True cumulus for thermals

Dreeew

Hi Dreew,

The absence of thermals with real weather in certain WX conditions is intentional, because it is reality. If you want thermals everywhere by sure, then go to FSX WX menu, set clear skies first, then go to user defined weather and select a cumulus layer "globally" (but not overcast). You may also leave clear skies and select CumulusX! option "Unblue".

I will not change the WX algorithm in CumulusX! at this time, since it would affect all users, regardless if they apply deep changes in their FSX configuration or not. The consequence would by a huge pile of support requests from people who do not understand why something does not work as expected. It would also destryo the "reality".

Nevertheless, you may design equally an "empty" cumulus.cld definition and have the FSX weather machine use that. Then put your stratus layer 1 m higher than that and you will have thermals as usual. This is a way for using FSX stratus as cumulus fake clouds, invisible FSX cumulus clouds, and CumulusX! still making thermals.

regards,

Peter

Hello Dreeew, I thought I'd devote a little time to see if I could overcome the translucent cloud problem with other clouds instead of being translucent with all background textures. But I've ended up racking a lot of hours (days) into it, with nothing to show for it, though a few times I thought I had it fixed. I know I've come across this problem before with translucent textures, twice to my recollection. But I still have not uncovered the source of the problem. Anyway, just thought I'd help out if I could. There may still be a few more things I can try, but nobody get your hopes up.

Scott