Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
Must Read

AES 2.* and codes you 'found'

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Forum Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 29042 Posts:

Posted 29 May 2009 - 16:57

Just a quick warning...

You know AES is pretty good in protecting itself from piracy, almost certainly all the codes you 'found' on lovely sites where copyrights are not seen as important are blocked and when you enter them AES will kindly but seriously ask you to replace the shared code with valid codes. We have see that more then a few customers seen this when they just updated to the 2.00 version. Of course all of those people told us they did not enter those codes but when we ask them to send us some files so we can check these codes are in there. Then they say they got a son who also uses the system etc.

We don't care, okay? When you entered a code you did not buy you are on your own. AES will offer the way out, do what it ask and we'll never know and your problem will be solved. Contact us and we'll know who your are (when we indeed see 'illegal' code in the files) and we'll never trust you again. Yes we log these people and you can rest assured we got tags on those email addresses. Now if you used your official work address to show us you are indeed a using a share code you are not only a software pirate but also not too clever (there is one person who works at Microsoft that is now hoping I won't type his name very very badly).

We don't care. It's 19:00 on a Friday evening and three people involved with Aerosoft are online to do support to customers. If you are not willing to pay for that, we simply don't care. Just do what AES asks you.

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.png

#2 Waleed

Waleed

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 Posts:

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:29

This is too funny (not really). It was barely released when you posted this and already they are out and about.
Waleed

#3 Nelson Martina

Nelson Martina

Private

• _Members
  • 1 Posts:

Posted 28 October 2009 - 15:07

I Bought the AES for 14.95 Online Shop (17okt) and recieved it on (21okt) instal it the same day and it won't work. It Say's I Need 5 SN To activate again.
Yesterday I Bought Mega Airport London Heathrow (Will Not Install) & Mega Airport Frankfurt(No problems).

#4 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 28 October 2009 - 16:31

I Bought the AES for 14.95 Online Shop (17okt) and recieved it on (21okt) instal it the same day and it won't work. It Say's I Need 5 SN To activate again.
Yesterday I Bought Mega Airport London Heathrow (Will Not Install) & Mega Airport Frankfurt(No problems).

Contact the support via email at support@aerosoft.com

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#5 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 30 October 2009 - 14:22

Nice torrent you used before. When you are so stupid to download AES from a non legal side, you have to accept the consequences. Only the site of aerosoft provides the valid and legal installer.
The rest via email from aerosoft.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#6 Aerobird

Aerobird

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 Posts:

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:26

In my head this is outright simple:
1) All hobbies cost, so also flightsimming. If you expect to get programs for free, you are indeed asking people to work for free! Would you work for zero money?
2) Let us create a market so that those really clever programmers who provide us with authentic models and SUPPORT can continue to do that and not worry about revenues.
3) Users of torrent-files often argue that they would buy an "overprized" program if it were cheaper. Now, then, how much cheaper should it be? I suspect at least a 50-60 percent reduction is what they have in mind and which developer can accept that? None!

AES costs the equivallent of 2-3 pints of bear and the effect is much more lasting and pleasant as well. Pirate copying is done by people who fullfill one or more of the following criterias.
1) Pennyless
2) Greedy
3) Immoral
4) Ignorant

All my software on my computers are legal copies, it is just too stupied not to pay for anything you use every day. And I have had people from i.e Symantec turning my pc inside out to sort out problems I have had, not a penny paid afterwards while I had lunch. Isn't that something to be thankful for. I am much more concerned about rising my own income than to cheat other people of what is rightfully theirs.
Aerobird

Posted Image

#7 tjstreak

tjstreak

Private

• _Members
  • 1 Posts:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:52

O.K., you probably don't want to hear this, but here goes: It strikes me that this is largely a problem of your own making. Certainly, you knew this would happen when you released the product. And your current approach is only going to irritate your loyal customers. After all, AES for the most part only works with pay sceneries -- it does not work with the default FSX airports. So anyone who is using has probably purchased the airport scenery itself from you, so why be nasty to your customers? I am a good customer, but I have not used AES yet. But the attitude you show here really makes me want to NOT purchase anything from you again.

A better solution would be to include AES with every airport scenery you sell. Yes, make it part of the original package. If you need to pay for it by raising the price of the scenery by a buck or two, no one will ever really notice. In doing this, you would be raising the bar for quality for airport sceneries and make your products more attractive than those of your competition.

Then you offer to make AES available to other scenery makers -- to be included in their scenery. If AES is truly a good product, other developers should jump at the opportunity to enhance their products. In fact, it may become necessary for other developers to include AES with their airports just to stay even with everyone else.

By doing this, you are not marketing directly to the consumer, but to other developers. You also end up increasing your sales because everyone who purchases an aircraft scenery also ends up purchasing the relevant AES package. This also ends your piracy problem, at least with respect to AES because there no longer is any incentive to pirate the package.

If another developer does not want to purchase AES from you to include in their scenery, you can choose either to sell it directly to the consumer, as you currently are doing, or simply not to sell AES for products made by the developer. If AES is not available for their sceneries, their sceneries lose a lot of their value, and their sales take a hit. In any case, you have made a serious dent in your piracy problem.

Most problems have a nice solution and a nasty solution. You have opted for the nasty solution which punishes the people you ultimately sell to. There are nice ways of handling the problem.

#8 Matt_Smith

Matt_Smith

Devil's advocate

• Assistant Moderators
  • 4865 Posts:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 18:47

Surely the Nasty solution would be to not impliment AES. Which by the way is free with many of Aerosoft products in the forum of AES Light. A clue my friend you have not :lol:

Bottoms up!

Please don't PM for support issues

Justice for the 96 15/04/89

6cgjtt-5.png

#9 James A

James A

General

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1745 Posts:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 19:13

Could well elaborate a bit more on this one but your last sentence Matt summed it all up....
Regards,

James (hawkwind) Anderson
4nm SE EGHH

Posted Image

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return – Leonardo da Vinci.

#10 kaspis29

kaspis29

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 Posts:

Posted 22 April 2012 - 20:43

Does this mean I can not put AES on my other computer?

Yes you can, if you use the codes that you have purchased from Aerosoft.
Regards,
Kaspars Fogels

http://asn.aerosoft.com/

#11 Orlando

Orlando

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 Posts:

Posted 08 May 2012 - 16:09

I don't think threating or calling "not clever" (=stupid) people who used shared codes will make them buy original codes. :unsure:

I think it's better to say "look if you love it and don't buy it, we will have to stop working on it, so your favorite app will stop existing"

But that's just my opinion :bigdrink_s:

#12 Emi

Emi

Aerosoft Staff

• Root Admin
  • 7719 Posts:

Posted 08 May 2012 - 16:44

I don't think threating or calling "not clever" (=stupid) people who used shared codes will make them buy original codes. :unsure:

I think it's better to say "look if you love it and don't buy it, we will have to stop working on it, so your favorite app will stop existing"

But that's just my opinion :bigdrink_s:

That won't help either. Beleave me, the people who use illegal copies won't pruchase it because of such a statement.
Those people aren't silly either. They know that they're not supporting the developers with what they do.

The onest thing which might really help is a 100% failsafe system, but this will be impossible to adcheve. Pretty surely pirates will always find a way to crack a programm.
I think the aerosoft launcher has made the "job" for pitrates much more difficould due to online activation. Maybe a simillar system with AES would help, but that would of cause affect the users who do not have internet on their computers in a very bad way again... You see finding a solution for piracy is very difficould, expecially if you want to have a system which is very easy to use for legal customers which should still be in a higher priority than piracy protection in my opinion seeing the face that there are more legal customers than pirates (I hope).
And yes this is very hard to say as I am paying my money to companys like Aerosoft or PMDG myself and I hate it when someone does use the same product without paying the same price. This is just not fair, but well this is how things are. The best we can do is to send mails to the developers when you find a illegal serial or programm to notify them so that they can take the legal step against the uploader.

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Emanuel Hagen
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

GATC.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Must Read

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users