Madeira X problem

SLicTa

Hi there.

I have 7 sceneries from aerosoft and add recently AES. Madeira was working perfectly but yesterday I bought credits for AES and activated it for Madeira X. I was approaching runway 05, and what was my surprise whan I saw that in front of me, a big natural wall of approximatively 450 feet tall... Crash was unavoidable...

I have ask to "Go To airport" and choose LPMA, Stand 4 (or 14 I don't remember) and the scenery is completly broken : the runway is standing at 450/500 feet in altitude and a big moutain (which the runway is on) is covering the rest of the airport... The ILS is clearly guiding me to the "normal" runway which is - I think - at 14 feet height.

If you ask, I never download and install free sceneries or something like that. Since the last time I have saw the correct Madeira X, I have bought and installed : Lisbon X, Nice X, and activated AES for those 2 airports, and yesterday AES for Madeira X.

After activation, AES asked me to rebuild the "Scenery order" of FS, because it was no more on the first place, I said of course "yes".

Tonight I will deactivate AES for Madeira, reinstall the scenery, and re-activate AES. I will report after.

Does anybody has an idea ?

• Developer

Can you please check, what happens with the scenery, when you set the airport in AESHelp to OFF.

Normally this "brocken" Effects indicate a uncorrect Transform in the scenery or in AES. But AES has no special code for LPMA (no Jetways or other specific objects), so when AES has such a bug, we must see it on many other airports too.

But, I have seen such an effect to one time, when I place a PMDG MD11 there. So, maybe it is a special effect in combination with the scenery.

Hello again,

I have uninstalled Madeira X, reinstalled it (still "OFF" in AES), and the problem is still there ! I have rebuild the scenery library by desactivating Nice X, Lisbon X, Mallorca X and Mallorca X GD, Mega Brussels and Mega Madrid and nothing helps !

I have rebuild/reload FS and its sceneries during two hours now, and nothing resolve this problem.

I don't know what I can do <_<

• Developer

Hello again,

I have uninstalled Madeira X, reinstalled it (still "OFF" in AES), and the problem is still there ! I have rebuild the scenery library by desactivating Nice X, Lisbon X, Mallorca X and Mallorca X GD, Mega Brussels and Mega Madrid and nothing helps !

I have rebuild/reload FS and its sceneries during two hours now, and nothing resolve this problem.

I don't know what I can do <_<

Maybe you can post your problem in the Scenery Support forum, because as you say, AES is not involved. Did you try different Aircraft?

Yes, the default cessna from FSX. But nothing changes. I have also set all graphical options like they said in the manual, and no changes...

I am very lost and disappointedn:(

Hello again,

I am really sad :(, I can't make it work correctly !

I have read the Madeira manual (as said on older topics before starting this thread), set the FPS limit to 22 (already the one I used before), and set ALL options as requested. The only change is : the big moutain/wall which is over the aerosoft scenery still there, at same altitude, and same dimensions; but now the "sides" of this "moutain" from the sea-level grounds to the top are verticals and not slope anymore.

So I can see more parts of the hidden scenery which is "under" the moutain.

Another thing now, with all the graphical changes done to stick to the madeira manual, my most important airport doesn't show correct now... Brussels Mega airport has now the trees with a brown style (like autumn) but all around the trees, I have an imaginary background (same texture as the sky) hiding the buildings, runways, whatever is behind... I don't know if this is due to the modifications of the graphical options or if it's because of the Mallorca X season modification. (I have launched the mallorca X little program to change the season from summer to autumn). I think this is due to mallorca X.

2 problems now... I currently think to delete all FSX related programs (8 gb...) and reinstall all. But I am afraid to lose something. I have : FSX Deluxe (SP1 and SP2), 737 Wilco PIC, FSX Passengers, Feelthere's CALL! add-on for 737 PIC, IVAP, SerialFP (my CDU2 from VRInsight which have a very very long and big configuration to match with the 737 PIC), Mega airport Brussels, Mega Madrid, Lisbon X, Mallorca X, Nice X, Madeira X and AES for all these airports (but brussels which doesn't exists... :().

All these products are officials, and have been bought legally.

I hope I will find a solution without uninstalling all of that. :(

Yes, but I didn't go to Madeira during 1 month and meanwhile I also purchased and installed Lisbon X, Mallorca X and Nice X.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the scenery, but no changes, I have also tried to put all graphical options exactly as the manual says, no changes either...

Does the reinstallation of FSX (and SP1 & SP2) and after, of Madeira X, is a good try ? Or do I have to uninstall all now and begin the work to reinstall all ?

THanks !