X-Race #1

Peter Lürkens

Hi everybody,

let's try race again. Don't make it too complicated, just use FSX Flight Analysis for timing. Unzip the archive into "Flight Simulator X Files", load the flight "Chapelco" and possibly the flight plan "SAZY-SOAR-SA44-SAZY", tow out and let go!

What you should have, too:

Soar Ranch (because it's a turnpoint)

Some SA Mesh ( e.g. SRTXSAM4.zip from FLIGHTSIM.COM)

SA Slopefiles CCS_Soar_Ranch_andes_sa_4x4,zip

and CumulusX! of course.

I'm out trying now in GameSpy, password SOAR.

cheers,

Peter

SAZY_SOAR_SA44_SAZY.zip

Hi everybody,

let's try race again. Don't make it too complicated, just use FSX Flight Analysis for timing. Unzip the archive into "Flight Simulator X Files", load the flight "Chapelco" and possibly the flight plan "SAZY-SOAR-SA44-SAZY", tow out and let go!

What you should have, too:

Soar Ranch (because it's a turnpoint)

Some SA Mesh ( e.g. SRTXSAM4.zip from FLIGHTSIM.COM)

SA Slopefiles CCS_Soar_Ranch_andes_sa_4x4,zip

and CumulusX! of course.

I'm out trying now in GameSpy, password SOAR.

cheers,

Peter

Now, that was fun flying together, thanks Peter

Bert

Sounds like I missed another one. But at least I know you're using FSX Multiplayer. I think when you enter a session there, you can start out near the hosts aircraft among other situations. Especially since I cannot spend 7-8 hours in one flight without having to hit the pause button. Plus I can come in and out when I want to although my time wont count for anything, it would still be fun.

sf4JC

Especially since I cannot spend 7-8 hours in one flight without having to hit the pause button.

Yes, I think that was indeed to much of good, my wife wasn't amused, too. However, it becomes pretty addictive, once you have done almost 80% of the course, to finish it. Interestingly, I was pretty much as fast as in RL. It was so exciting that I did it without any break, until 20 minutes before finish when I had to break for supper.

I think to keep it socially acceptable, one has to design courses of not more than 2 hours (like NZ race 2). Next time I'll do.

Just remembered, that Acceleration/SP2 wont let me connect with SP1. But I can always do the race offline I guess.

Well, that's too bad. Is it just failing to connect, or are the sessions even not listed? Anyway, I hope we all will have SP2 soon. At least CumulusX! seems working well with SP2.

best regards,

Peter

I think to keep it socially acceptable, one has to design courses of not more than 2 hours (like NZ race 2). Next time I'll do.

The other day I did LSGS (SION) to LILE. That's about 55NM over the Alps. It takes about 1 1/4 hour, and it's challenging to seek the right path to get over the high ones. Maybe that's an option, or plightplans, based on the austrian day 2,3,4 missions?

Bert

Peter, it's something to do with SP2. In the multiplayer screen though, at the times that I check it out, there is usually only 8 to 17 sessions going. It almost seems lonely and unreal.

sf4JC

[snip]

Well, that's too bad. Is it just failing to connect, or are the sessions even not listed? Anyway, I hope we all will have SP2 soon. At least CumulusX! seems working well with SP2.

best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

As far as I know: Us accelerated people usually don't even see the other (not accelerated) sessions. But we're still able to see those sessions by using a little tweak. First one has to request a join to a friend's session (who must be online of course). Then, while FSX:A searches the session, hit the cancel button... voilà! You see those other sessions as well. But still, one cannot join those SP1 sessions.

As far as I hope: I really have hopes that, once the SP2 will be released (the download one, not the ACC:SP2), it will bring us back together. :ok: :yahoo:

BTW: Source of my hope is Phil Taylor himself, as you can read in the comments of this article of his weblog He writes there, answering the Question "You mention SP2 multiplayer compatibility with FSX Acceleration. Will SP2 users be able to have full MP support (including shared cockpit features) with Acceleration users and non-SP2/Acceleration users?":

Shared Cockpit is under investigation, it may not work due to the new engine sim vars ( supercharger, ADI, engine damage, helo 3-turbine support ) which has changed what needs to be synchronized between the app. No promises.

Other than that, yes.

Note, having any "cross-version" compatibility is tough and most multiplayer games require the same patch level. So getting SP2 and Acceleration to MP together at all is an accomplishment.

Greets from EDFM

Dirk.

As far as I know: Us accelerated people usually don't even see the other (not accelerated) sessions. But we're still able to see those sessions by using a little tweak. First one has to request a join to a friend's session (who must be online of course). Then, while FSX:A searches the session, hit the cancel button... voilà! You see those other sessions as well. But still, one cannot join those SP1 sessions.

Seems a good thing, not to forget about FSINN, which appears to work across all platforms.

Cheers,

Peter

FSHost works on all platforms too.

Jim451, I haven't been on FSHost for a few months, but I'm wondering if you know of any glider servers on it. Maybe I'll check FSHostSpy later. Right now I'm taking care of my son who is sick and me too. So I've only gotten to fly for a total of 10-15 minutes in the last 8 days.

sf4JC

Hope you both get well soon -my 3 year old son is doing a 2 week cold twice a month thing at the moment! No glider servers on FSHost but it is very easy to use for most people. Some hosts like Netwings.org are very low lag too. Cheers

Hope you both get well soon -my 3 year old son is doing a 2 week cold twice a month thing at the moment! No glider servers on FSHost but it is very easy to use for most people. Some hosts like Netwings.org are very low lag too. Cheers

Thanks Jim451 for wishing my son and I well! Sorry so late in giving thanks.

sf4JC