Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Aerosoft Sound System

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Forum Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 26,008 Posts:

Posted 29 January 2009 - 18:54

It is not really a product but a module that was designed for the Catalina but will be retrofitted to all our FSX aircraft. We call it Aerosoft Sound System and we do ask you not to use the acronym of the product name. We know and we got to snigger everytime we write it. Call us big kids, ok? Aerosoft Sound System is a small bit of code that is called as a standard gauge (so as part of the panel). It solves a problem we had in FSX and at the same time it allows us to expand the sound options of FSX.

The problem we had in FSX was that it is simply hard to play sounds for things that were so easy to add sounds to in FS2004. Just switching on a light should make a click sound (switches in aircraft panels are almost always rather 'stiff' and need some power to more, so they tend to be rather loud) but in FSX this always was hard. We needed this solved in a real easy way but we also wanted to be able to play unlimited sounds for other things.

Take for example the Catalina. If you want to start that aircraft without the use of an external power cart you use the small APU that is available. Now in A B747 this is a nice clean small engine in the tail but in the Catalina it is a noisy two stroke generator (much like a lawn mower) that is hand started. Or take the wind shield wipers. You won't hear them loudly when the engines are running but let me tell you that they make a racket because the engine is between the left ear of the pilot and the right ear of the co-pilot. Now Aerosoft Sound System solves the problem and adds the options we needed. Default events like a system being activated all get sounds by default (so we detect the light being switched on, not the switch being moved) and we simple are able to tell the module what sound to play when what happens. So the moment we modeled the APU system for the Catalina it only takes us minutes to have it completely ready for sound.

After the Catalina is out we will add this as a free update to the Beaver, Twin Otter, F-16 and all our other FSX aircraft. It's cool, it's free and it will make FSX a far better sim. Stay tuned...

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.jpg

#2 warbird861

warbird861

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts:

Posted 29 January 2009 - 19:37

Hmmm, interesting.
1. When you are served a meal aboard an aircraft, the aircraft will encounter turbulence.
2. The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee.

Valtteri Isola aka warbird861
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Yann Cotte

Yann Cotte

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 Posts:

Posted 29 January 2009 - 20:09

Nice idea, and great step for better environement.

#4 JamesChams

JamesChams

General

• _Members without voting rights
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 Posts:

Posted 29 January 2009 - 20:10

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

I'm glad to hear that (No "pun" intended rolleyes.gif ); I've noticed the amazing 3D sound effects in your Seahawk/Jayhawk X, which seems to be a little lacking in the F-16 (even though TSS sounds are awesome) - they just seemed a little empty of some of the ambience that is in the real aircraft.

Look forward to these updates. biggrin.gif
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Christos
Posted Image
FSX: Acceleration | D-TH2GO @3840x1024 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | MB: ASUS Striker II Extreme NVidia 790i SLI | CPU: Intel Extreme Quad-Core2 QX6850 3.00GHz |
Mem: 8GB RAM | Vid: (x3) 295GTX H2OC in Quad-SLI / (x1) PCI-ATI | Drv: RAID (x6 300GB) VelociRaptor, WD 2TB, 1TB, & 750GB, DVD/CDRW Burner & 1.44MB Floppy |

#5 VinFlyer

VinFlyer

General

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 Posts:

Posted 29 January 2009 - 22:15

That sounds asstonishing rolleyes.gif (sorry...) So with that update for the F-16 it will also be possible to get the Bitching Betty in and sounds of the switches (among other sounds)?
Vincent "VinFlyer" van Yperen - repainter
IN PROELIO GAUDETE
My website
My Photos

#6 Pidder

Pidder

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 Posts:

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:10

Very nice idea! Hope we will hear click-sounds etc. in the "Bushhawk XP", too?!
Gruß aus Berlin von
Markus
Flusi.info

Posted Image

#7 Snave

Snave

Field Marshal

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 Posts:

Posted 30 January 2009 - 13:08

To get some better `layering` of the sounds in the sim is a long-held dream of mine. The cone system that FSX instigated works in one way, but compromises sound integrity in so many others that you are left wondering "What were they thinking..?"

This could be an interesting enhancement that I presume could be retrofitted to other aircraft..?
Simon Evans
"Who cares what anyone thinks? It's what you know that interests"

#8 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 26,008 Posts:

Posted 30 January 2009 - 18:57

QUOTE (VinFlyer @ Jan 29 2009, 22:47 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds asstonishing rolleyes.gif (sorry...) So with that update for the F-16 it will also be possible to get the Bitching Betty in and sounds of the switches (among other sounds)?

Yes, most certainly.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.jpg

#9 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 26,008 Posts:

Posted 30 January 2009 - 18:59

QUOTE (Snave @ Jan 30 2009, 13:40 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To get some better `layering` of the sounds in the sim is a long-held dream of mine. The cone system that FSX instigated works in one way, but compromises sound integrity in so many others that you are left wondering "What were they thinking..?"

This could be an interesting enhancement that I presume could be retrofitted to other aircraft..?

Retrofitted to our aircraft for sure but we'll not offer this as a 'product'. But as always we will not create problems if you want to move a gauge from one aircraft to another. If you bought it you can do what you want with it.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.jpg

#10 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 26,008 Posts:

Posted 30 January 2009 - 19:01

QUOTE (Pidder @ Jan 30 2009, 09:42 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice idea! Hope we will hear click-sounds etc. in the "Bushhawk XP", too?!

Of course. We'll call all Bush hawks out there back to the factory to have this fitted free of cost.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.jpg

#11 hobofat

hobofat

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 Posts:

Posted 30 January 2009 - 23:47

This sounds amazing Mathijs! It's often these "little" things that make the experience more immersive. They aren't flashy per se, but once you start using them you can't stop. I'm excited to hear the new sounds.

#12 MeatWater

MeatWater

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 Posts:

Posted 06 April 2009 - 14:26

Can't wait to hear the ASS whipers on the Catalina!

laugh.gif muahahaha (sorry but I simply could not resist)
Nick

#13 Pidder

Pidder

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 Posts:

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:16

QUOTE (MeatWater @ Apr 6 2009, 16:26 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait to hear the ASS whipers on the Catalina!

Indeed they realy have their own sound, Nick! wink.gif
Gruß aus Berlin von
Markus
Flusi.info

Posted Image

#14 Paul K

Paul K

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 Posts:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 15:36

Very interesting indeed. You could always call it Aerosoft's Retro-fittable Sound Enhancement...

Not every damned thing is 'awesome' or 'iconic'.

#15 warbird861

warbird861

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 16:57

QUOTE (Paul K @ Apr 26 2009, 18:36 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very interesting indeed. You could always call it Aerosoft's Retro-fittable Sound Enhancement...

I like that one laugh.gif
1. When you are served a meal aboard an aircraft, the aircraft will encounter turbulence.
2. The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee.

Valtteri Isola aka warbird861
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#16 blazefox2

blazefox2

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 Posts:

Posted 19 May 2009 - 23:38

wow this is quite amazing i always disliked the lack of realism in fsx when it comes to sounds excpessialy flybys near the tower i would love the A.S.S. (no pun intended)

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users