Antarctica X Preview (released, topic closed)

Sasa

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I am impressed.

I have spent at least a total of 6 months in Antarctica from 1993 through 2005. I still have many photos from that time. If they could be of use, let me know.

I have spent at least a total of 6 months in Antarctica from 1993 through 2005. I still have many photos from that time. If they could be of use, let me know.

Some more photos of McMurdo would be always useful. If they show the skiways that would be even better.

You can contact me using this page:

http://www.limesim.com/contact.html

Bests,

Sascha

• 4 weeks later...

Looks very nice, Mr. Sascha! :) Percentage-wise how far along are you from completion? 70%, 80%, or 90%?

Just trying to gauge for myself, Thanks & keep up the good work! ;)

• Upvote 1

Again a few more:

PreviewJuly01.jpg

Italian/Fench Concordia Station

PreviewJuly02.jpg

Custom approach lights at McMurdo's Sea Ice Runway (there are NO lights along the runway itself!)

PreviewJuly03.jpg

China's new Kunlun Station at Dome A (Around an altitude of 13,000ft!)

PreviewJuly04.jpg

China's new Kunlun Station at Dome A (Around an altitude of 13,000ft!)

PreviewJuly05.jpg

Japanese Syowa Station S17 Skiway

PreviewJuly06.jpg

Beaver Lake (landable meltwater lake on top of a saltwater lens)

PreviewJuly07.jpg

German Research Vessel Polarstern

PreviewJuly08.jpg

RV Polarstern

PreviewJuly09.jpg

US Coast Guard Ice Breaker USGC Healy

Boy those ships would justify a scenery package by itself, they're so detailed.

BUT I hope the human models in the chinese and japanese stations do have the expected asian features or else realism will suffer badly.

;)

Here's a screenshot of on of our beta testers taken at Wilkins Aerodrome using his authentic A321LR repaint.

PreviewJuly10.png

...and here's a YouTube Video link showing the real one:

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Dom, it's part of this Antarctica package.

I can't imagine there would be any problem you posting the images elsewhere, as long as it was made clear they are representing this Aerosoft project in Beta stage, but it might be worth waiting for confirmation from Sascha as it's his project. ;)

Hi Dom, it's part of this Antarctica package.

I can't imagine there would be any problem you posting the images elsewhere, as long as it was made clear they are representing this Aerosoft project in Beta stage, but it might be worth waiting for confirmation from Sascha as it's his project. ;)

Thanks Nick, i made a link to this thread.

really nice screens

Dom

At the Australian VATPAC conference we talked about an hour on antarctic air operations with a Vatsim member who is a radio technician there. I will be passing this on to other members of the Australian Vatsim Division. After learning all about flights down there I'm eagerly awaiting the release of theis unique area. Thanks Aerosoft for taking on this project.

At the Australian VATPAC conference we talked about an hour on antarctic air operations with a Vatsim member who is a radio technician there. I will be passing this on to other members of the Australian Vatsim Division. After learning all about flights down there I'm eagerly awaiting the release of theis unique area. Thanks Aerosoft for taking on this project.

Sounds cool! It would be nice if you could send me his contact details if you like so that I can contact him?:

http://www.limesim.com/contact.html

We now are betatesting and investigating flight routes etc. for the manual.

The project will also include flightplan files and added waypoints based on real flightplans where available (including the Twin Otter ferry flight from Canada to Antarctica for example).

Furthermore it would be good to know what communication phrases are being used down there for the missions we want to add.

Edit: Just found an interesting map showing the British routes to Antarctica:

post-43-0-46071200-1311670792.jpg

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 2