Possible WARNING?!

sf4JC

Have any of you all tried ezdoc_walk_cameraV1_22 yet? It's a great utility ( http://www.arccpro.narod.ru/index_page20.htm ) for walking around your aircraft or scenery. I was going to use it to get better screenshots for my upcoming FS2004/FSX funfly&contest. At first use, it was looking great as it made the experience more pleasant. But then, when I entered FSX the next time, my .BGL cumulus clouds for the funfly/contest were messed up. I had white rectangles where the cumulus cloud images should be. I will have to check again, but I believe the automatic cumulus clouds show up correctly.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried it and had any luck.

Scott

Seems that it has tampered with the texture bmps. Do you have an up to date virus scanner and could make a check of the cumulus texture bitmaps?

There was an older exploit of a bug in the windows or office bitmap routines, which meanwhile should be corrected. Maybe there is still malware out, which tries to patch existing bitmaps to deploy malicious code.

I'm myself am extremely careful with .ru-based code.

Regards,

Peter

Never thought about scanning for viruses, so doing that now,I thought an anti-virus program already checks that. I have done everything but reinstalling FSX/SP1/Acceleration/SP2, I just don't want to go through the process if that doesn't solve the problem. I did a change/repair after everything else, so I may have to uninstall/reinstall anyway. Now just waiting for virus check.

sf4JC

Welp, no luck :cry: . I first did a virus check of the FSX folder and found nothing, then the whole hard drive, and still nothing. So I prepared myself for a complete FSX reinstall, and 1 hour and 20 minutes later, completed reinstall, and I STILL HAVE PROBLEMS :blue: .

The only other thing I forgot to do during the uninstall, was completely remove every addon and such and also the stuff inside the AppData folder. So I guess the problem may be in there somewhere maybe.

sf4JC

I think I found part of my problem! I had mistakingly put the funfly/contest cloud .BGL into my FSX installation, which if I remember right, doesn't need to be in there, just in FS2004. But now I may have a problem with the water level of the lakes in the area. I don't remember the lakes looking this way, maybe I can post a screenshot of it, and someone could possibly tell me what they see in the area.

Now I just wish I knew when I put that .BGL in the FSX installation. I'm pretty sure my original ReadMe said not to :fear: .

sf4JC