Scenery Request

Tom Knudsen

Thank you for all your product, amazing work

I would like to recommend the following airport to you.

This airport is most wanted as it never has been made before and is a good large airport

that are both international and of good standard and quality.

This airport is:

lkpr.gif

AIRPORT PRAGUE - RUZYNE INTL.

>> ABOUT THE AIRPORT

Ruzyne-Prague Airport is a modern and spacious international airport located on the northwest edge of Prague and around 17 km north of the city. All international flights arrive here (there is no other civil airport in Prague). However, Prague has three other small airports and several landing areas for helicopters, located at airports and in hospital compounds. The journey from the airport to the city centre takes around 25 - 30 minutes, or around 50 minutes by public transport. Since the new terminal 2 was opened, new facilities have increased and passenger comfort has also been improved, with new conference rooms and other spaces, for example for VIP and business clients, or for those travelling with children etc. There are several ways of travelling to the airport - car, bus, taxi or minibus. Overall, Prague Airport is a comfortable, clean, and easy place to use and find your way around. More info about airport HERE.

>> FLIGHTS TO PRAGUE

Prague's Ruzyne Airport handles around 250 flights a day and is used by approximately fifty carriers who operate direct connections, scheduled and charter, to 103 destinations around the world, making this airport immense. Up to 1.2 million people a month use the airport - around the same number of people who live in Prague itself. This year the airport authorities are expecting a record 11 million passengers, making Prague one of Europe's busier airports. Based on the number of passengers passing through the terminals, Ruzyne is now among the top 30 airports in Europe. Its popularity has been boosted by the number of budget airlines now benefiting from Prague's location in central Europe. These companies now link Prague with 13 cities in Europe. For instance, 16 flights a day leave for London alone.

>> AIRPORT AUTHORITY

Airports in the Czech Republic are operated by the Czech Airports Authority, which is a state enterprise. The largest Prague Airport carrier is Czech Airlines (CSA).

airport-02.gif

After going through passport control you will come to the arrival lobby, where you can find the tourist information desks. These operate 24/7. The friendly staff, who all speak English and German, will assist you with all your questions regarding the airport or getting around. We recommend you pick up the free city map offered there. There are also other desks at the airport where you can arrange car hire, book a hotel or rent a mobile phone.

airport-03.gif

The airport has restaurants, VIP lounges, conference and congress rooms, several travel and accommodation agencies and a post office. Cafés and bars are located at Pier A and Pier B of the North Terminal, near immigration, and a food court is provided between the arrival and departure halls. A restaurant in Terminal 2 also provides refreshment. Business persons will appreciate the airline lounges situated in Terminal 1, on the first floor, with a meeting room provided. The airport also offers three private conference rooms and a press room in the VIP facilities of Terminal 1. A foil baggage wrapping service is available at the entrance for just 3 euros per item.

airport-04.gif

In both terminals the arrival hall and departure hall are next to each other, on the same level.

Prague Airport Terminals (see where you arrive/ depart)

Terminal 1 - Inter-Continental flights including flights to the United Kingdom, Ireland, North America (USA, Canada), Middle-East, Africa and Asia

Terminal 2 - Flights within the EU Schengen Agreement member countries and other European destinations.

Terminal 3 - Charter, cargo and private flights. Official State visits or significant occasions.

airport-06.gif

All public areas of the Airport are barrier-free (suitable for wheelchairs). Special assistance for disabled passengers can be ordered when booking the air-ticket through your specific airline. Alternatively you can phone Prague National Airport Authority's Assistance Service: + 420 2 2011 6076. Transport from Prague Airport for handicapped passengers can be booked here.

airport-07.gif

There are new security rules, liquid allowances, and restrictions for EU airports. More info here.

http://www.pragueairport.co.uk/

LKPR - Praha Ruzyne

VFR/IFR Day/Night, Public International Airport

Elev: 380m/1247ft, Position: N50.06.03, E014.15.36

Rwys Approaches 06/24 3715m*45m Concrete

13/31 3250m*45m Concrete

04/22 CLOSED

06 ILS-DME (CAT I), NDB-DME(GPS)

13 VOR/DME, NDB-DME(GPS)

24 ILS (CAT II/IIIb), NDB-DME(GPS)

31 ILS (CAT I), VOR/DME, NDB-DME(GPS) Radionavigation Frequencies VOR/DME OKL 112.600

ILS/DME06 PH 111.150

ILS/DME24 PR 109.100

ILS/DME31 PG 109.500

NDB,OM24 PR 356

NDB,MM24 L 372

NDB,OM31 PG 309

NDB,MM31 D 429 Praha Approach/Radar - 127.570

Praha Departure/Radar - 120.520

Ruzyne Director/Radar - 119.000

Ruzyne Tower - 118.100

Ruzyne Information - 118.300

Ruzyne Ground - 121.900

Ruzyne Delivery - 120.050

Ruzyne ATIS - 122.150 VFR Entry/Exit Waypoints and Routes VFR Entry/Exit Waypoints: ECHO, NOVEMBER, SIERRA, WHISKEY

ALFA, BRAVO, CHARLIE, NOVEMBER, WHISKEY, SIERRA, ECHO, TANGO

Arrival route - North: NOVEMBER 1: NOVEMBER-BRAVO-ALFA

Arrival route - East: ECHO 1: ECHO-TANGO

Arrival route - South: SIERRA 1: SIERA-TANGO

Arrival Route - West: WHISKEY 1: WHISKEY-CHARLIE-BRAVO-ALFA

Departure Route - North: NOVEMBER 1: ALFA-BRAVO-NOVEMBER

Departure Route - East: ECHO 1: TANGO-ECHO

Departure Route - South: SIERRA 1: TANGO-SIERRA

Departure Route - West: WHISKEY 1: ALFA-BRAVO-CHARLIE-WHISKEY

Please make this airport for both FSX and FS2004 - I know for a fact that this airport is most wanted in the flight sim community.

Kind regards

Tom Knudsen

This is a great idea! But it should also include parts of the distinctive landmarks of the city, maybe a custom autogen and photo scenery for the unique architecture of this magnificent city... That would make for a fine Kafkaesque atmosphere... :)

BTW: I've yet to see Aerosoft do a city in-house.

Hi folks,

nice but completely unnecessary request due to this excellent freeware:

Prague Ruzyne LKPR for FS9 and FSX

t_08.jpg

Regards

Chris

Hi Cris273,

I completely disagree. We need a payware quality LKPR. The freeware is nice but really lacks realism in the terminal design. and we may never get AES as the developer dissapeared long ago. Asking Aerosoft for this is a waste of time though. We really should be asking Simwings, GAP Team, Gianni Etc for this. I do really hope we get a great LKPR, it is one of the nicest airports in Europe. And because it is so close to Germany I think lots of people would buy it.

Same here, it´s a fine freeware airport, but in no way of Aerosoft quiality. The ground around the buildings seems rather empy, no veicles and no photoreal ground. Taxiways are default quality so this it something that is difficult to enjoy, when you have got used to more real products. It would be very nice to get a good payware version of Pragh (Fs9 and FSX).

Hi Cris273,

I completely disagree. We need a payware quality LKPR. The freeware is nice but really lacks realism in the terminal design. and we may never get AES as the developer dissapeared long ago. Asking Aerosoft for this is a waste of time though. We really should be asking Simwings, GAP Team, Gianni Etc for this. I do really hope we get a great LKPR, it is one of the nicest airports in Europe. And because it is so close to Germany I think lots of people would buy it.

Same here, it´s a fine freeware airport, but in no way of Aerosoft quiality. The ground around the buildings seems rather empy, no veicles and no photoreal ground. Taxiways are default quality so this it something that is difficult to enjoy, when you have got used to more real products. It would be very nice to get a good payware version of Pragh (Fs9 and FSX).

Hmmm,

Sure seems like this should be in the first sticky post... What if you like to propose a project?

Either people don't take the time to read and just post what they want or they feel that by ignoring that post and starting their own thread they stand a better chance of getting Aerosoft's attention. In either case, I don't get it...

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Tom,

Welcome to the forum, you may have missed it but there is a sticky thread at the top of thi forum where users can post there requests for scenery etc.

As a previous forum admin at AVSIM i tend to read all stick threads, but this time it just went unnoticed I am sorry to say.

If requsted please have the moderator move it to that thread or just let it be, important is of course the content of this thread, not the location.

I love the freeware scenery of Prague, beeing from Norway myself I tend to fly to different locations within Europe for those short hauls.

Aerosoft seems to me to be an excellent developer with a long experience making airports for FS9 and FSX and I just love the realism they provide.

Therefore lads I wanted to request such a development from the kings of airport scenery!

PS.. With a payware product we may also get this included in the AES program.

Anyway, wishing you all a merry x-mas and a happy new year

Kind Regards

Tom Knudsen

www.tknudsen.com (currently offline)

Yeah, I would really like to see Prague in Aerosoft Quality. Would be a nice addition for the Mega Airport Series:rolleyes:. I really like the Czech Republik: go there for holiday this winter^_^ the 2nd time in the last 3 years.

• 4 months later...