Aes 2.0 Pre-release Version 2

• Developer

Update:

PRE-RELEASE ENDED, FINAL INSTALLER available soon!

We have replace the link below in the text to a new Installer Version 2.

Everyone who had download and installed the privious Beta Installer, please download the new one and execute thisone for all FS you use. (Note: Done deinstall or delete and Files before this, just rerun the new one).

What is new:

I try to fix the most of the reported issues, but one of the biggest (the CTD's) was in the focus. We saw, that under conditions, the Memory allocated for AES was above the 2GB border. The Microsoft Memory opcode will not be able to handle that and result in a CTD (maybe the reason for many CTD's in other products).

My FS-Guru Maurizo from Vistamare developed a solution overnight to replace the MS Opcode with a Vistamare code, so that now the memory above 2GB could be handled by AES.

That will not fix all CTD's on your system, because AES could not fix problem not generated by this software, but AES should be stayable now.

The following Fixlist is now included:

-CTD in special conditions in FSX -> FIXED

-AESHelp can't find Scenery.cfg in FSX -> FIXED

-AESHelp can't read DLL.XML in FSX -> FIXED

-AESConfig the "Repair for Push" don't work (FS9/FSX)-> FIXED

-AESConfig shows not the Door symbols in FSX -> FIXED

-After using F8 at the position, the pushback fails in FSX->FIXED

-Transparenzproblems at the Cargoloader in FSX ->FIXED

-EGLC from VFR London will not be found -> FIXED

-Runwayslights sounds not played -> FIXED

One point is still open, I think only in FSX with ACC-Pack:

-Sometimes the AES window opens only with the headline show -> Just resize the window with the mouse

All other points you can read below,

have fun.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, lets start with AES 2.0.

We made the decision to do a „Pre-Release" here in the forum, before we bring out the „official Release" into the shops.

Why? AES is now well known in the FS2004 environment and so we can be safe, that there are no problems to be expected on that platform. But AES 2.0 is now also compatible with FSX and this environment is new, many different installations are outside in the community, so we can't say if all this combination could be checked in our Beta tests. So everybody, who is aware about this small risks and is willing to help us fix the last open issues (if there are one) is invited to start with AES 2.0 now. All others may wait for the official release, which we expect for the next week, as long as we don't get in trouble here this weekend.

Some info about the new features:

The configuration for Aircraft, Sounds and Timer is now split from AESHelp into a new tool calls AESConfig. AESHelp will call this tool automatically, when the buttons for the configuration are pressed. Only if you use Vista with UAC and the FS is in the default directory, you get the message to start AESConfig manually, so that it can run in the normal node and can communicate with the FS.

AESHelp does not make any connection to the FS, so if AEShelp is started to enter Credits are manage the Airports, the FS should not run. Only for AESConfig, you need to run the FS and place the aircraft on an active AES Airport.

In the FS, the most features are the same as in AES 1.99. Now the ground crew will knock at the door, when the jetways or stairs are in place and the doors can be opened. Also now is the feature, that you can not only open the AES Window with the key combination (default Ctrl-Shift-W), you also can close the window by pressing this combination. This is maybe helpful for users, how assign this combination to any hardware device.

New Airports in AES 2.0

Here you find a link to a List of all now supported Airports for both versions: List of all Airports for FS 2004 and FSX

In FSX some airports are not yet implemented (marked by "P"), they will follow soon, some maybe already in the official Release version.

The Installation:

Just download the installer here:

-PRE-RELEASE ended.

When you start the installer, first select the FS version for which you want to install AES. If you want to install AES for both FS Version, just finish the installation for the first FS, exit AEShelp and then start the installer again and choice the other FS Version.

Important: If you have an older Version of AES installed, please DO NOT uninstall it, that is not needed and will not be helpful.

For both FS Version you get a different icon for AESHelp on the Desktop. It is important that you start the correct version for that FS, if you want to make changes. The FS Version of AESHelp is shown in the upper right corner of the AESHelp Window.

Some word about the Credits:

When you install AES 2.0 for FS9 and you had an older version installed before, you will see, that all your serial numbers and Airportassignments are already entered in AESHelp. If you install AES for FSX on the same PC, you will see, that all serial numbers already entered and you also see, that the airports, which are compatible to both Version and activated to FULL Mode in FS9, are also in FULL Mode in FSX.

Important: AES will use the same credit base for both versions. If you enter a serial number in AESHelp for FS9, this will automatically transferred into the AESHelp for FSX.

Also all credit assignments to Airport will have effect to both Versions. If you for example activate MAF Frankfurt 2008 in AESHelp for FS9, 5 credits are used and the Airport is in FULL, when you then start AESHelp for FSX you will see, that there this airport is also already in FULL and can be used without assigning Credits again.

Keep in mind, that in "Used Credits" in both version count all Airports, you have assigned Credits, also if this airport is not listed, because it is not available for this FS.

If you install AES for FSX on a new PC, where no AES was installed before, you can add your existing Serials and make a new assignment.

Manual:

You can find the manual here: Manual.pdf

Please read the manual before you start, there you should find all info you need. At the moment, only the German and English Version is available, other languages will follow soon. Before you ask here, try to find the answer in the manual.

So, now enough talk, start and have fun.

System requirements:

• Pentium 1.5 GHz
  • 512 Mb RAM
  • 20 Mb of free available SPACE on the hard disk
  • Sound card
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 or FSX (SP2 or Acceleration)
  • Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (all fully updated)
  • Adobe Acrobat® Reader 58minimal to read and print the manual (1)

(1) Available for free, download at: http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html

A native FSX or FSX with SP1 is not supported!

Please note that the DX10 preview mode is not fully supported; night textures e.g. are partly missing.

• Developer

If you post a problem, please give the following infos:

AES Version: 2.00a (Must be this, otherwise ignored, so update first)

FS Version: FS9 / FSX-SP2 / FSX-ACC

OS Version: XP-SPx / Vista 32/64 ...

Airport: ICAO Code of the Airports you test

Aircraft: Aircraft you test

An make a understandable discription of your problem and what you have tried allready.

AES Version: 2.00a

FS Version: FSX-SP2

OS Version: Vista 32 SP1 (running as administrator <_< )

Airport: EDDH / EDDF / EDDP / LSGG / LSZH etc... all the gap stuff

Aircraft: All aircraft enabled with AES will crash LSD767 / MD11 PMDG /FT E190 (ejets) etc...

UT2 running...

AES disabled all fine...

See errors + when starting the AES configuration getting the following error

Untitled-1-12.jpg

Untitled-2-7.jpg

Hope it's useful...

Please note no CTD only with AES enabled :blink:

• Developer
AES Version: 2.00a

FS Version: FSX-SP2

OS Version: Vista 32 SP1 (running as administrator <_< )

Airport: EDDH / EDDF / EDDP / LSGG / LSZH etc... all the gap stuff

Aircraft: All aircraft enabled with AES will crash LSD767 / MD11 PMDG /FT E190 (ejets) etc...

UT2 running...

AES disabled all fine...

See errors + when starting the AES configuration getting the following error

Hope it's useful...

Please note no CTD only with AES enabled :blink:

But when AES Disable, it makes no sense to start AESConfig?

Is the FS running in the background? The you start AESHelp, press the Configbutton (Aircraft or Configparameter) and when AESConfig starts, you get this messages? Correct.

Can you try to doubleclick the AESConfig.EXE in the <FSX>\Aerosoft\Aes Directory (start directly)

AES 2.0a Version 2

FSX SP2

Vista 64

i7 920

6GB RAM

GTX 285

When AES enabled, PMDG 747 and Captain Sim 757 CTD when loaded at KORD, KLAS, EDDF. LevelD 767 has no issues. G3D.dll is in the error report.

Other addons running:

UTX

REX

WideFS

GEX

Megascenery Las Vegas

Dustin

• Developer
AES 2.0a Version 2

FSX SP2

Vista 64

i7 920

6GB RAM

GTX 285

When AES enabled, PMDG 747 and Captain Sim 757 CTD when loaded at KORD, KLAS, EDDF. LevelD 767 has no issues. G3D.dll is in the error report.

Other addons running:

UTX

REX

WideFS

GEX

Megascenery Las Vegas

Dustin

Can you please unzip the attached file into the <FSX>\Vistamare\bin directory, then start the FS to generate the CTD. When it happens, zip the file named ViMaScnXLog.txt you find in that directory and attach the zip here.

Can you please unzip the attached file into the <FSX>\Vistamare\bin directory, then start the FS to generate the CTD. When it happens, zip the file named ViMaScnXLog.txt you find in that directory and attach the zip here.

Same errors and of ofcourse running FSX and AEShelp is connected...

See log...

Module FAILED to initialize itself: H:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\Bin\ViMaIScnX.dll

• Developer
Same errors and of ofcourse running FSX and AEShelp is connected...

See log...

Module FAILED to initialize itself: H:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\Bin\ViMaIScnX.dll

With fragments of the log I can't do anything.

Please delete the <FSX>\Vistamare subdir complete and run AESHelp, then the directory must be back. Then try it again.

With fragments of the log I can't do anything.

Please delete the <FSX>\Vistamare subdir complete and run AESHelp, then the directory must be back. Then try it again.

Lol that is the log file ;-) ok will check... that's probably because the dll failed to initialize correctly ;-)

• Developer

Have deleted you replay: Please attache a ZIP of the log, or did you think it makes fun to scroll over 1000 of lines.

hi, I'm having problem with the new AES2.0 beta

error msg, after installed says that I must need a SP2 or XPACK, but I do have SP1+ACC pack

btw, I'm runing AES for FS9 on the same computer, does anyone have this problem?

• Developer
hi, I'm having problem with the new AES2.0 beta

error msg, after installed says that I must need a SP2 or XPACK, but I do have SP1+ACC pack

btw, I'm runing AES for FS9 on the same computer, does anyone have this problem?

Did you read my second post here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...st&p=164326

Minimum your OS would be nice to know.

And place check the fileversion of the file g3d.dll, you can find in the FSX Maindirectory

Did you read my second post here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...st&p=164326

Minimum your OS would be nice to know.

And place check the fileversion of the file g3d.dll, you can find in the FSX Maindirectory

sorry, about that. my g3d.ll is 10.0.61637.0

runing a Vista 32bit, Geforce8800GTS

AES Version: 2.00a (I believe is 2.00a.. the one I downloaded above)

FS Version: FSX-ACC

OS Version: Vista 32

• Developer
:blush:

Can you please make a screen from the Add-ons->Vistamare->About Vistamare Window

Can be done, when AES is disabled.

• Developer
sorry, about that. my g3d.ll is 10.0.61637.0

runing a Vista 32bit, Geforce8800GTS

AES Version: 2.00a (I believe is 2.00a.. the one I downloaded above)

FS Version: FSX-ACC

OS Version: Vista 32

Can you please unzip the attached file to the FSX Mainfolder and execute it. If possible make a screenshot of the window or type the string you see in the window here.

In the Headline of the window must be "AES TEST on Vista"

Can you please unzip the attached file to the FSX Mainfolder and execute it. If possible make a screenshot of the window or type the string you see in the window here.

In the Headline of the window must be "AES TEST on Vista"

hmm... all I see is a bottom "EXIT".. nothing running

• Developer
EDLP Paderborn

Here - http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-re/links/aesairports2.html and for example in relnote_ENG.pdf there's "Free" / "0 credit".

But as you can see, in fact, it's for 1 credit!!

So you should fix it! ;)

Thanks for reminde me to change the docu. Attached, the corrected version. The Webpage will be updated soon. :blush:

• Developer
And one more problem...

Is this

??

When you have installed the new Version and this is the result, then maybe I forget to include the new file. I will check it.

• Developer
hmm... all I see is a bottom "EXIT".. nothing running

But you place the file into the FSX Folder, there where the FSX.EXE and the G3D.DLL is located.

It is also possible, that Vista don't realy copy the file there, because of the UAC, so the Exe is now somewhere in the VirtualStore.

Please replace the exe with the new attached version, there you should see minimum a Path in the window.

I've downloaded it yesterday at 22:35 CET so it should be the newest version.

The small cargoloader (with moving belt) is ok, this problem is only with the big one (and yes, I know, it's not for A319's right rear doors :lol: )

But you place the file into the FSX Folder, there where the FSX.EXE and the G3D.DLL is located.

It is also possible, that Vista don't realy copy the file there, because of the UAC, so the Exe is now somewhere in the VirtualStore.

Please replace the exe with the new attached version, there you should see minimum a Path in the window.

ok, here's what I got..

"G:/Programs/Microsoft/FlightSimulatorX/g3d.dll"

thanks for very quick reply...

I've been sitting here whole day also... since AES supports FSX I decided to give FSX a shot.. :D

Thx for the help !