Madeira X Terrain Problems

FSXaddict

Hey guys,

First let me say that this scenery is absolutely incredible. I don't know how you developed such stunning scenery and life-like mountains, and still allowed SUPER frame rates, but it worked. I'll tell you, this is A++++ work guys.

I am having some issues with my install. I'll post some pictures so maybe someone will know what my issue is. It seems the only problem I am having is with the terrain. You will notice the difference in the pictures. I compared the Aerosoft gallery pictures to my in-game view of what I see.

I am not running any 3rd party global terrain mesh or anything like that. I have the Madeira X scenery as #1 on the list in my add on scenery area. I have re-installed but still have the same problem.

Thanks for any help guys.

madeira1.jpg

madeira2.jpg

madeira3.jpg

madeira4.jpg

madeira5.jpg

madeira6.jpg

That was exactly it. Thanks so much.

I am still in disbelief that this is FSX. This is truly incredible scenery. You have definitely set the standard with this one. Congrats and thank you for this. I see many awards with this one. However you made it, please continue it. It combines breath taking scenery with great frame rates. I'd love to see this technique applied to the Rio De Janeiro scenery with their beautiful mountains.

I can't say it enough, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

Hello

Please make the graphic settings, how described in the manual. The delimitation on 22 F/s. is particularly important. ;)

Regards

Peter

Hi,

For some reason my pdf manual isn't working. Can you please copy and paste the part that talks about the terrain problem onto this forum?

Thanks,

-jb

• Administrator

Hello jp,

you can find the manual in the folder

[Microsoft Flight Simulator X]\Aerosoft\Madeira X\.

In the manual you can find the recommended settings.

Please check the mesh resolution slider in the menu display settings - scenery.

Set this slider to 5m. This is important for displaying the terrain correctly.

Hello jp,

you can find the manual in the folder

[Microsoft Flight Simulator X]\Aerosoft\Madeira X\.

In the manual you can find the recommended settings.

Please check the mesh resolution slider in the menu display settings - scenery.

Set this slider to 5m. This is important for displaying the terrain correctly.

Thanks for the info. I opened the manual from that folder before but all that came up was a bunch of numbers-same with the airport chart.

Anyway it doesn't really matter, I'll try what you said.

-JB

• 10 months later...

Hello APO1972,

I'm not sure how Africa is affecting your scenery.

Can you try disabling all other 3rd Party scenery except for Maderia and then restart the sim and recheck.

OK i did as you said...from Scenery library disabled all the 3rd party sceneries plus "addons" and had the same result!!!

I forgot to tell you that before a HDD format due a trojan all worked well.

Before 2-3 days I made a fresh install of FS9 and above of it i copied and overwrote all the FS9 folder with the one i was kept as backup before the format.

Then i saw the faulty scenery...

Today i did another try but with differenet way...i deleted all the folder of FS9 and copied only the backup FS9 folder!

Now everything is working ok!!

Hey guys.

First time i have problem with AS scenery.Please look at the screen.

I was trying to reinstall,change settings (madeira manula) disable all 3rd part addon but nothing help.All the time when madeira is active this is what happend.

Madeira v.101

FSX+ACC

Global2008

UTX Europe 1.3

Few aerosoft sceneries.

Any idea?

post-27591-125351369219_thumb.jpg

Hello Mirage9,

Its mentioned at the top of page 32 of the manual.

aaaa... i check at home for few next hours.But as i said before i never saw any problem with this scenery when i was installing.

Its failing on my new pc configuration.

I have to try reinstall fsx (just fsx).

I was made few changes at scenery/global and world folder.It could be reason why its failing.