• Aerosoft

Not really my style of aircraft but we decided to start an Airbus project internally. The reason for this is simple, we feel there is a market for the kind of Airbus we got on mind. We want it to look stunning and be very interactive (think the Catalina style) but still with a high degree of usability. So we are not afraid to totally drop systems we feel have little use for the average simmers. One example, you won't be able to plan a route or load total nav databases with SID's and STARTs but you will be able to import a standard FSX flightplan. Something between the default FSX aircraft and PMDG complexity, usable for every simmer without having go through 300 pages of manuals. We have got very serious plans for the flybywire system and we are sure at this moment we'll be able to prevent the pilot from exceeding the limits set by Airbus. Pretty cool stuff.

This project has literally just been started (see how open we are with our information?) and is scheduled to be completed late summer. We got a high amount of resources on this project but we could use some help from customers. If you know your Airbusses and like to help us out, contact support@aerosoft.com. But only do so when you are able to be constructive and got knowledge about the 320/330 and 340.

post-43-1242920627_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Something between the default FSX aircraft and PMDG complexity, usable for every simmer without having go through 300 pages of manuals.

So, will you remove the Wilco Airbusses from your online shop as your project sounds a lot like a second Wilco-style product to me? *vomit*

Good luck -you will need it...

-Philipp

Erm, I don't quite understand why you're working on a project like this.

For the people who are interested in a real, deep and complete Airbus sim ulation, AirSimmer is gonna be the No.1 and for those who just want to fly in Airbus style, there's Wilco available. I really don't get your strategy, sorry.

Sounds very interesting, but FSX only right? :mellow:

sounds more then interesting. But please also for the FS9!!!

But I think when the Airsimmer will be released,this will be the number 1.

well i think it depends on what the simmer wants to fly. some people want to fly a good looking model with some cockpit features but arent interested in preparing 1h for a single flight. so this semirealistic airbus would be a nice choice :)

Erm, I don't quite understand why you're working on a project like this.

For the people who are interested in a real, deep and complete Airbus sim ulation, AirSimmer is gonna be the No.1 and for those who just want to fly in Airbus style, there's Wilco available. I really don't get your strategy, sorry.

If you read Mathijs' post and actually understood it, you would realize your post is pointless.

Mathijs, assuming FSX only?

I agree with MaxH. I also don't see the point of making an Airbus without fully working systems. The real Airbus fan won't buy an Airbus without a working Flight Management System just for looks of it, and the casual Airbus pilot already have the default bus or Wilco's.

But if you are decided to make it, it's because you think you can sell it. I have my doubts, though.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

I'm not really in Airbus guy I'm a Boeing and Mcdonald Douglas lover, but I wouldn't mind having other airbus, you have to understand that airsimmer is for heavy systems like pmdg that's why it will have a high price. people have to realise that not everyone wants to do every switch and button to get everything running so I figure this would be a light product like the cls aircraft or overland.

We do have freeware like project airbus, that have really fantastic models but no vc, overland has a a320 in the airbus pack, but a very basic vc, wilco's other story lol I personally do not like the model at all its way off and the shape is not good at all at least for me, I'M sure many people would be interested in a complete package from a company they can trust like aerosoft, simmers that don't know how to install aircraft manually like we do, can just auto install with custom sounds liveries and a fantastic vc all in one big package.

I think its a great Idea as long as the model is accurate and the virtual cockpit looks super good and comes with a ton of liveries sounds etc etc its a winner. I'm really surprised that aerosoft wants to make in airliner but I'm glade they did it should be extremely interesting project.

I understand the need to hit a large market. But me being a tubeliner simmer, I prefer the more advance systems. It kinda separates it from VFR/GA flying and understanding the systems is the fun part. When you say like the PBY I think, Batteries, APU, Aerosoft Sound Control, Fuel System, and GPWS. But when I hear between PBY and PMDG I think, no FMC/FMS and Autoland, Advance Fuel Planning. As someone said above theres Wilco and CLS Airbus aircraft and while I feel Aerosoft can do this project and it will sell just becasue it Aerosoft I for one will not invest when I own more advance tubeliners in FSX and there are simular products on the FS market. If I had to pick the next project I would instead make a mission pack for Tahiti X since that is 9 airports and 12 islands. You could have tours, SAR, Cargo/Supply trasport, and passager commuting. The DHC-6 has a Tahiti paint.

Ages of waiting finally comes to an end.................

The rubbish model of PXS and Wilxx, together with the simple panel of CXS is really getting u ######ed.

But when I hear between PBY and PMDG I think, no FMC/FMS and Autoland, Advance Fuel Planning.

The Airbus doesn't have a FMC. It's called FMGC.

Kind regards

Magnus

This is extacly what I would like! Advanced systems, but being able to load a default flightplan :) Is there any chance for an FS9 version?

Advanced systems, but being able to load a default flightplan

Something between the default FSX aircraft and PMDG complexity, usable for every simmer without having go through 300 pages of manuals.

I've always been intrigued with the airplanes being created that were not already available, props especially. I'm a little surprised by this myself. It should definitely be an interesting journey.

The Airbus doesn't have a FMC. It's called FMGC.

Kind regards

Magnus

Sorry I only sim with the Boeing 747/767. (Never even flown on a Airbus) But thank's for the lesson. Never the less sound like this aircraft will not have a FMGC.

One example, you won't be able to plan a route or load total nav databases with SID's and STARTs but you will be able to import a standard FSX flightplan.

So it will be something like Airbus Holiday Destinations but now for FSX... Than it's useless for VATSIM... Cause SIDs, STARs and updatable nav dtb is necessary... :(

Funny to see people's love for either Boeing or Airbus. A bit the same as the ever ongoing rivalry between Mercedes en BMW. I am no exception. As a young boy I made my first trip with a boeing 737-200. It was love at first sight.

Therefore I am - at every possible opportuntiy - promoting the idea of a good 737NG. I know PMDG etc, and yes they will put a very good product on the market, but untill then... and maybe even positioned in between Wilco and PMDG...

Basically the same strategy as yhou do now, with this exception. Wilco's 737 is the old 200-500 series, there is no NG availlable, The airbus version you have in store, the only thing to do is to make a more in depht version.

Again I am shamelessly promoting boeing, mostly because I am not a very patient man and I have no idea when PMDG will bring its version on the market. Put my name up for pre-sale whenever it comes to development stage.

Sorry I only sim with the Boeing 747/767. (Never even flown on a Airbus) But thank's for the lesson. Never the less sound like this aircraft will not have a FMGC.

Hey stick I'm the same way I'M a Boeing Mcdonald Douglas simmer I always forget that airbus calls theres fmgc.

Congratulations!

Even if i prefer ultrarealistic flight simulation, there are many moments for a "after business traffic pattern or ILS-approach"

when i´m not interested in SID and STAR, but in FSX eyecandy and realistic flightdynamics...

Good market niche...

I´m looking forward to this Bus!

Timo

• Upvote 1

Funny to see people's love for either Boeing or Airbus. A bit the same as the ever ongoing rivalry between Mercedes en BMW. I am no exception. As a young boy I made my first trip with a boeing 737-200. It was love at first sight.

I have the same experience, another reason is that most Dutch Airlines use the 737NG instead of the Airbus A32X... Although I really look forward to the airbus!

• Aerosoft

My my, what a load of comments on something I have not written more then a few lines about, lol.

Of course we'll have a full FMGC, when I say that we'll simplify things I meant stuff like the FLT Recorders, secondary radio altimeter, stuff that does not have any meaning in FSX. Why don't you wait until you see what we got in mind before telling us that our market research is wrong (yes we do that). Clearly this is not intended for the high end user that's active on the forums and logs many hours with VATSIM. But that kind of user is a small minority to the much larger group of users that just like something that looks great and is manageable.

Look at it this way. I myself want an Airbus I can fly without having to spend 6 years of training and without having a clone of myself in the seat next to me. And I can not find the airbus like that at the moment. Some have good points, some even get close to systems integration I like but then it doesn't look the way I want it. For sure it will be a FSX only product as there are indeed enough Airbusses for FS2004. The model we are working on will have at least double the polygons an FS2004 model could have. Far more details in the VC, far more animations etc. Think Catalina style.

We choose an Airbus because the project has professional aspects. This project will not be done for FSX alone, but also for a few other professional simulators that can handle the same complex models. So we had to do it anyway, seems a shame not to compile it to FSX, right?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
So it will be something like Airbus Holiday Destinations but now for FSX... Than it's useless for VATSIM... Cause SIDs, STARs and updatable nav dtb is necessary... :(

Yes, more or less in that style but very much done to the standards of these days. One of our best selling products ever btw, customers seemed to love it, though it never got any raving reviews. Reviews are not written by the kind of customer in mind for a project like this.

And I fly online with aircraft that have no FMC or FMGC and even when I do fly an aircraft that does not have it I normally don't use the flight management to fly it. If you can't fly a SID manually... right?

• Upvote 1

Will the fax printer work? And if you ask nicely, I am sure the PR people at Airbus will help with all the MFD screens. I don't fly paxtubes, but I have heard that some of the more interesting functions don't yet work on other peoples' Airbii.

Do a factory visit (they do guided tours for the public in Hamburg) and buy some of the cockpit posters if you want real detail.

What about all the tones, alerts, alarms etc... I gather some of these are rather lacking in other sims.

Perhaps a camera at the cabin crew station and set all the environmental control stuff?

And the crew laptops and cassettes...

A good paintkit and I'll probably even break my own rules on this plane - after all, they are the most paintable planes in commercial use right now. Or are you going freighter / ST / Vomit Comet?

All good fun.