhead of wilco).And my question that never gonna answered wil it have Turkish Airlines Livery????

#34 fratfw

fratfw

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 19:01

Sorry Mathijs ,
I didn't see the answer regarding hold and a more complex MCDU!
Already answered ....please think in the future also at the more complex version :-)
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people could also pay more for that :-)

Thanks again for your great job!

Fra

#35 awf

awf

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 19:06

I mean non reflective textures ;-)
There isn't an alpha channel (which would be odd) or it's not used with values other then white ;-)
That was how it looked before FS2004 lol

Cheers,

André

#36 limp

limp

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 19:15

Hi Matijs,
just wondering if Sid, Star, Hold and other advanced function of MCDU could be implemended in future release of this product, or they could be part of and advanced and separate project?

Regards

Fra

Hi Fra,
It was explained in the last topic that you would be able to enter the points manually... That's fine by me, and if one day we get an advanced version it will be even better ;)

Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Posted Image
Win 7 64 bit PRO
ASUS P67 Pro
iCore 7 2600K@3.8 GHZ
4*2 giga Corsair Dominator GT 1600 DDR3
Asus GTX560ti
Crucial M4 256 gig for 7 and FSX
Logitech Z-10
Illuminated keyboard
MX Revolution
Asus 27 inch
Track IR 4 Pro + Track clip pro
Logitech G940
Saitek Rudder pedals
Saitek Panels

#37 fratfw

fratfw

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 19:22

Hi Fra,
It was explained in the last topic that you would be able to enter the points manually... That's fine by me, and if one day we get an advanced version it will be even better Posted Image

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yes Limp,
Thanks....I miss the post and now I've changed it!

I Agree with you !

Regards

#38 marf

marf

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 20:30

I would like to keep this rather short and on topic if possible.

I know I know, but... it simply looks amazing! Great job, I can't wait to see it on my machine!!!
Regards, Martin

Posted Image

#39 MatthewS

MatthewS

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 20:47

The FMGS is simplified in this version (we might do a more complex version later if there is demand for that).

Yes please do an advanced version! AirSimmer wont release their advanced version until 2011 (if at all) IMHO so you have plenty of time to enhance the basic version.

I'll happily buy the basic version and advanced version!

Are you planning of doing more Airbus models like the A330 and A340? Surely you can reuse a lot of the code amongst these products?
Kind regards, MatthewS

#40 LPPT_man

LPPT_man

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 Posts:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 22:03

Its looking absolutely amazing.

One small detail i noticed... the autopilot buttons backlight seems too red for me... maybe its because of beeing a alpha version...

All the rest is just perfect. Uve done a marvelous modeling job.

I hope the systems are enough to get some joy even being a more hardcore simmer.

Posted Image

Regards

P.S.: I know its a A340.. lol... but backlights are all the same.

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users