preview Berlin Tegel - Eddt

Rainer Duda

The scenery looks great. I even like the illusion of depth looking into the jet bridges.

I don't see FS9 as better than FSX or vise versa. I see them both as WONDERFUL parallel flight simulators. Both with pros and cons thus I plan to have both on separate computers. Thus FS9 will never be prehistoric to me even if others see it that way. I liked the joke though.

My only disappointment with this scenery are the taxi bridges. I wish like Leipzig, the bridges were real with traffic underneath. Will we ever see taxi bridges like that again???

Danke Rainer.

newmanix

Oh and I love the old Hapag Lloyd colors!!!!

May I ask for your packages?? Pleaseeeeee.....

• Aerosoft

Some new screenshots - all prehistoric FS9. ;)

VFR-Berlin installed. Also some texture addons like Ground Environment, Flight Environment.

AI-traffic own compiled from different sources like WoAI, avsim, flightsim and for example alpha-india.net

As you can see I show screens from dusk and dawn. So the scenery nearly is finished.

I'd call it "final beta fs9". ;)

And people say we don't do nice work for FS2004. Thanks for the images Rainer, attaboy!

I havent purchased only of the German sceneries that you have made, but this one looks almost to good to not buy. I did some research, and was unable to find an answer. Can you tell me if Tegel is large enought to handle the "Heavies" (747 / 777)?

Tegel is large enought to handle the "Heavies" (747 / 777)?

Yes, it is. Jumbos and Triple Sevens are not regular visitors to Tegel, but they do come on some occasions.

Mainly governmental ones (from the USA, Japan, Arab countries, etc).

767s though are regular visitors, mainly from the USA (Delta, Continental).

There are also regular big airbuses: A330 (Air Berlin, Qatar, Hainan) and A340 (Turkish, also on A330).

I cannot wait for the release either.

Come on, Rainer, no more tortures! ;)

Best regards,

Rafal

Just letting everybody know, we expect to release this great scenery next week. Could be beginning or the end of next week.

Excellent timing :)

Just in time to collect my paycheck

I was just studying that last batch of images Rainer posted, and was noting on the very first image that you can actually see inside the jetway. How sick is that? ohmy.gif Germany has become one of my favoite countries to fly, and Berlin will increase that even more. My credit card is already smoking in my wallet.

Mathijs, thank you for the confirmation.

My credit card has been instructed and is on duty.

Germany has become one of my favoite countries to fly, and Berlin will increase that even more.

Exactly, Bruce. Although I'm not German, I do most of my simflying from or to Germany (or even between particular cities).

That is not because of my passion to this country (which is a very interesting one anyway).

It's mainly due to the number of top quality addons, made almost entirely by Aerosft and it affiliated GAP team.

Frankfurt Main and Hamburg belong to my most frequented aerodromes. Same will be about Tegel and Munich (when it's out).

That shows that developer's interest and labour on a chosen area can efficiently shape customers' interests.

Well, not enirely, of course. For example, being aware of its top quality, I skipped FlyTampa's Kai Tak simply because I'm not interested to fly to this closed now airport.

So quality may not be enough. But it is really much. Give me quality airports in Europe (from Portugal to Russia), and you've got me. For FS9 so far.

Not that I would mind a good Beijing Capital, Singapore Changi or Sydney Kingsford Smith of course.

This year we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall.

Nice to commemorate it with some nice flights in the sim.

Best regards,

Rafal

Yes, it is. Jumbos and Triple Sevens are not regular visitors to Tegel, but they do come on some occasions.

Mainly governmental ones (from the USA, Japan, Arab countries, etc).

767s though are regular visitors, mainly from the USA (Delta, Continental).

There are also regular big airbuses: A330 (Air Berlin, Qatar, Hainan) and A340 (Turkish, also on A330).

I cannot wait for the release either.

Come on, Rainer, no more tortures! wink.gif

Best regards,

Rafal

That is great news. Looks like I will be buying my first german scenery.

Just one more (or rather two) question on the compatibility:

1. How's the compatibility of the new Tegel and VFR Berlin (which you are offering now for a nicely discounted price)?

2. How's VFR Berlin together with Ultimate Terrain Europe?

It would be really nice to make the Tegel experience deeper by adding surrounding details.

Best regards,

Rafal

Just one more (or rather two) question on the compatibility:

1. How's the compatibility of the new Tegel and VFR Berlin (which you are offering now for a nicely discounted price)?

2. How's VFR Berlin together with Ultimate Terrain Europe?

It would be really nice to make the Tegel experience deeper by adding surrounding details.

Best regards,

Rafal

Rainer said in his last post that he has VFR-Berlin installed so I would say that it is compatible......? wink.gif

Rainer said in his last post that he has VFR-Berlin installed so I would say that it is compatible......?

Yes, of course I 've noticed that. But by 'compatibility' I understand something more than having something installed.

What I would like to know (before buying VFR Belin for instance) is how well they blend together, if EDDT was made with the compatibility in mind.

If the airport ground textures blend well with the area around.

Plus the VFR Berlin / UTE compatibility, important to me as I'm an UTE user.

VFR sceneries usually share some common features with the UT series, like: road system, waters, etc.

I hope I'm more clear now. ;)

Best regards,

Rafal

Rainer said in his last post that he has VFR-Berlin installed so I would say that it is compatible......? wink.gif

Hi,

I like to be honest as usual:

The beta wasn't 100% compatible with VFR-Berlin but with UT-Europe. Sounds funny, buth this make sense, because the colleague who built VFR-Berlin worked as good as he can - but not GPS-based like UT-Europe. Tegel and the photo underneath is - not surprising in 2009 - GPS-based. So I would expect no problems with UTE. VFR-Berlin is a little bit offset. So some roads have to be "excluded" and corrected. I think this will be done. Otherwise - because I need this too - I'll do it for me (and you) shortly after the release. Promised. ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

Yay! This is defintely an airport I'll get, since it's the biggest airport of Berlin (or so I read). I think it'll be great fun to fly into this place. I do wonder about performance. Usually, Aerosoft sceneries have very good performance, so I probably don't have to be worried...