How do I turn on the displays in the Aerosoft F-16 for Flight Simulator X?

Theresa B. Balbuena

Actually this is a support forum ;)

But as Snave says, read the manual !

But to help out..

In the Sim hit Sh+2 and then click on the right image that appears.

This will make the F-16 ready for take off with all displays on.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

Actually this is a support forum ;)

But as Snave says, read the manual !

But to help out..

In the Sim hit Sh+2 and then click on the right image that appears.

This will make the F-16 ready for take off with all displays on.

Finn

Hmm... read the manual but there is no page/section which outlines all of the keyboard shortcuts. I must also be blind as I did not find the reference to the "sh+2 & click" command. Perhaps someone should post a list of all of the keyboard shortcuts for this F16 sim add-on?

Hello Flashfox,

Can you please tell us which Vendor you purchased your copy of the F-16 Falcon from as I see a reference to Shift+2 in my manual.

Correct, on page 40. Here's a guide to startup the F-16. I made it some time ago and never actually published it. Hopefully with this starting the F-16 won't give you any problems anymore. Give it a try :)

F-16_startup_guide.pdf

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi VinFlyer,

thanks a lot for your dedicated start-up instructions.

The pdf-manual does not be of any help here. I wonder which version of manual do you have?

My manual (english, german pdf.file of Nov. 24, 2008) doesn't not show any "SHIFT+2" start up, neither on page 40 nor on any other page.

(I bought my F-16 package form AMAZON most recently).

Is there a updated manual available? I am German, but no problem reading English.

What I am truly missing is a summary of all available functions and their keys. The manual has a confusing mixture of what is "op" and what "non op".

I really like the F-16 sim but without a useful documentation it is less fun.

Especially for NAV and RADAR functions a dedicated summary would be nice to have.

Wolfgang

• 1 year later...

Correct, on page 40. Here's a guide to startup the F-16. I made it some time ago and never actually published it. Hopefully with this starting the F-16 won't give you any problems anymore. Give it a try smile.gif

VinFlyer!!

Thank you so much for your guide, it is really nice and good work. Especially for those that wants it semi-realistic it's so much more interesting when you get a "easy" checklist like this one. I guess no pilots get to sit inside and try to start with just a book either ;)

In the checklist I found some things that might needed to be changed if you ever care to make a v.2.0 :)

There is so many people asking for wich key to do this and that with, it might be a idea to write next to the instructions you made wich key triggers the action if you want to go HOTAS or Keyboard insted of mouse inside cockpit?

Myself I often have time to fly after the family has gone to sleep and it is night. So it's a nightflight. Would it be any idea to inform that if cockpit is dark you can turn on lights using (L)

On your checklist I found the following that would need correction.

1) The first steps are on the leftside console. Set the MASTER FUEL SWITCH to MASTER

3) Set main Power switch to Power (MAIN) (two clicks)

@VinFlyer. If you decide to make a v.2.0 Please send me a PM. Bedankt :)

I've read trough the manual from Aerosoft back and forth and I must say that I really miss a keyboard layout or configuration scheme.

Also within FSx I don't understand what is my problem. I'm using a Norwegian keyboard and to zoom in (view) I use the + key right of the 0 (zero) to zoom in, but to zoom out I cannot find any button.

I've tried to look on Options -> Setting -> Controls and I'm pretty sure there was a command called zoom earlier but I can't find it. I've tried to use Reset Defaults in BUTTONS/KEYS with no luck. But my FSX Keyboard Commands Chart downloaded from the net designed by Millertime states that (US keyboard I guess) Views Zoom in is = (equal sign) and Zoom out is - (hyphen)

The only thing I've found is to press and hold shift while scrolling out on my mouse but I have't been able to assign that command to the SAITEK X-65f stick yet.

Again thanks alot for your effort, thanks to dedicated enthusiasts like you it's so much more feasible to "fly" for the rest of us :)

And if there is anybody that can give me some aid on the zoom out problems I'd be very glad to hear from you.

Vertical greetings Yellowbird.

• 5 months later...

Correct, on page 40. Here's a guide to startup the F-16. I made it some time ago and never actually published it. Hopefully with this starting the F-16 won't give you any problems anymore. Give it a try smile.gif

Hey, congradulations, great manual!

Only one thing....

When I click on the cold dark start-up picture all the switches go to their off positions as normal. Just wanted to point out that there are mainly four things that pilots look out for before touching anything in the cockpit:

1)Master Fuel switch set to "Master" (guard down)

2)Engine Feed switch set to "norm"

3)EPU set to "norm" (inop. in FSX)

4)Air Supply set to "norm"

I know, number four is true even with the canopy up.