Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Madeira X Terrain Problems

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
18 replies to this topic

#1 FSXaddict

FSXaddict

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 Posts:

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:05

Hey guys,

First let me say that this scenery is absolutely incredible. I don't know how you developed such stunning scenery and life-like mountains, and still allowed SUPER frame rates, but it worked. I'll tell you, this is A++++ work guys.

I am having some issues with my install. I'll post some pictures so maybe someone will know what my issue is. It seems the only problem I am having is with the terrain. You will notice the difference in the pictures. I compared the Aerosoft gallery pictures to my in-game view of what I see.

I am not running any 3rd party global terrain mesh or anything like that. I have the Madeira X scenery as #1 on the list in my add on scenery area. I have re-installed but still have the same problem.

Thanks for any help guys.

If my post contains a question, please read the following so that you may be educated as to the manner in which I have asked. I as you know, usually don't ask these questions because I do research before I ask. I am a frequent forum visitor as I have been for several years, so I've kept "tabs" on what is and isn't being created that sparks my particular interest. And as you know I would not have asked this question if I did not possess this information already. I must also say that I am not looking for someone to "do my dirty work" for me, as I have done this myself. My question is aimed towards "behind the scenes" chatter that may have been thrown across the board at some point in the recent months as to ideas of a possible future project. I do realize this question may displease certain personalities so to them I say "just keep going, take a deep breath. You are safe and people love you". Thank you, gentlemen, for taking the time out of your day to read my question, and in advance for any helpful information you may release.

Posted Image

#2 Flusipeter

Flusipeter

Flight simulator scenery developer

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 Posts:

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:12

Hello
Please make the graphic settings, how described in the manual. The delimitation on 22 F/s. is particularly important. wink.gif

Regards
Peter

#3 Andy B.

Andy B.

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 Posts:

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:05

Also make sure the "Mesh Complexity" and "Mesh Resolution" sliders are towards the maximum level in the FSX settings, otherwise things wont look right.

#4 FSXaddict

FSXaddict

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 Posts:

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:57

That was exactly it. Thanks so much.

I am still in disbelief that this is FSX. This is truly incredible scenery. You have definitely set the standard with this one. Congrats and thank you for this. I see many awards with this one. However you made it, please continue it. It combines breath taking scenery with great frame rates. I'd love to see this technique applied to the Rio De Janeiro scenery with their beautiful mountains.

I can't say it enough, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
If my post contains a question, please read the following so that you may be educated as to the manner in which I have asked. I as you know, usually don't ask these questions because I do research before I ask. I am a frequent forum visitor as I have been for several years, so I've kept "tabs" on what is and isn't being created that sparks my particular interest. And as you know I would not have asked this question if I did not possess this information already. I must also say that I am not looking for someone to "do my dirty work" for me, as I have done this myself. My question is aimed towards "behind the scenes" chatter that may have been thrown across the board at some point in the recent months as to ideas of a possible future project. I do realize this question may displease certain personalities so to them I say "just keep going, take a deep breath. You are safe and people love you". Thank you, gentlemen, for taking the time out of your day to read my question, and in advance for any helpful information you may release.

Posted Image

#5 maDBoos

maDBoos

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 Posts:

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:47

Happened the same to me. Simply set Mesh Resolution to 5 m among other settings, as described in the manual .

Best regards

#6 jbcanada77

jbcanada77

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 12 November 2008 - 00:00

QUOTE (Flusipeter @ Nov 10 2008, 01:12 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello
Please make the graphic settings, how described in the manual. The delimitation on 22 F/s. is particularly important. wink.gif

Regards
Peter

Hi,

For some reason my pdf manual isn't working. Can you please copy and paste the part that talks about the terrain problem onto this forum?

Thanks,
-jb

#7 Guenter Zehnel

Guenter Zehnel

Brigadier

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 Posts:

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:56

Hello jp,

you can find the manual in the folder
[Microsoft Flight Simulator X]\Aerosoft\Madeira X\.

In the manual you can find the recommended settings.
Please check the mesh resolution slider in the menu display settings - scenery.
Set this slider to 5m. This is important for displaying the terrain correctly.

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards,

Guenter Zehnel
product manager
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages.
If you prefer support via email use. https://aerosoft.zen...us_requests/new

#8 jbcanada77

jbcanada77

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 13 November 2008 - 00:32

QUOTE (Guenter Zehnel @ Nov 12 2008, 00:56 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello jp,

you can find the manual in the folder
[Microsoft Flight Simulator X]\Aerosoft\Madeira X\.

In the manual you can find the recommended settings.
Please check the mesh resolution slider in the menu display settings - scenery.
Set this slider to 5m. This is important for displaying the terrain correctly.

Thanks for the info. I opened the manual from that folder before but all that came up was a bunch of numbers-same with the airport chart.

Anyway it doesn't really matter, I'll try what you said.

-JB

#9 Guenter Zehnel

Guenter Zehnel

Brigadier

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 Posts:

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:24

Hello JP,

do you have the Adobe Reader installed on your PC?
You need it to reading the manual and the charts.
If you don't have it you cam download it from here:
http://www.adobe.com...llversions.html

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards,

Guenter Zehnel
product manager
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

If you prefer support via email use. https://aerosoft.zen...us_requests/new

#10 APO1972

APO1972

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 18 September 2009 - 16:55

I have the same problem with FS9 version.(look at the attachment)
How can i fix it????

Attached thumbnail(s)

• WONDERFUL MADEIRA Coastlines problem.JPG

#11 APO1972

APO1972

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:55

After a searching and tests...from settings Scenery library i dissabled "Africa",now the scenery is OK.
Then after i installed the miip.zip and observed that:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• WONDERFUL MADEIRA Coastlines problem 2.JPG

#12 Shaun Fletcher

Shaun Fletcher

Aerosoft Forum Administrator

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18972 Posts:

Posted 19 September 2009 - 15:30

Hello APO1972,

I'm not sure how Africa is affecting your scenery.
Can you try disabling all other 3rd Party scenery except for Maderia and then restart the sim and recheck.

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Shaun Fletcher
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

If you prefer support via email, http://aerosoft.zend...us_requests/new

#13 APO1972

APO1972

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 19 September 2009 - 18:34

Hello APO1972,

I'm not sure how Africa is affecting your scenery.
Can you try disabling all other 3rd Party scenery except for Maderia and then restart the sim and recheck.

OK i did as you said...from Scenery library disabled all the 3rd party sceneries plus "addons" and had the same result!!!

#14 APO1972

APO1972

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:18

I forgot to tell you that before a HDD format due a trojan all worked well.
Before 2-3 days I made a fresh install of FS9 and above of it i copied and overwrote all the FS9 folder with the one i was kept as backup before the format.
Then i saw the faulty scenery...
Today i did another try but with differenet way...i deleted all the folder of FS9 and copied only the backup FS9 folder!
Now everything is working ok!!

#15 mirage9

mirage9

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 Posts:

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:14

Hey guys.
First time i have problem with AS scenery.Please look at the screen.
I was trying to reinstall,change settings (madeira manula) disable all 3rd part addon but nothing help.All the time when madeira is active this is what happend.
Madeira v.101
FSX+ACC
Global2008
UTX Europe 1.3
Few aerosoft sceneries.
Any idea?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• madeira.jpg

#16 Shaun Fletcher

Shaun Fletcher

• _Members
  • 18972 Posts:

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:50

Hello Mirage9,

Did you look up the file mentioned in the manual and change it as well.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

#17 mirage9

mirage9

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 Posts:

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:31

Hello Mirage9,

Did you look up the file mentioned in the manual and change it as well.

file mentioned ?-what u mean?

#18 Shaun Fletcher

Shaun Fletcher

• _Members
  • 18972 Posts:

Posted 21 September 2009 - 13:39

Hello Mirage9,

Its mentioned at the top of page 32 of the manual.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

#19 mirage9

mirage9

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 Posts:

Posted 21 September 2009 - 13:58

Hello Mirage9,

Its mentioned at the top of page 32 of the manual.

aaaa... i check at home for few next hours.But as i said before i never saw any problem with this scenery when i was installing.
Its failing on my new pc configuration.
I have to try reinstall fsx (just fsx).
I was made few changes at scenery/global and world folder.It could be reason why its failing.

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users