Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Non 7z archive error after download

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
26 replies to this topic

#1 RudiHiebert

RudiHiebert

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:19

The ROF installer appears to download successfully but the installer generates a 'Non 7z archive' error and terminates without extracting any files.

I've downloaded twice, both generating the same error message.

The properties RoF_Install_Web.exe show file size 2.918.460.453 bytes (2.71 gb) and a generic windows icon, not a custom icon.

Request advice from ROF support team on how to correct this. Many thanks!

#2 Frank Moellenhof

Frank Moellenhof

Support

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:39

The ROF installer appears to download successfully but the installer generates a 'Non 7z archive' error and terminates without extracting any files.

I've downloaded twice, both generating the same error message.

The properties RoF_Install_Web.exe show file size 2.918.460.453 bytes (2.71 gb) and a generic windows icon, not a custom icon.

Request advice from ROF support team on how to correct this. Many thanks!

It's a self extracting file and the .exe should not be linked to 7zip file in any way. There might have been a problem with the download.
Remove the file you downloaded. Clear the browser cache (rather important) and download it again.

Aerosoft Support

If you prefer support via email, http://aerosoft.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

#3 RudiHiebert

RudiHiebert

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2009 - 13:05

It's a self extracting file and the .exe should not be linked to 7zip file in any way. There might have been a problem with the download.
Remove the file you downloaded. Clear the browser cache (rather important) and download it again.

#4 RudiHiebert

RudiHiebert

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2009 - 13:08

Removed file, cleared browser cache and downloaded 3rd time. Self-extracting file reports 'Non 7z archive' error message and terminates.

I don't have 7Zip installed on my computer

I use Firefox

* Can you check the installer to see if it is corrupted?
* Can I convert my order to DVD and have the disk sent to me by mail?

Many thanks for your reply and help.

#5 Shaun Fletcher

Shaun Fletcher

Aerosoft Forum Administrator

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18972 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2009 - 15:18

Hello Rudi,

Can you write to support@aerosoft.com regarding this post please.

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Shaun Fletcher
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages.
If you prefer support via email, http://aerosoft.zend...us_requests/new

#6 RudiHiebert

RudiHiebert

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 10 August 2009 - 15:35

Hello Rudi,

Can you write to support@aerosoft.com regarding this post please.

Shaun I wrote them and got no reply can you help please. Thanks

#7 djoubs

djoubs

Private

• _Members
  • 2 Posts:

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:37

Shaun I wrote them and got no reply can you help please. Thanks

I have the same probleme

I tryed everything you said

Downloaded it 8 times with different browsers or fashget and its still the same : Non 7z archive' error

Its getting frustrating i also sent you an E-mail at support@aerosoft.com and open a ticket no answer ...

Can I convert my order to DVD and have the disk sent to me by mail?

#8 Shaun Fletcher

Shaun Fletcher

• _Members
  • 18972 Posts:

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:58

Hello djoubs,

If you wrote yesterday during the day it would have gone to the correct people and awaiting there perusal.
As for the corrupted download did you try the suggestion in the FAQs Section of the forum about deleting all offline content and
your browser cache as this then forces the file to be redownloaded from the source as opposed to the temp internet folder on your computer.
If its corrupted on your computer then it will more than likely remain corrupted untill the temp offline content is deleted.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

#9 djoubs

djoubs

Private

• _Members
  • 2 Posts:

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:13

Hi Shaun

No i wrote a week ago !

Yes i tried deleting all offline content and browser cache i also tried with IE8 and firefox ...

Sorry for my english i'm french

#10 paulthomas

paulthomas

Private

• _Members
  • 3 Posts:

Posted 23 October 2009 - 17:21

I get the same error message but it only downloads 165MB , I have downloaded the Demo 6 times, I'm using vista

#11 jonesrob

jonesrob

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts:

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:42

Was this ever resolved? I get the same error, using Windows7/64-bit.

It also sometimes tells me there is not enough space on the disk, but I have 270Gb...

Rob.

#12 Shaun Fletcher

Shaun Fletcher

• _Members
  • 18972 Posts:

Posted 19 December 2009 - 13:26

Hello Folks,

I'll add this to the weekly report gain.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

#13 jonesrob

jonesrob

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts:

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:11

Hello Folks,

I'll add this to the weekly report gain.

Any further info please?

Rob.

#14 Shaun Fletcher

Shaun Fletcher

• _Members
  • 18972 Posts:

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:37

Hello Rob,

Sorry not at this moment.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

#15 falcon2571

falcon2571

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:40

A major problem of having corrupted files downloaded and then run is firewall settings.AAHAH. FIREFOX. That is your problem doing what I am about to describe. Run another download unit . I don't use Fire fox as it corrupts files on downloads and I know it is not a firewall. I have experienced download problems myself until I turned off my firewall (I run Zone Alarm Extreme) when downloading files. Now I am no computer dummy and I should have known this. But, however , as I said I have had problems. The firewalls (now I am not sure of which one's causes problems as I would be on here all night explaining this) do not let certain files to be downloaded and go to the installation process. I have prior experience with AVG doing this to me. However I got rid of AVG and purchased Zone Alarm and do turn it off when I am downloading. AVG did not allow me to get to the first stage of install on ROF it cut files out. I do not work for AVG nor Zone Alarm but I have found firewalls do cause a lot of problems in downloads being corrupted. I suggest if this does not work to do a Google search for answers as I did. I run two programs on here to extract naughty files. One being Extractnow and Windows commander. I however can click on an exe and open and run it no problem. I also suggest you might have a corrupt registry install.What firewall are you using?.
Rgds Glenn.
"The falcon soars on high ready to swoop and kill and protect it's own".

#16 jonesrob

jonesrob

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts:

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:16

A major problem of having corrupted files downloaded and then run is firewall settings.AAHAH. FIREFOX. That is your problem doing what I am about to describe. Run another download unit . I don't use Fire fox as it corrupts files on downloads and I know it is not a firewall. I have experienced download problems myself until I turned off my firewall (I run Zone Alarm Extreme) when downloading files. Now I am no computer dummy and I should have known this. But, however , as I said I have had problems. The firewalls (now I am not sure of which one's causes problems as I would be on here all night explaining this) do not let certain files to be downloaded and go to the installation process. I have prior experience with AVG doing this to me. However I got rid of AVG and purchased Zone Alarm and do turn it off when I am downloading. AVG did not allow me to get to the first stage of install on ROF it cut files out. I do not work for AVG nor Zone Alarm but I have found firewalls do cause a lot of problems in downloads being corrupted. I suggest if this does not work to do a Google search for answers as I did. I run two programs on here to extract naughty files. One being Extractnow and Windows commander. I however can click on an exe and open and run it no problem. I also suggest you might have a corrupt registry install.What firewall are you using?.
Rgds Glenn.

Thanks Glenn. I'll try again with AVG turned off.

Rob.

#17 falcon2571

falcon2571

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:39

Thanks Glenn. I'll try again with AVG turned off.

Rob.

Let me know how you go mate. I have given similar advice to a few others re AVG and they got up and running after doing what I posted.
Rgds Glenn.

#18 Ravemtech

Ravemtech

Private

• _Members
  • 1 Posts:

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:02

I am having exactly the same problem and error messages.

Has there been a resolution o this issue

Thanks
Ravemtech

#19 falcon2571

falcon2571

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:59

I am having exactly the same problem and error messages.

Has there been a resolution o this issue

Thanks
Ravemtech

Have you tried what I posted above? If not try GOOGLE.
Rgds Glenn.

#20 jonesrob

jonesrob

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts:

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:44

Have you tried what I posted above? If not try GOOGLE.
Rgds Glenn.

Nope. I've tried all I can think of, Googled, forumed, the lot. I've now written off the cost of R of F and won't pursue it any further, which is a shame. I've had it for months and would like to fly but it not doing to happen. Official support is not forthcoming, but thanks for the suggestions here.

Rob (very, very cross).

#21 Shaun Fletcher

Shaun Fletcher

• _Members
  • 18972 Posts:

Posted 24 January 2010 - 18:38

Hello Rob,

Please write to support@aerosoft.com and mention you are having issues downloading the file.
Its possible they can send it to you on DVD.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

#22 jonesrob

jonesrob

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts:

Posted 25 January 2010 - 15:03

Thank you Shaun, I will.

Rob.

#23 jonesrob

jonesrob

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts:

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:57

Nope. I've tried all I can think of, Googled, forumed, the lot. I've now written off the cost of R of F and won't pursue it any further, which is a shame. I've had it for months and would like to fly but it not doing to happen. Official support is not forthcoming, but thanks for the suggestions here.

Rob (very, very cross).

Just thought I'd mention that it still doesn't install, and no response from Support
I really have now lost interest, and do not require a reply.

Rob. (A refund would be nice!)

#24 Shaun Fletcher

Shaun Fletcher

• _Members
  • 18972 Posts:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:41

Hello Rob,

Did you write to support@aerosoft.com as sometimes they will send the file out on disc if you are having major problems downloading it.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

#25 jonesrob

jonesrob

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:52

Hello Rob,

Did you write to support@aerosoft.com as sometimes they will send the file out on disc if you are having major problems downloading it.

I did, Shaun, and I also received a copy of the email that you sent, thank you.

Rob.

#26 Lochnil

Lochnil

Private

• _Members
  • 2 Posts:

Posted 14 May 2010 - 00:03

I've came across same problem, already posted a support ticket with no response, how can I just play the game that I've paid for?

#27 Lochnil

Lochnil

Private

• _Members
  • 2 Posts:

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:40

I've came across same problem, already posted a support ticket with no response, how can I just play the game that I've paid for?

They've sent me a new link, I've downloaded it with FDM manager and it worked. All is well

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users